Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Office Administration jobs, Office Management jobs, Finance jobs, Human Resources jobs,
• Performs a wide range of office support and administrative functions.
• Responds or drafts responses to routine correspondence and other communications; uses standard word processing package to produce a wide variety of large, complex documents and reports.
• Monitors processes and schedules related the unit’s outputs, products, tasks, where applicable, assists in the verification of receipt and accuracy of requisite documents, approvals, signatures, to ensure compliance with relevant legal, financial and other requirements.
• Researches, compiles and organizes information and reference materials from various sources for reports, work plans, studies, briefings, meetings/conferences.
• Generates a variety of standard statistical and other reports, work orders, using various databases.
• Proofreads documents and edits texts for accuracy, grammar, punctuation and style, and for adherence to established standards for format.
• Screens phone calls and visitors; responds to moderately complex information requests and inquiries (e.g. answers requests requiring file search), and as necessary, refers inquiries to appropriate personnel for handling.
• Provides secretarial, administrative and logistics support to meetings, boards, committees, conferences.
• Assists in the maintenance of websites by scanning, converting and posting a variety of documents onto the site.
• Assists in the preparation of presentation materials using appropriate technology/software.
• Maintains calendar/schedules; monitors changes and communicates relevant information to appropriate staff inside and outside the immediate work unit.
• Performs data entry and extraction functions.
• Reviews, records, distributes and/or processes mail and other documents; follows-up on impending actions.
• Updates and maintains large distribution lists; monitors, prepares and distributes various materials, reports, where possible using electronic formats; handles arrangement for printing and translation as necessary; coordinates shipment arrangements, courier services.
• Performs general administrative tasks (e.g. leave and attendance recording, arrangements for meetings and other events, reservations, budget follow-up), to include preparing and/or processing administrative requests/documents (e.g. requisitions, purchase orders, travel requests, contracts, expenditure authorizations, visa applications).
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
Completion of high school diploma or equivalent is required. Additional training in office administration, office management, finance, human resources, or related field is desirable.
SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
1. Human Resource Management:
• Coordinates actions related to the administration of the Division’s human resource processes both within and outside the Inspira system, e.g. recruitment, placement, promotion, contract renewals, orientation of new staff, job classification reviews, separation of staff members;
• Provides guidance to staff and ensures consistency in the application of UN rules and procedures in the human resource management processes;
• Follows up on the Performance Management process and ensures reporting compliance;
• Liaises with the Human Resources Management Service/United Nations Office Nairobi (HRMS/UNON) on human resources and contractual matters and remains up-to-date on human resources policies and procedures;
• Prepares and provides information on training, liaises with UNEP/Corporate Services Division (CSD) on training and ensures that information is disseminated to staff;
• Assists the Deputy Director with matters pertaining to leave monitoring, recording and compliance;
• Maintains the Division’s staffing table providing information, analysis and recommendations on the current staffing situation and informs the Chief of Operations on the status accordingly;
• Provides information to staff regarding conditions of service, duties and responsibilities, and privileges and entitlements under the Staff Rules and Regulations;
• Acts as an assistant programme case officer when required for Inspira processes;
• Processes consultancy contracts;
• Oversees the maintenance of vacancy announcement files and carry’s out preliminary evaluations of applicants for vacancies.
2. General Administration:
• Works with Chief of Operations to identify and resolve diverse human resources issues/problems as they arise and determines appropriate actions;
• Drafts routine correspondence to respond to enquiries in respect to relevant administrative, personnel matters; monitors and verifies telephone usage by staff;
• Provides guidance, training and daily supervision to other general service staff in the area of responsibility;
• Identifies administrative issues as they arise and helps to resolve them;
• Performs other related administrative duties as required (e.g., Travel and any other administrative functions that may arise).
3. Budget and Finance:
• Assists in reviewing the Division’s staffing needs with the various Units on a monthly basis;
• Assists the Chief of Operations in finding staffing solutions in line with the changing programmes and budget requirements.
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Passing the Global General Service Test (GGST) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Services and related categories in the United Nations Secretariat. Applicants who have not passed the GGST at the time of application may be invited for the test after submitting an application. Having passed the Administrative Support Assessment Test [in English] at the United Nations headquarters, Economic Commission for Africa, Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia, United Nations Office at Geneva, United Nations Office at Vienna, International criminal tribunal for Rwanda or International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia may be accepted in lieu of the GGST.