How To Get a 6 Figure Salary
Even Without a Degree or Masters
Free Live Event Register here
Latest Ngo Job Vacancies at Living Goods
Living Goods has developed and proven a cost effective, high-impact community health care model using a business-minded focus on innovation, paired with critical public health delivery. To support our ambitious goals in Kenya, we seek an experienced, innovative and passionate individual, with a strong-track record of delivering results, to join our Field Operations team as a Regional Field Manager. This role will provide leadership to multiple LG Branch teams in an organization focused on dramatically improving the health and livelihoods of millions of low income households
Expansion Officer will be reporting to the Expansion Manager, the ideal candidate will support set up of new branches and operations, participate in recruitment and interviewing of CHVs, training and on boarding of the candidates and organizing the graduation activities. The position will be based in Nairobi but with frequent field travels.
Expansion Officer (Internal Candidate)
The specific duties and responsibilities include the following;
- Set up new branches and operations;
- Support in detailed mapping of sub-county and manage data entry.
- Working closely with the Expansion Manager and Government Relations Manager, support in identifying which CUs to recruit from and prioritize them.
- Assist Facilities Officer/ Expansion Manager identify new branch locations.
- Recruitment and interviews;
- Actively participate in mobilization and recruitment exercises, including briefing to branch teams.
- Support in recruitment session: pitch to candidates, manage data of tests and interviewing.
- Manage data entry and sharing all database with the team responsible for recruitment.
- Work closely with branch and training teams after recruitment to ensure 100% turn out for training and support in budgeting for CHV transport costs to the training venue.
Training and on boarding
- Be present on first two days of base training to manage candidates’ arrival and attendance.
- Support in budgeting and arranging colourful and successful graduation ceremonies by supporting sourcing the graduation venues and vendors, and ensuring smooth running of graduation day and complete and timely reconciliation of funds advanced for each activity.
Required Qualifications, Experience & Attributes
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in a field based role.
- Undergraduate degree in business or diploma in business, management or health related areas preferred,
- Good analytical skills and experience in using various analytical soft wares.
- Strong mapping skills a plus.
- Unimpeachable integrity.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and drive for results.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English and Swahili.
- Passionate about field work – flexible and willing to travel 75% of the time within Kenya.
- Experience in project management is an added advantage.
Carry out procurement activities in accordance with Living Goods procurement policy and procedures to ensure the timely availability of quality goods and services at the most competitive prices. The position holder will be responsible for micro procurement (< USD 5,000), provide support for high-value procurement, and contribute to supplier selection and performance evaluation.
- Supplier Selection
- Carry out, under the guidance of the procurement manager, market surveys for goods and services
- Assist the Procurement Manager in populating and maintaining supplier database by carrying out assigned tasks related to the prequalification process or the ad hoc approval of new suppliers
- Maintain complete and accurate supplier information by regularly updating information in
- Annually assist the Procurement Manager in conducting supplier performance evaluation.
- Procurement & Contracting
- Provide advice and technical support to user departments in developing goods and service specifications for inclusion in requisition or request for proposal
- Review requisitions and clarify specifications, if needed, develop request for quotation (RFQ), circulate RFQ, evaluate and rank offers, and issue purchase orders
- Prepare purchase orders, documentation and contracts for goods, services and works of a value < USD 5,000
- Facilitate the contracting process for procurement > USD 5,000, by organizing information and preparing documents to be reviewed by the Evaluation and the Procurement committees.
- Aid user departments to successfully launch contract, monitor implementation, and evaluate contractors’ performance.
- Conducting all procurement and payments to suppliers as per Living Goods’ procurement rules and internal procedures
- Periodically update the procurement status reports for tracking purposes of all procurement.
- Receiving and Supplier Performance
- Maintain regular contact with contracted suppliers to monitor adherence to delivery period according to the terms of procurement agreement
- Regularly update users on the progress of their requisitions and promptly communicate any expected delay in delivery
- Coordinating with the receiving unit on goods/services to be received and obtain the satisfactory delivery notes and invoice from the receiving unit.
- Collect data and measure suppliers’ performance against service level agreement
- Maintain a list of barred entities (Supplier Blacklist)
- Receive, record, organize, and transmit incoming correspondence addressed to the Procurement unit in line with instructions and procedures
(NOTE: Would you like to know the BIGGEST CV mistake you can make? Find out plus the Top 8 Ways To Make Your CV Stand Out.)
Education And Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing and Supplies, Business Administration, Economics or any other related and relevant field.
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in Procurement coupled
- Proven experience with ERP systems is highly desirable
- Certification from relevant procurement professional bodies an added advantage.
- Ethics: A strong sense of ethics and adherence to procedures.
- Problem solving: You play well with others and enjoy seeing the impact of our work as a team.
- Multi-tasking: Able to juggle multiple tasks at once while ‘staying calm and carrying on’. Flexibility in handling unexpected work assignments as and when required.
- Continuous learning: Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills and keeps abreast of developments in own professional area.
- Accountability: You take responsibility for your actions and follow through on commitments.
Regional Field Manager
- Maximize the performance of the branches in your region both in term of health impact and sales.
- Build and develop high-performing branch teams: recruit, manage, motivate and develop branch managers and support branch teams to increase efficiency and overall performance of LG’s Community Health Volunteers (CHVs) and operations.
- Coach, support and train LG Branch teams on CHV support and motivation, including monitoring of CHV performance both in terms of health service delivery and sales.
- Supervise branch operations including coordinating with other departments to better serve customers & CHVs. Account for branch operational performance including P&L, petty cash counts, inventory and credit management.
- Implement across branches new initiatives (for instance, mentorship programs, new delivery systems to CHVs, new credit systems, etc.) as well as marketing and promotional efforts to support CHV sales goals
- Support implementation of key innovation experiments that can drive replicability, efficiency or greater health impact.
- Support branch teams with mapping and CHV recruitment.
- Support the Branch managers in your territory to build relationships with key partners in the region including the County Health Teams and other operating partners working with CHVs.
- Partner with Director of Field Operations to build a culture of high performance at Living Goods.
- Undergraduate degree preferably in health related areas , or in business or management
- A minimum of 3 years supervisory experience preferably of a a health team. Supervision of a field force of at least 20 team members in sales or micro-finance banking also advantageous.
- Track record of motivating teams to excel.
- Unimpeachable integrity and strong interpersonal skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and drive for results.
- Bottom of the pyramid and/or social enterprise experience a plus.
- Exceptional analytic skills and strong computer skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English & Kiswahili and other local languages spoken in Kenya.
- Willingness to travel within Kenya more than 80% of the time.
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and bonus opportunity. The opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
Method of Application
Interested and Qualified? Go to Living Good career website at livinggood.applytojob.com to see more job openings and application details.
Living Goods is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. Living Goods does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
Our current job openings are displayed on our website, where you can search for open positions and apply directly. Living Goods does not offer any positions without an interview and never asks candidates for money. If you are asked for money, we strongly recommend that you do not respond and do not send money or personal information.