Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
VSO jobs, NGO jobs, Advocacy jobs,
Policy & Advocacy Adviser
VSO is the world’s leading international development charity that works through volunteers to create a fair world for everyone. At VSO we pride ourselves on doing development differently. We fight poverty not by sending aid, but by working through volunteers and partners to create long-lasting change in some of the world’s poorest regions. We bring key stakeholders together to co-ordinate collective action, from local organisations to national governments. Our programmes in Africa and Asia focus on health, education and livelihoods, with an increasing emphasis on resilience, peace building, social accountability, gender and social inclusion. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change that will improve the lives of generations to come.
(NOTE:2023 UN Jobs - Ongoing Recruitment. Get More Details Here.)
The ideal candidate for this post is skilled in Advocating and lobbying for increased public investment in climate adaptation, agroecology, decent work and social protection infrastructure Influencing changes in systems and structures e.g., food, seeds and labor markets and green jobs. Conducting participatory social accountability, labor market, value chain and unpaid care assessments for evidence-based system changes. Next to this, you will be interpreting and reviewing relevant policies, evaluating options and making recommendations for new policies.Description
- Document evidence from our programmes on multiple benefits of agroecology for policy influencing.
- Identify government schemes that can support investment in agroecology (agriculture research, financing, strengthening local markets, farmer managed seed systems, climate information services, manure production, processing, solar energy for processing/cooking).
- Identify and support youth to document examples of their engagement in food systems transformation through employment opportunities created and supported.
- Ensuring VSO’s programme learning around women’s rights – unpaid care, SRHR, GBV, gender sensitive value chains and addressing social norms is reflected in key policy instruments at national and global levels – in key practioner spaces/policy dialogues.
- Support in influencing TVET structures to improve their work in this area as opposed to general skills development.
- Provide advice on formulation of strategies in different areas to ensure Meaningful Youth participation in Advocacy Processes.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in development studies, political sciences, Policy/Advocacy or other related business studies.
More Details on Experience
- Experience of Livelihoods programming within climate adaptation, agroecology and green jobs.
- 3-4 years of Experience in Policy and Advocacy, working within Agroecology, food security or green jobs.
- Proven experience in training and development of staff ensuring continuous learning.
- Proven track record in planning, developing and implementing organisational structures and sustainable improvements;
- Strong communication, documentation, report writing and presentation skills including excellent written and spoken English;
- Experience with ongoing advocacy initiatives in different development sectors in developing countries.
More Details on Skills
- Ability to be open minded and respectful
- Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
- Ability to seek and share knowledge
Terms And Conditions
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
This is role is a remote role, expenses incurred in carrying out the assigned activities will be reimbursed (e.g. Internet, phone communications).
Interested applicants to click the link to apply before 29th January 2023.