Are you still using the OLD and OUTDATED CV format?
CV Format UPDATES for the year 2022 REVEALED
Find details here
NGO jobs, Monitoring and Evaluation jobs, Education jobs,
Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Windle International – Kenya is anticipating funding and plans to recruit two suitable candidates to fill the position of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officers based in Dadaab Refugee Camp and Kakuma Refugee Camp.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
The M&E officer will be responsible for designing and implementing the M&E activities of the Project; supporting the project team in data management and compilation of qualitative and quantitative reports and monitoring project activities.
In addition, the M&E Officer will:
- Contribute to the development of monitoring and impact indicators for the project’s success
- Assist in the development of databases of the project and ensuring data is organized in a logical manner for presentations and external consumption
- Support, design and develop qualitative and quantitative study instruments whenever required
- Train key programme staff in the use and management of data
- Participate in monitoring missions by donors to the field and provide technical and contextual information for purposes of verifying project performance
- Participate in the tracking of project beneficiaries receiving targeted support and advise on efficient and effective delivery
- Play a lead role in the management of data entry and cleaning tasks (verifying entries, confirming field details and analysis related to cleaning).
- Perform regular school visits to ensure the quality of data collected by the project
- Participate in the development of monthly, quarterly and annual reports
The candidate should meet the following minimum requirements
- A university degree in social sciences, development studies, statistics, economics or related field, such as operations research, quantitative analysis, etc.
- Proven experience with M&E methods and approaches, planning and implementation of M&E systems, information/data analysis and report writing in education programmes
- Thorough familiarity with principles and current approaches to M&E using both quantitative and qualitative methods;
- Demonstrated M&E field experience: skilled in collecting, manipulating, synthesizing and analysing data
- Excellent computer skills including use of M & E Software: SPSS, STATA or Epi Info
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The individual recruited for this position will be expected to carry out the following duties:
- Responsible for coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of education activities in collaboration with education staff and partners
- Provision of adequate and timely technical guidance, supervision, capacity building and management support
- Promote quality delivery of the secondary education programme
- Promote community self-management in relation to the running of secondary schools
- Provide essential physical facilities and instructional materials to the schools
- A degree in education, with a Masters degree in Education or related field preferred
- 5 years of proven experience in effective and efficient management of Kenya education with high quality outputs.
- At least three years of experience managing program staff and implementation in the field with experience in education preferred
- Proven knowledge of Kenya Education systems and rich networks with Key MOE officials.
- Ability to motivate staff and students to perform maximally and a good team-player.
- Excellent planning, analytical, conceptual and organizational skills.
- Understanding of data collection and analysis and documentation of results
- Proven ability to manage and control finances, track project expenditure, prepare and guide department staff on budget forecast and expenditure levels.
- Proven track record and experience in procurement processes.
- Has good report writing skills
- Understanding of humanitarian, development and protection standards and their application in the field.
- Superior writing skills, including proven ability to conceive and write grant proposals and donor reports.
- Mastery of office software (MS Word, Excel, and Power Point) required.
- Able and willing to live, work, travel in fast-paced and environment adhering to strict security guidelines.
- Good understanding of the area of operation is an added advantage
Interested and qualified? APPLY HERE