Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Business Related jobs, Public Administration jobs, Administration jobs, Finance jobs, Accounting jobs, Human Resources jobs,
Human Resources Management
- Initiates, processes and follows-up on actions related to the administration of the unit’s human resource activities, e.g., recruitment of staff and individual contractors and consultants, placement, promotion, relocation, performance appraisal, job classification reviews, separation of staff members, training etc., ensuring consistency in the application of UN rules and procedures.
- Responds to enquiries and provides information and advice to staff, individual contractor and consultants regarding their entitlements, administrative procedures, processes and practices, conditions of service, duties and responsibilities, and entitlements under the Staff Rules and Regulations.
- Oversees the maintenance of vacancy announcement files and keeps track of status of vacancy announcements and recruitment and provides regular updates.
- Monitors staffing table and prepare relevant statistical data/charts for purposes of reporting.
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
Budget and Finance
- Assists in the preparation and review of financial and human resource proposals/requirements.
- Support, Monitor expenditures and compares with approved budget; prepares adjustments as necessary.
- Assists managers in the elaboration of resource requirements for budget submissions.
- Assists in preparation of budget performance submissions and finalization of budget performance reports, analysing variances between approved budgets and actual expenditures
- Prepares or customizes financial reports and relevant statistical data/charts from Umoja system generated reports.
- Co-ordinates with other finance and budget staff on related issues during preparation of budget reports.
- Drafts routine correspondence to respond to enquiries in respect to relevant administrative, HR and budgetary matters.
- Coordinates extensively with service units and liaises frequently with internal team members both at Headquarters and in the field.
- Performs other related administrative duties, as required (e.g., official travel planning, monitoring budgets and payment to vendors and individual contractors for services; physical space planning; identification of office technology needs and maintenance of equipment, software and systems; organizing and coordinating meetings, retreats, events; requisitioning of office supplies, furniture and equipment).
- Supports drafting of presentations and collates inputs and information for preparation of reports for presentation to inter-governmental bodies.
- Assists with day-to-day administration of contracts between the UN and external contractors for outsourced services.
- Audits the contractors’ invoices against the goods and services provided by the contractor as per approved contract and deliverables.
- Processes the payment of contractors’ invoices and monitor payments.
- Prepares and processes all UN forms and permissions for contractual and work Unit, Section or Service UN staff, including: UN grounds passes, property passes, swipe-card access and door keys.
- Coordinates with other project team members on all general administrative matters.
- Assists with the collection and analysis of data as well as preparation of data presentations and reports for information sharing, responding to queries, knowledge management, planning and decision making.
- Assists with visualizations and updating information material such as web pages or brochures.
- Performs any other assigned duties.
Completion of High school diploma or equivalent is required. Supplemental training and certification in Administration, budget finance, accounting, human resources is desirable.
Passing the Global General Service Test (GGST) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Services and related categories in the United Nations Secretariat. Successful passing of the Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) in English at the United Nations Headquarters (UNHQ), Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), Economic and Social Commission for Eastern Asia (ESCWA), United Nations Office at Geneva.
Seven (7) years of work experience in administrative services, budget finance, accounting, human resources or related area is required.
Experience with the use of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System (known as UMOJA within the United Nations) is required.
Experience in Project management or contract management is desirable.
Experience in construction management is desirable.
One (1) year or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
1. As Client Relationship Management (CRM) Focal Point, regularly review client satisfaction and be fully appraised of matters arising from services provided by DAS and resolve any questions related to common services (CS), client relations, and administrative issues; coordinate the smooth transition of new clients; regularly hold bilateral meetings with existing clients; coordinate the preparation and finalization of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Memorandum of Understanding (MOUs).
- Within the CRM portfolio, ensure adequate and timely communication on service provision through regular client meetings, reviews with Division Services, and a variety of media including website, surveys etc.
- Support recruitment of CRM staff in ODA. Develop communication tree and escalation mechanism and convey to clients/stakeholders.
- Responsible for CRM related trainings and focal point in ODA for the new CRM tool, Service Now, once rolled out.
2. Coordinate the implementation of multi-disciplinary initiatives and projects, as relates to CRM and development reforms, locally and in conjunction with the Department of Operational Support (DOS) and Development Coordination Office (DCO). Identify and coordinate activities to strengthen CRM in DAS.
3. Represent DAS on the monthly Common Services Management Team (CSMT) meetings, support the Kenya Resident Coordinator, Common Services Board (CSB) and the UN Country Team (UNCT) on progress and annual updates of the UNON Common Services portfolio.
4. As Common Services Focal Point, ensure the timely development of UNON CS annual workplans and budgets; prepare progress reports on UNON CS provision; maintain an accurate and organized repository of related documents; and identify areas that could benefit from CS interventions. Coordinate UNON reporting against established KPIs.
5. Manage the smooth operation and provide administrative guidance to the CRM and Common Service portfolio team members, within the Office of the Director.
6. Participate, as required, in working groups and other committees related to common services, Local Shared Service Centre (LSSC) as requested by the supervisor.
7. Identify quality issues, and consequently, opportunities for quality improvement regarding the UNON/DAS service provision to other entities globally.
8. Oversee the Data / Management support staff in the unit responsible for checking and preparing overview of data for DAS service provision, Key Performance Indicators (KPI), in coordination with UNON services.
9. Collects and analyzes data to identify trends or patterns and provide insights through graphs, charts, tables and reports using data visualization methods to enable data-driven planning, decision-making, presentation and reporting.
10. Perform other related duties as designated by the Senior Coordination Officer and Director of Administration, UNON.
Advanced University degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business, public administration or a related field required. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is desirable.
A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in administration, finance, accounting, human resources management or related field is required.
Experience in the delivery of a range of administrative services, within tight deadlines in accordance with established UN requirements, and/or knowledge and experience in the fields of operational service provision is required.
Experience managing high level client relationships with strong communication and analytical skills is required
At least 3 years of relevant work experience with Client Relationship Management (CRM), and Quality Assurance Management (QA) is desirable.
Experience in project management, providing leadership and team coordination in a multi-cultural, working environment is desirable.
2 years or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.