Education jobs, Early Childhood Development jobs, Healthcare jobs, Project Management jobs,
Education & Early Childhood Advisor
Technical support in Program design and Quality Assurance
- Provide effective technical support to APs and Grants implementing Child Learning and other education interventions
- Participate in the development and review of National Strategy and Technical Programs and ensure Education is well articulated in the CL & HHR Technical Program, related concepts and proposals and utilized to implement NO Strategy
- Participate in technical coordination, planning and review meetings for Education within and externally
- Develop and disseminate guidelines that will support delivery of the Education objectives throughout the strategy period appreciating the unique contexts where the TP will be implemented.
- Support development of Child Learning TP and AP plans (AOPs, DIPs, Annual Budgets)
- Provide effective technical support to field project teams to roll out of World Vision Partnership and other recognized and approved Child Learning Core Models (GbG & Learning Roots)
- Coordinate as applicable sector integration interventions for ensuring integrated Child Learning implementation with other TPs at NO and field level.
- Support/enhance linkages with EARO and GC Education learning centres for continued backstopping to enable quality programming within WVK
- Ensure that business processes, standards and guidelines related to Child Learning initiatives are effectively applied by field programs
Program Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, Learning, Research and Innovation
- Participate/Support CL & HHR TP adaptation processes, Program assessments, monitoring & evaluation,
- Ensure interpretation and utilization of assessment, baselines, evaluations and verification on quality of designs
- Strengthen research, learning, documentation and dissemination of WVK work in Child Learning
- Provide technical linkages and implementation of innovations related to the TP models both with National and Regional Level Governments, public and private partners
- Ensure development of standardized monitoring tools & staff capacity building including core models Data Quality Tools (Learning Roots & Go Baby Go) to ensure are in use with appropriate feedback
- Gather data at National level for reporting on Child Learning (MMR, Semi-Annual, Annual Reports, WVK annual & Board TP Report)
- Coordinate and participate in regular learning forums to profile, communicate and ensure adoption of promising Child Learning practices
- Participate in joint program monitoring visits with key partners to track and document program progress in the targeted program sites.
- Ensure the feedback from monitoring exercises feeds into the working of relevant technical working groups within the Program counties.
- Support quality reviews of program reports and core documents as per WVK guidelines and donor standards.
- Design/Coordinate/participate in education & child learning operational research, documentation, publication and dissemination of useful research findings
- Identify capacity gaps in child learning to inform the National level staff capacity development strategy
- Ensure skills and capacity development for staff and partners in child learning strategies, models and approaches.
Program Development and Resource Acquisition
- Technically support Resource Acquisition & Management (RAM) team to develop proposals/concepts to prospective donors and SOs for Child Learning
- Respond effectively to calls and queries by donors and SOs on Education & child Learning Concepts/Proposals in coordination with RAM
- Physically present/defend Education & Child Learning Proposals to donors in coordination with RAM when required
- Participate in Go-No Go Processes, write ups, meeting with prospective donors and submission of concepts/proposals
- Develop quality and coherent Education & child Learning capacity statements
- In liaison with communications team, develop context specific electronic and live media communications on education & child learning and market related activities.
- Develop Sector specific Job Descriptions for technical staff in liaison with People & Culture
Collaboration and Advocacy
- Forge and strengthen partnerships with National and County government and other stakeholders involved in Education and ECDE Sectors
- Lead in development and utilization of MOUs / working agreements with sector strategic, funding and program/project implementation partners
- Participate in the planning and execution of ECDE Networks in all the counties, County level conferences e.g Nairobi County Conference, National Education Summit
- Facilitate formation of the working committee for the National Education sector engagement for policy influence on the integration of the WVK Child Learning Models
- Establish and maintain strategic contacts with the UN, Government, INGOs, Universities, Research Institutions, Donors and Embassies
- Ensure WVK representation in key strategic Education working groups and forums
- Gather and provide quality feedback and data to be used to develop technical papers and recommendations on key issues for external engagement with decision makers
- Support advocacy efforts to influence County Governments’ Planning and Budgeting processes and resource allocation to the priority needs within the sector
- Ensure active engagement on policy at County and National level on issues to do with the food and nutrition security and sustainable use of natural resources
- Support development of technical papers and or policy briefs on key issues for external engagement with decision makers
- Build capacity of field staff on advocacy for enhanced advocacy mainstreaming in Child Learning projects
- Participate and contribute in various committees and task forces and other assignments
- Ensure Linkage with World Vision EARO and World Vision GC Education Initiatives/forums for continued backstopping to enable quality programming within WVK.
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the supervisor.
- Participate and contribute in committees and task forces as may be signed from time to time.
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Arts in Education, BA Early Childhood Development, BA Early Childhood Care & Development or a closely related field from a recognized University
- Relevant Post graduate qualification(s) will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated track record in proposal development, funding acquisitions and grant management for major government donors preferred
- Good understanding of the international development trends and approaches at both national and global levels
- Must possess good understanding, knowledge and experience of WVI global core Child Learning project models including Go Baby Go, Learning Roots among others
- Computer literate especially in Microsoft Office Suite and basic knowledge of data analysis programs such as SPSS, Stata, EPI Info and use of GIS for socio-economic mapping
- Excellent technical programming and management skills and a good understanding of the entire program/project life cycle
- Must have good facilitation skills and ability to deliver staff and partner capacity building (training, coaching and mentorship) on relevant technical fields including roll out of CPMs
- Ability to take initiative, solve complex problems, exercise independent judgment
- A team player, capable of building staff and partner’s capacity in Education
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and emotional maturity
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts
- Strong budgetary and financial management skills.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills with leadership & management experience an added advantage
- Should be a self-starter, able to work under minimum supervision and maintain good relationships
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, networking and representation skills with experience in public engagements
Resource Acquisition Specialist
Reporting Line: Associate Director
- To lead donor engagement, intelligent research on donor strategies, sectoral focus and forecasts, prepositioning for solicited and unsolicited opportunities and generate set annual grant income for World Vision Kenya. The incumbent shall contribute strategically to development of Grant Acquisition and Donor Retention Strategies for World Vision Kenya from the assigned Foundations, bilateral, and multilateral donors. As part of the WVK family, the position holder promotes World Vision’s Christian values through its work in teams and with people from various backgrounds.
Duties and Responsibilities
Growth of Grant Income as per RAM Business Process as a result strengthening GAM business process
- Lead engagement exercise with WVK identified donors as related to WVKs donor mapping and tiering guidelines.
- Identify donor priorities and intelligence on upcoming opportunities
- search for information that will facilitate positioning and establishment of partnership for opportunities
- Lead the proposal development process in partnership with NO teams, SO and external partners/ consortia as relevant
- Coordinated procedure for managing new opportunities including Grant start-ups
Donor attraction and retention
- Actively seek out strategic alliances with donors, NGOs, UN, governments, Support Offices, bilateral and multilateral agencies for purposes of coordination fund raising
- Pro-actively provide donor updates on existing grants and keep the donor relations on course to ensure repeat funding.
- Ensure good donor and World Vision International Support Office relations by meeting all contractual obligations and achieving high quality planning and implementation of RAM activities
Grants start-ups Monitoring, Reporting, Documentation and Knowledge Management
- Coordinate with Grant compliance Due diligence, pre-teaming, teaming process and sub-grant Agreement
- Lead the handing over process of awarded opportunities and support start-up processes of grants as relates to business process.
- Lead the process of after-action reviews after every submitted opportunity and document lessons learnt to improve our process
- Participate in donor grant monitoring trips as feasible
Capacity Building for staff on Grants Acquisition and Management
- Support identification of WVK staff capacity gaps at all levels (NO, Regional & County) in regard to grants acquisition and donor requirements.
- support the development & implementation of NO GAM capacity- building plans.
- Facilitate capacity building on proposal development, donor engagement, WVK Branding and monitoring & reporting based on donor requirements.
- Research, develop & implement new initiatives that make GAM function more effectively e.g. Sub granting
Qualification,Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Social sciences, Public Health OR Food nutrition and Dietetics (FOND), or relevant field from a recognized University. Post graduate degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 6 years relevant experience, 3 of which must be in grant acquisition and donor engagement,
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience in leading and coordinating teams
- Must have experience in designing and programming project in the sector WASH, Health, nutrition, Livelihoods
- Ample experience and expertise in partnering with government donors, multilateral donors and private sector
- Ability to work under tight schedules and with highly competing priorities and deliver quality results
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Writing and presentation skills
- Computer skills especially Microsoft
- Proposal Pro/ equivalent training will be added advantage
- Demonstrated experience in community development work, partnering and consortium management, staff capacity building,
- Ability to motivate multi-stakeholder teams and inspire teamwork and to manage donor expectations
- Experience in engaging with bilateral, multi-lateral donors and private donors;
- Significant experience in project management and grant compliance procedures.
- Demonstrated strong grant writing; ability to develop quality concept notes, proposals, logical frameworks and reports under tight deadlines