Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
NGO jobs, Monitoring & Evaluation, Education jobs, Statistics jobs,
Consultant – School Parents Association (PA) AND Boards Of Management (BOM) Members Training
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a Training Manual for training PA and BOM members on their role in effective school governance and in relation to the successful implementation of the Competency-Based Curriculum.
- Undertake training of PA and BOM members drawn from targeted secondary schools in Kakuma and Dadaab Refugee camps on effective governance and the promotion of support for the successful implementation of the new Competency Based Curriculum.
- Develop a detailed training report with recommendations on successive training needs for PA and BOM members around the implementation of the Competency-Based Curriculum in Junior Secondary School.
- An inception report capturing your understanding of the assignment and content development approach.
- Training manual informing training delivery for PA and BOM members.
- Training report
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Education or the social sciences;
- A minimum of five years experience working with education and specific training of school governance structures in humanitarian, ASAL or post-conflict contexts;
- Experience in Kenya’s Competency Based Curriculum(CBC)implementation and an in-depth understanding of its requirements of Parents Associations and School Boards of Management;
- In-depth knowledge of curriculum design, instructional methods, and training techniques;
- Thorough understanding of the composition and functions of the Board of Management and Parent Associations in schools as provided for by the relevant laws of Kenya;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and an ability to prepare high-quality reports in easy-to-understand formats for non-technical audiences.
Baseline Survey Consultant – Improving Transition Outcomes In The Competency Based Curriculum (IT-CB)
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE BASELINE SURVEY
The baseline survey will establish the status of specific project performance indicators prior to the roll out of project supported measures. These will form part of the basis for evaluating to what extent project supported measures have contributed to the realization of set objectives at different intervals of implementation-including at project end line. The baseline survey will target at least 15 schools – 6 in Dadaab and 9 in Kakuma/Kalobeyei refugee camps. Specific performance indicators to be reviewed have been aligned to specific project objectives as follows:
- Objective 1: Enhance the capacities of teachers to effectively deliver Competency Based Curriculum in middle school.
- Indicator: Program beneficiaries’ perceptions on quality of curriculum implementation from a teacher retention perspective.
- Objective 2: Increase infrastructure and materials necessary for the implementation of Competency Based Curriculum in middle school.
- Indicator: Improved sanitation and hygiene in junior secondary schools as a result of pit latrines constructed by the project.
- Objective 3: Enhance parents and education stakeholders’ engagement towards effective curriculum implementation support especially for girls and other vulnerable groups.
- Indicator: Percentage of beneficiaries who report an improved sense of safety and wellbeing at the end of the program, disaggregated by age and gender.
The duration of the survey exercise including data collection and reporting is expected to take a maximum 15 days from the date of contracting
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop baseline survey plan, methodology, sampling plan, and data analysis and collection structure.
- Oversee data collection, analysis and interpretation of both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Work closely with relevant WIK IT-CBC project team and conduct debriefing sessions highlighting key baseline findings relevant to the project objectives and performance indicators.
- Draft the Baseline Survey report, incorporate the inputs from the relevant project staff, and submit the final baseline report.
- An inception report capturing your understanding of the assignment, survey plan, methodology, sampling plan, data analysis and collection structure.
- Finalized data collection tools.
- Baseline survey report aligned to the project objectives and performance indicators with all relevant annexes
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences, monitoring and evaluation, education, statistics or any other related field; a master’s degree or advanced qualification in a related area will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of five years’ experience working with education, M&E and exposure to humanitarian, ASAL and post-conflict contexts.
- Experience in conducting periodic project evaluations such as baselines, midlines and end-line;
- A demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse teams in a multi-cultural and dynamic setting mainly most-at-risk populations like refugees;
- Ability to analyze quantitative and qualitative data and prepare high quality reports in easy to understand formats for non-technical audiences.
Method of ApplicationInterested and qualified? Go to Windle Trust Kenya on docs.google.com to apply