Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
Responsibilities and Tasks
Research and Documentation
- Identify research gaps on Community governance
- Conduct research on Community Action planning
- Responsible for mobilizing communities and engaging them on WASH and community governance research issues.
- Actively promote gender sensitive research methodologies at all levels of project implementation.
- Identifying, develop and take part in testing innovative approaches to schools and community-based water, sanitation and hygiene that promote sustainability and scalability
- Prepare and Develop research reports and manuscript for publication
- Ensuring research tasks are undertaken on schedule
- Document and report research progress to the project manager
Monitoring, Evaluation and Data Analysis
- Conduct monitoring and evaluation of the project research pieces
- Develop and review data collection tools
- Carry out data collection and analysis
- Responsible for development and maintenance of research datasets and project work plan
- Develop monitoring tools
- Community strengthening and support for policy implementation and governance
Advocacy, community engagement and Communication:
- Assist in developing andcoordinating implementation of communication Strategy for Government Collaboration and Influencing
- Mobilization of political will to increase budget allocation and financing for water, sanitation and hygiene in schools and communities
- Initiate community dialogue that promotes effective delivering and financing of community and school WASH
- Developing key advocacy messages and strategy at the county level to promote community dialogue and advocate for improved water coverage.
- Take part in Collaborative implementation and influencing of policy at the county level
- Promote point of use water treatment technologies uptake through policy development and advocacy
- Advocate for improved clean and safe water provision for communities
- Identify or develop appropriate tools that can be used to monitor WASH implementation.
- Community mobilization and action planning, Integration of VSL model and WASH in the community
Representation, Liaison and Networking
- Engage Government and other development partners to influence policy that prioritizes
- WASH in schools, clinics and community
- Mobilizing partnerships with local civil society organizations,
- Representing the project on relevant county working groups.
- Liaise with GOK, NGO’s and other mission sectors as appropriate
- Deputize for Project Manager SWS Project in any forum and when required.
- Identify and prepare issues/topics for presentation in workshops and meetings
- Promote dissemination of Project’s results in consultation with the Project Manager.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Project Manager
(NOTE: Would you like to know the BIGGEST CV mistake you can make? Find out plus the Top 8 Ways To Make Your CV Stand Out.)
Location: The incumbent will be based in Kisumu but carry out field activities in Migori County as well.
- Preferably University degree in Social Sciences, Environmental Health Sciences/ Community Health or equivalent
- At least five years experience in community based programme management
- Experience in NGO work is desirable.
- Experience in promotion of participatory research in Safe Water System (Point-of-use home based water chlorination), water, sanitation, hygiene and project monitoring and evaluation techniques
- Preferably a postgraduate degree in public/community health, social sciences or equivalent.
- Excellent training and communication skills.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills.
- Project management.
- Computer literacy Word processing and spreadsheets.
- Knowledge on VSL/GSL methodology is desirable
- Ability to work with minimal supervision