Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
Vodafone Group Plc Jobs, Senior Manager – Compliance And Control Jobs
Senior Manager – Compliance And Control
- Posting Country: South Africa
- Date Posted: 24-Jun-2020
- Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Joining Vodacom is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
- Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
- And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.Role Purpose
- The Senior Manager – Compliance and Controls role based within Risk and Compliance.
- The job holder will take end to end programme ownership for the M-Pesa Africa Compliance Programme by monitoring and reporting results of the compliance efforts of the company and in providing guidance for the senior management team on matters relating to compliance. The Job holder, together with the Risk and Compliance Director, is authorized to implement all necessary actions to ensure achievement of the objectives of an effective compliance program Using a risk based approach. The job holder will ensure that M-Pesa Africa activities, products and services are compliant to regulations and policies across M-PESA markets. The job holder will coordinate M-Pesa compliance best practice sharing across the various M-Pesa markets in Africa.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Senior Compliance Manager will have extensive senior-level engagement with Policy and compliance Champions (Nominated at functional level) and other key stakeholders throughout M-PESA Africa and the local markets. The Senior Compliance Manager will apply strong change management and interpersonal skills to influence those Senior-level stakeholders to drive behavioural change in the area of compliance and continous assurance and Controls monitoring, in order to ensure MPESA Africa is operating a world-class compliance function.
- Design, Development and implementation of the Compliance Policies and Procedures; Manage the Compliance and CACM programs.
- Report on the state of M-PESA compliance with the control management and other policies and regulations governing the organization on a quarterly basis.
- The Senior Compliance Manager will deliver the MPESA Africa Compliance Programme through leading and developing a team of Compliance Champions nominated from across the business.
- The Senior Compliance Manager will be responsible for managing the Compliance Centre of Excellence across the different markets.
- The Senior Compliance Manager will be responsible for conducting risk assessments on products and services rolled out by MPESA Africa
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- A graduate with a degree in Business, Law, Engineering or IT.
- Professional certification in risk management and information systems e.g. CISA or CPA (K) or equivalent.
- Audit background
- Ability to analyze significant amounts of data and information and distill it to the key points in analyzing risks in a given situation.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- High level experience and skills working with stakeholders
- Strong background in auditing, accounting or the legal field.
- At least 4 years proven experience in risk analysis in a telecommunications environment
- Detailed knowledge of GSM and IT network.
- Detailed knowledge of mobile network operator’s business models
- Consciously takes steps to make the most of every conversation/interaction.
- Identifies people’s needs, interests and motives to be able to influence the decisions they make.
- Communicates simply to excite and engage people
- Pro-actively adapts own style and approach to build rapport, and work with others more effectively.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships and networks.
- Targets effort and resources on high-value, high impact activity.
- Closing date for Applications: 2 July 2020
- The base location for this role is Kenya
- The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
- Vodacom is committed to an organisational culture that recognises, appreciates and values diversity & inclusion.
Commitment from Vodacom
- Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
How To Apply
- Click Here to Apply
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview