Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
Human Resources Management jobs, Business Management jobs, Social Sciences jobs,Project Management jobs,
Director – People & Culture
Ensuring Strategy development and execution
- Provide strategic guidance and support to the senior leadership team in the alignment and execution of the National Office Strategy and business plans with Our Promise strategy.
- Develop and implement the People and Culture (P&C) strategy and business plan in support of and in alignment with country, regional and global strategic priorities.
- Spearhead the monitoring and reporting of People & Culture strategy metrics related to talent acquisition, development, retention, performance management, employee engagement and organizational leadership.
(NOTE: Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs. 5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free Get More Details Here.)
Promoting Leadership quality and sustainability
- Build the capacity, depth and breadth of National Office leadership to meet the evolving leadership needs, to realize Our Promise and to enable transformational mindsets and behaviours.
- Identify and nurture globally, regionally and in-country mobile talents to support leadership and career development, succession planning and retention of high potential managers and leaders and to prepare a pipeline for future leadership for grants.
- Design and execute an orientation and on-boarding strategy that will enable staff to understand Our Promise, its implications on World Vision Kenya programme and adopt the desired mindset and behaviours to achieve Our Promise.
Ensuring Staff engagement and well being
- Contextualize, promote and support systems, services and programs for staff well-being that will maximize staff well-being to enable our staff to embrace the opportunities and challenges in meeting Our Promise.
- Execute Our Voice survey and leverage the results to enhance Staff and Organisational Well-being. Together with the senior leadership, plan and drive measurable improvements in Organisational Leadership, Culture, Agility and Effectiveness.
- Strengthen the quality of Staff Care and Peer Support interventions especially in fragile, response and conflict areas.
- Identify the organisational culture gaps and plan culture change Interventions to promote leadership and staff mindset & behaviour changes to deliver our promise.
- Design and execute compensation and benefits strategy, systems and processes in alignment to strategy 2030 that enables the organisation to attract right staff, stay competitive within the applicable labour market and promote staff retention.
Promoting Accountability and performance culture
- Promote a culture of diversity and encourage spiritual formation of leaders, promote interfaith principles and values and oneness among staff of multi faith.
- Spearhead the performance management process, strengthen the quality of performance and promote career conversations in the office.
- Review and contextualize global and regional P&C Policies to National office P&C policies for International assignees and national staff and ensure its alignment with Country labour laws, execution and compliance.
- Ensure people management risks are identified and the organization regularly reviews and implements adequate risk mitigation measures. Strengthen the risk mitigation measures especially in fragile, response and conflict areas.
- Provide leadership in educating staff on employee relations and investigations protocol and ensure cases are managed confidentially and promptly.
Developing Capable and available workforce
- Spearhead the acquisition and prepositioning of a diverse and talented workforce
- Ensure that the National Office recruitment policy, system and Processes are well established for acquiring right talents with required competencies, mindsets and behaviours required to realize Our Promise.
- Ensure monitoring and reporting systems for national & International hires are effectively managed.
- Promote gender and diversity and female leadership through right identification of talents at all levels.
Developing a strategic and professional People & Culture Team
- Ensure that the People &Culture function has the required capacity, capability, systems, processes, policies and guidelines that help the organisation drive transformation of mindsets and behaviours and realization of Our Promise.
- Promote a customer centric culture in the People & Culture function, ensuring professionalism and accountability in delivering services to staff and leaders.
- Provide overall leadership and technical support to the P&C team, coaching and mentoring the team through regular meetings, sharing and monitoring weekly, monthly and quarterly individual plans to support their professional growth and development.
- Design efficient P&C systems and processes with a particular focus on process excellence and ensure that Our People information system is fully operational with 100% accuracy
Promoting external and internal coordination
- Establish proactive linkages and strategic networks with key International NGOs and other stakeholders at the national and international level for broader impact and also to keep abreast of the ongoing changes in external environment that affects National Office operations.
- Consistently develop and maintain working relationships with regional P&C, SLT and different departments including field based program managers.
Qualifications and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Management or Social Sciences or related fields.
Master’s Degree in the relevant field is an added advantage
- Technical Training qualifications required: Professional qualifications in Human Resource Management or Organizational Development or Leadership Development.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Senior Human Resources Management position in an international Non-Profit organization
Project Manager II
The Project Manager II role is responsible for the management of one or more medium to large-sized, moderate to high complex projects and Tier 2 project budget.
Individuals within the Project Management job family are responsible for the planning, development and implementation of project efforts. They develop, establish and maintain project management standards and procedures. They are responsible for developing the project scope, defining project guidelines, obtaining business and information technology sponsor approvals and coordinating the resources necessary to successfully complete the project. Other responsibilities include the refinement of requirements, project coordination, development of plans and schedules, resource planning and estimation and project maintenance.
Once a project is set in motion, individuals are expected to communicate major milestones, identify potential project risks, provide continuing direction to the project team and conduct regular status meetings to review project activities. Furthermore, they are responsible for managing the prioritization procedures for changing scope (i.e., change management) and project acceptance procedures. Near the end of the project, they obtain feedback to ensure that project efforts meet customer expectations for contracted time, cost and performance.
Individuals serving in this role require proven skills in managing within a matrix organization. They have excellent communication skills, with the ability to clearly communicate vision, mission, and goals to both business and IT audiences. They have a sound understanding of technology and its application to achieve business objectives. Lastly, they are expected to provide the highest level of expertise in the application of the tools and techniques of the project management discipline.
- Develops and maintains productive working relationships with business owners, project sponsors, vendors and key clients.
- Develops, and continually updates, project plans and schedules. Develops product breakdown structures.
- Identifies project dependencies prior to the start of the project. Works with the Business Analysts and the client to define/refine the project scope.
- Facilitates the gathering of information required to estimate project cost, resources, time and deliverables. Prepares all project management baseline products.
- Negotiates conflicts and resolves issues that arise. Acts as a mediator between stakeholders and team members. Resolves any issues and solves problems throughout the project life cycle.
- Determines staffing requirements and forms project teams. Develops budget requests for resources.
- Works with resource managers in order to effectively align resources across projects.
- Provides work direction and leadership to assigned projects, including scheduling, assignment of work and review of project efforts.
- Assists with identifying which resources need to be procured outside the organization. Describes technical or other issues that need to be considered and assists in the development of Statement of Work (SOWs).
- Determines if external consultants or contractors will be required to complete project plan.
- Recruits and manages appropriate staffing resources. Provides advice and counsel to the vendor relationship decision-making and contract development processes.
- Evaluates service provider performance. Approves invoices for payment. Provides an issue escalation path and resolves vendor performance disputes.
- Identifies the elements of risk in a project.
- Analyzes and prioritizes project risks and assesses its potential impact to the client.
- Develops and maintains risk plans, processes and systems in order to mitigate risk. Creates action plan for risks that occur and follows through on plan. Maintains issue list, proactively escalating issues to project and departmental leadership to mitigate risk. Recommends and takes action to direct analysis and solution of problems.
- Estimates costs associated with a project including physical, financial and human capital costs.
- Develops a detailed cost baseline from cost estimations. Refines project cost estimates and confirms funding sources. Monitors and controls the actual cost of a project versus the budget.
- Reviews bills and evaluates factors that may potentially cause cost changes. Conducts in-depth root cause analysis of project budget discrepancies.
Standards, Policies, and Procedures
- Utilizes established project standards, procedures. Contributes to the development of new quality metrics.
- Compliance to established policies, procedures and standards.
- Identification of quality metrics.
- Develops a communication plan to convey project scope, goals, milestones, budget, risk, status, change requests and critical issues to the client and project team.
- Asesses the effectiveness of the interaction and communication with the client and project team.
- Coaches or mentors less experienced personnel.
- Transfer of knowledge to team members.
- Requires 5–7 years of IT work experience, including 2 or more years managing IT Projects projects. Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally, as necessary
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English.
- PMP Certification, Prince 2 Certification, ITIL 4 Certification, AGILE Certification e.g Professional Scrum Master, Disciplined Agile Certification etc.
- Project Manager of Global or Regional Technology and Digital Solution projects
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to _10% of the time.