Inclusive Market System Specialists-2
Technical Leadership and Program implementation (45%0
- Ensure capacity building of the staff, farmers and where applicable implementing for effective engagement in the Local Value Chain development/Inclusive Market System Development…
- To provide advice, mentoring, motivation, supervision and support for Project staff in Local Value Chain Development/iMSD interventions.
- Market actors mapping per AP and development of engagement plan and platforms such as Business to Business for enhanced farmers’ profitability along key value chains supported through Building Secured Livelihood model (BSL)
- Provide a leadership role in working with the project staff in the formation, strengthening and capacity building of households and producer groups in Local value Chain Development/iMSD interventions.
- In liaison with the field staff, explore and establish aggregation centres among the producer groups areas and other strategic points where needful and feasible.
- Oversee establishment of Business-to-Business Forums, production groups, marketing groups and enhanced collective marketing of produce.
- Develop practical Local Value Chain Development/iMSD training materials and references according to local context and conduct relevant training sessions for staff, partners, local authorities, and other stakeholders.
- Support Project Staff in facilitating the formation of Producer Groups within the project implementation areas.
- Engagements with respective counties and National government for more investment in infrastructure development to support Local Value Chain development
- Provide quality assurance for LVCD/iMSD project models implementation, in accordance to WVKs Strategy.
- Work with government staff and other key stakeholders to guide farmers in their respective producer groups do farming as per the market demand.
Monitoring, Evaluation Accountability, Learning and Innovation (30%)
- Carry out participatory market research and value chain analysis for selected and prioritized value chains (for on-farm and off-farm)
- Develop tools, frameworks and resources to enable better Local Value Chain Development & Inclusive Market System Development integration in THRIVE Project
- Coordinate field level monitoring of Local Value Chain Development/ iMSD interventions and the implementing partners.
- Track and report against Local Value Chain Development/iMSD indicators in THRIVE project.
- Working closely with the DMEAL coordinator, generate Quality & Accurate quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports informed by Monthly Management Reports and in line with support office requirements and regulations.
- In liaison with the DMEAL coordinator and the field program managers, develop a regular schedule for monitoring and support visits and organize reflection and learning forums on Local Value Chain Development interventions
- Lead the capacity building initiatives of communities and partners on monitoring and ensure participatory data collection on Local Value Chain Development/ iMSD initiatives
- Review and provide technical feedback on project results and reports to donors in order to ensure quality with a focus on Local Value Chain Development.
- Identify successful LVCD/iMSD practices in the project that can be showcased in publications, communication materials and conferences
- Prepare communications materials that highlight the Project’s LVCD/iMSD programming, successes and lessons learnt.
Engagement Networking and Advocacy (20%)
- Establish and sustain working relationships with key THRIVE stakeholders including, local value chain partners.
- Mapping of key buyers at the Field & National level and fostering buyer seller agreements with farmers for maximum profitability.
- Engagements with respective counties for more investment in infrastructure development to support Local Value Chain development.
- Strengthen linkages between the Project and other WVK programs
- Ensure program representation in key strategic LVCD technical working groups and forums at the county and national level
- Actively participate in the Project meetings, and other WVK forums and meetings as appropriate
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor or designee from time to time.
- Participate and contribute to committees and task forces which you may be appointed to.
- Participate and lead devotions as appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in community development work implementing Livelihoods & Resilience programs.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience on Economic empowerment and specifically through Local Value Chains Development/Inclusive Market System Development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agribusiness Management, Entrepreneurship, Agricultural Economics, Horticulture, Agriculture Extension, or a closely related field from a recognized University.
- An understanding of poverty analysis and livelihood security frameworks; Value Chain Development, Making Markets Work for the Poor.
- Proven track record as a staff and community trainer and capacity builder in mindset change, agricultural production, on-farm and off-farm Local value chain development, marketing and financial inclusion.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in Results-Based management, staff capacity development, development of community capacity and community-based organizations, linking of professional, academic and community-based learning models
- Ability to build capacity of staff on Local Value Chain Development and Inclusive Market System Development technical fields;
- Ability to take initiative, solve complex problems, exercise independent judgment;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision;
- A team player, capable of building staff and partners in economic development activities
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, and emotional maturity.
40%: Financial Management and Budget Monitoring
- Support the project team through the day-to-day facilitation and financial guidance to undertake activities.
- Review purchase requests to ensure adherence to the approved budgets.
- Review and vendor invoices on timely basis
- Analyse grant financial performance and advice management
- Review expenses charged to grants for accuracy and completeness.
- Ensure staff advances are properly managed.
- Ensure an updated Asset register is maintained and assets are efficiently used.
- Monitor project expenses and do corrections as appropriate.
- Reconcile timesheets with payroll for the project staff under grants.
30%: Financial Analysis and Reporting:
- Prepare monthly analysis reports and share with management.
- Preparation and share the monthly financial for the project.
- Prepare management reports for decision making purposes..
- Timely response to any queries relating to the financial aspects of the project from the donor, WV NO, WVI partnership, Auditors and Sub-grantees.
- Ensure monthly accrual of completed activities.
- Support and participate in year- end processes.
15%: Risk Management and Compliance
- Ensure donor regulations are adhered to for the assigned projects
- Identify finance risks facing the grant and share with management
- Support with implementing mitigation measures for the identified risks.
- Support with internal and external audits done on the grant.
- Provide relevant information for audit responses.
- Follow up on implementation of audit recommendations.
- Provide and maintain grants financial information for safe custody and access.
- Ensure smooth and efficient running of the office facilities.
- Attend program technical meetings and give feedback and updates on financial aspect of the assigned grants.
- Ensure good storage of financial reports and records in line with the WVK and donor requirements.
- Ensure all copies of final signed Grant agreements documents between donors and WVK is available on file.
5%: Other Duties
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by supervisor or designee from time to time.
- Participate and contribute to committees and task forces which you may be appointed to
- Participate and lead devotions as appropriate
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor of Commerce, Economics, Accounting or Finance or related field
- CPA Section 4 and above
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- Practical experience of using SUN system accounting Software is preferred
- Advanced excel and analytical skills
- Compatibility with WV’s Mission, ethos, policies and core values.
- A team player.
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.