Project Management jobs, Consultancy jobs, Finance jobs, Accounting jobs,
Programme Management Assistant, G6 (Temporary)
- This position is in the Policy and Programme Division at the Nairobi Duty Station within the Project Review and Oversight Unit. The Unit serves as Secretariat for all concept and project reviews. In 2023/2024, the Unit will be responsible for a more expansive role associated to the new, forthcoming tiered-Project Review Committee (PRC) policy approach. The Unit will not only provide support in the form of recommendations at project design stage but will also orientate support to the implementation stage of the project. The Unit will also oversee harmonization of PRC review functions across the organization. The changing environment will require new responsibilities in the Unit, including a well-defined role for a Programme Assistant associated to the responsibilities described below.
- Under the overall guidance of the Senior Programme Officer, Head of Project Review and Oversight Unit, the incumbent will carry out the following tasks:
PROJECT REVIEW COMMITTEE
- Provides support towards the implementation of the new Delivery Model, in planning and implementation of new activities/processes for the Project Review Committee (PRC)Secretariat associated to the new, forthcoming PRC-tiered approach policy; and the Concept Approval Group (CAG) Secretariat in the departmental programme/project initiatives. Research, compiles, analyses, summarizes, and presents basic information/data on concepts and projects, and related topics.
- Assists in the coordination of programme/project planning and preparation for the PRC and CAG; monitors status of programme/project proposals; takes necessary action to ensure Project Documents are completed and submitted to relevant parties for approval.
- Assists in the preparation, review and revision of all the report submissions ensuring compliance with CAG and PRC guidelines, coordinating with proponents and ensuring full compliance with minimum standards for CAGPRC meetings. programme/project budget proposals; support the interpretation of budget guidelines; reviews and coordinates submissions of programme proposals and budget estimates, ensuring that requisite information is included and justified in terms of proposed activities; propose adjustments as necessary; prepares reports and ensures that outputs/services are properly categorized.
- Assists in the monitoring of CAG and PRC reviews, comments and responses on programmes/projects; categorizes, updates, tracks and analyses data related to programmes/projects and obtains necessary clearances.
- Collaborates with programme/project managers on performance reporting; liaises with relevant parties on the interpretation of the activities/services scheduled by the CAG and PRC Secretariats, and assists with reporting requirements, guidelines, rules and procedures of IPMR, Global Environment Fund (GEF), Global Climate Fund (GCF) and Open Data platforms to ensure completeness and accuracy of data submitted.
- Drafts programme/project summaries, coordinates review and clearance process, prepares, maintains and updates files (electronic and paper) and internal databases; designs and generates a variety of periodic and ad hoc reports, statistical tables, graphic content, and other background materials/notes to facilitate and other reviews.
- Drafts correspondence and communications related to all aspects of programme/project administration, including work plan, revisions and other related issues, as well as prepares unit contributions for a variety of periodic reports such as Programme performance report, quarterly report; and
- Serves as focal point for coordination, monitoring and expedition of programme/project implementation activities, serves as the UMOJA/IPMR data system focal point, ensuring compliance with approved Project Documents.
- Use of Umoja and extensive liaison with diverse organizational units, including with certifying officers to initiate payment requests, prepare standard terms of reference against programme/project objectives, obtain necessary clearances, process and follow-up on administrative actions and resolve issues related to project approval.
- Provides guidance and training to new/junior staff/UNV and performs other duties as assigned.
- Assists with the collection and analysis of data as well as preparation of data presentations and reports for information sharing, responding to queries, knowledge management, planning and decision making.
- Assists with visualizations and updating information material such as web pages or brochures.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of internal policies, processes and procedures generally and in particular those related to programme/project administration, implementation and evaluation, technical cooperation, programming and budgeting. Understanding of the functions and organization of the work unit and of the organizational structure and respective roles of related units. Ability to identify and resolve a range of issues/problems and to work well with figures, undertake basic research and gather information from standard sources. Demonstrated ability to apply good judgment in the context of assignments given. The ability to perform analysis, modeling and interpretation of data in support of decision-making. Shows pride in work and in achievements. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
- TEAMWORK: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- PLANNING AND ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
- Completion of High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Job – Specific Qualification
- Supplemental courses/technical certificate in administration, finance, budget, accounting or related fields is required.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience in programme or project administration, technical cooperation, or related area is required. The minimum years of relevant experience is reduced by two years for candidates who possess a first level University degree.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office applications is required.
- Experience working with System Application Products (SAP) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems including raising travel requests, and/or purchase orders is required.
- Experience as a co mpetent note taker, capable of summarizing key discussion points during meetings is desirable.
- A minimum of one (1) year or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.
Agriculture & Forest Finance consultant
Duties and Responsibilities
- UN Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment. Its mandate is to coordinate the development of environmental policy consensus by keeping the global environment under review and bringing emerging issues to the attention of governments and the international community for action. UNEP’s Ecosystem Division works with international and national partners, providing technical assistance and capacity development for the implementation of environmental policy, and strengthening the environmental management capacity of developing countries and countries with economies in transition.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of the UNEP’s IFACC Project Manager and in close cooperation with the Chief, Climate Finance Unit the consultant will act as the analyst responsible for supporting the different activities related to innovative finance in the Latin America region with focus on the Innovative Finance for the Amazon, Cerrado and Chaco initiative.
The specific tasks that he/she will be responsible for across these projects include:
- Engage companies, banks, investors, and other financiers of the value chains of beef, soy, and other agricultural products to promote sustainable production without further deforestation or conversion;
- Support the relationship management of current and potential IFACC signatories;
- Support in organizing IFACC and partner organizations events;
- Develop short post-event content to support IFACC Communications team;
- Participate in meetings and provide technical content to the IFACC Communications team;
- Develop the adaptation of content and support in delivering training on innovative financial mechanisms for companies, producers associations, cooperatives, financial institutions, and/or central banks in Brazil, Argentina, and Paraguay;
- Administer a post-training survey to at least 70% of the participants of the trainings delivered in Brazil, Argentina, and Paraguay;
- Lead in conducting interviews and surveys with signatories to collect feedback in cooperation with IFACC partners;
- Develop lessons learned reports based on the feedback collected with the IFACC signatories;
- Support the UNEP-WCMC (World Conservation Monitoring Center) team in evaluating the impacts of financial instruments launched by IFACC signatories;
- Support the UNEP’s IFACC project manager and/or Chief, Climate Finance Unit to organize meetings, workshops and other activities related to IFACC and/or innovative finance initiatives in Latin America region;
- Assist UNEP’s IFACC project manager and/or Chief, Climate Finance Unit in project management activities related to IFACC on behalf of UNEP;
- Support identifying synergies and engage with other UNEP-managed projects taking place in Brazil and neighboring countries such as the TEEBAgriFood, the TradeHub (managed by UNEP-WCMC), GEF-funded FOLUR and other relevant projects to be identified by the consultant.
- The consultant should have a bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, economic, international relations, or natural resource management with at least seven (7) years of professional experience working with financial institutions on forest and/or agricultural finance, agribusinesses, non-governmental organizations, and governments.
- In addition, it would be an asset if the consultant has an excellent network with government agencies in Brazil, Paraguay, and Argentina, as well as having a network with agribusinesses, traders, banks, and investors.
- In addition, he/she should be autonomous and computer literate in standard software applications; have excellent writing and communication skills; good analytical skills with an interest in the topic of sustainable land use and green finance; have good interpersonal skills. Although, he or she will work in a small team, it is essential that the chosen candidate can work in an independent manner to complete the given assignments.
- Fluency in oral and written English and Portuguese is required. Being able to speak, write and communicate in Spanish is a distinct advantage.
Closing Date: 01 November 2023
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.