Pharmaceutical jobs, Engineering jobs,Technical jobs, Project Management jobs, Healthcare jobs, NGO jobs,
The Pharmaceutical Technologist will ensure accurate dispensing, patient counselling and proper handling of pharmaceutical supplies for all orders and provide effective pharmaceutical services to meet client needs.
Strategy and Implementation
- Develop project activity strategy with timely and regularly reviewed implementation work plans.
- Support the facility’s growth strategy by staying up to date in their profession through attendance to educational workshops and maintaining annual CME requirements as per the requirements of the professional’s board.
- Ensure the reference documents at the pharmacy are up to date.
- Receive written prescription or refill requests and verifying that information is complete and accurate, ensuring proper dispensing in the facility.
- Pre-packing of medicines for dispensing.
- Enhancing rational drug use within the facility.
- Timely and accurate dispensing to patients’ drugs.
- Advise clinicians on drug interactions and advising on alternatives where applicable.
- Provide pharmacological information by responding to questions and requests from the health professional counselling patients on drug therapies.
- Coordinating, ordering of pharmaceutical purchase.
- Ensure rationale procurement of medicines and supplies.
- Ensuring cost effective selection of commodities for purchase.
- Order, label and count stock of medication and chemical supplies.
Drug Store Management
- Maintain proper storage, security conditions and records of pharmaceutical stocks.
- Ensuring timely requisition and inventory management.
- Tallying medicines received from supplies against invoices and checked for correctness of quantity, price, batch numbers and expiry date.
- Maintain cleanliness of shelves and medicines
- Maintain purchase records and invoice
- Ensure cold chain is observed as per medicines specifications.
- Receive and store incoming supplies verify quantities against invoices and inform supervisors of stock needs.
- Forecasting drug needs for the medical centre and Monitoring stock and informing supervisors of stock needs.
- Establish and maintain patient’s profiles, including list of medication taken by individual patients.
- Documenting reports done.
- Streamlining data entered in computer for ensuring accurate data quality.
Reporting and Documentation
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual reports relating to movement of medicines and relevant supplies from the pharmacy.
Education and Professional Qualifications
- Minimum of Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology from a recognized institution
- Duly registered with the Pharmacy and Poisons Board
- Must have a valid current practicing license
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience
- Experience in handling multiple tasks and working independently and in multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Team player
- Excellent communication and planning skills
- Problem solving skills
- Listening skills
- Integrity and honesty
- Ethical work practices
Deadline: 29th of june
Project Associate – Water Starters Project
- Bachelor’s Degree in Water Technology or related field.
- Experience implementing water and sanitation projects is mandatory.
- At least Three (3) years of relevant experience with Two (2) years of involvement in community work; mobilizing outreach activities, or training communities with NGOs in Kenya.
- Possess skills in proposal and report writing, project cycle management and participatory monitoring and evaluation of projects.
- Flexible and able to work under pressure.
- Strong commitment to the organization’s mission, vision and strategies.
- Ability to manage time, multitask and prioritize.
- Having a good geo-political understanding of the county will be an added advantage.
Deadline: 30th of june
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Able to deliver quality work within tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Hard working and results-oriented.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to write clearly, concisely, and in a logical manner.
- Assessment and planning skills
Organizational Capacity Strengthening Officer
Education and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Studies, Organizational Development, Business Administration, Community Development or other relevant fields. Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Results-based programme management for (I)NGOs and donor-funded initiatives of similar scope.
- Strong and passionate commitment to and knowledge of youth policy and programmatic priorities in Africa
- At least four (4) years of hands-on project experience in NGO sector, Organizational Capacity Strengthening, Contract and Sub-Award Management.
- Experience in mentorship and coaching, organizational capacity assessments and supporting organizations to develop and implement capacity-building plans
- Experience in advance grants management
- Experience in program and budget management
- Experience working with diverse and multicultural teams is necessary
- Experience in coordinating and managing youth-led organizations
- Demonstrable experience in mentoring and coaching Sub-awardees on Organizational development functions
Competences and skills
- Strong process facilitation skills, with the ability to develop and implement skill-building workshops and other learning events for diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Energetic, hands-on with the ability to prioritize demanding tasks and finds challenges exciting
- Ability to exercise confidentiality, integrity, tact and discretion when dealing with diverse groups of people and processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, negotiation and networking skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision