Are you still using the OLD and OUTDATED CV format?
CV Format UPDATES for the year 2022 REVEALED
Find details here
NGO jobs, Human Resources jobs, Law jobs,
Regional Investigation Officer
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
Full time Purpose
Working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, the Regional Investigation Officer undertakes and manages higher risk investigations of alleged misconduct or violations of the ICRC internal policies and procedures, ensuring best practices.
• University degree in social sciences, law or subjects associated with criminal / administrative investigations.
• Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
• Participation in investigation training courses or CFE certification an asset.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience with investigatory procedures and practice preferably within international organizations (including private sector), preferably, but not limited to, misconduct and wrongdoing by employees, suppliers and partner organizations, including fraud and other forms of corruption, using investigation techniques and procedure.
• Expertise in investigation technique, particularly where conduct also may have criminal implications that could result in prosecution before local courts.
• Knowledge of legal, procedural and evidentiary standards.
• Proven working knowledge and experience with gender sensitive interviewing methodology, and proven experience integrating practical protection measures for engaging with alleged victim(s) and witness(es).
• Experience in conducting investigations into alleged Sexual Exploitation and Abuse.
• Experience of Human Resources-related investigations (such as alleged harassment or other violations of a professional working environment) would be an asset.
• Excellent drafting and reporting skills including interviewing skills.
• Fluency in English (Minimum C1 Level)
• Fluency in French is required for one of the three positions offered (Minimum C1 level).
• Computer proficiency.Responsibilities Accountabilities & Functional responsibilities
In this role, your main tasks will be to:
• Manage the administrative investigation cases, prioritizes follow-up based on advice from Head of the Investigation Unit or designate.
• Plan, organize, conduct and manage investigations of alleged misconduct or alleged violations of ICRC internal policies and procedures.
• Obtain and review relevant documentation; conduct interviews and take statements; analyze facts, determine findings, and formulate recommended disciplinary and jurisdictional actions; gather and analyze electronic evidence.
• Determine whether matters involve potential fraud, corruption or other illegal or criminal conduct warranting referral to national authorities.
• Prepare complete and concise investigation reports and conducts post-investigation tasks.
• Work collaboratively and in coordination with colleagues to achieve organizational goals, in accordance with ICRC Code of Conduct Framework and Guidelines and in compliance with other Organizational principles and regulations.
• Perform other duties as required including training.