Media, Advertising, Branding, Finance, Accounting, Audit,
Creative Content Manager
- Leading editorial on creating written, photographed, and video content, while servings as an “internal journalist” finding and highlighting interesting aspects of our impact.
- Own information gathering and storytelling about each of our programs — in 2022, we ran two dozen programs in 11 countries.
- Lead freelancers + internal teams to create data visualizations and animated graphics that crisply highlight the impact of our work.
- Improve our content collection practices, setting and maintain standards of story collection quantity and quality from field teams.
- Collaborate with country directors, partnerships directors, and donor relations team, building buy-in and serving their cross-functional priorities.
- Drive innovation in unique styles and techniques of documenting our work, including new mediums, technologies, and editorial styles.
- Identify, cultivate, and manage a roster of local filmmakers and creators to contract with us on special projects.
What you’ll bring:
- Alignment with GiveDirectly Values and active demonstration of our core competencies: emotional intelligence, problem solving, project management, follow-through, and fostering inclusivity. We welcome and strongly encourage applications from candidates who have personal or professional experience in the low-income and/or historically marginalized communities that we serve.
- 3+ years of experience in a fast-paced content-driven role in communications, consulting, media, or systems management with proven skills in project management.
- Exceptional relationship building: you’re excited to work with GiveDirectly leaders in many countries to build consensus and buy-in for the importance of this work.
- Strong communications skills and editorial sensibility (speaking, writing, presenting, risk assessment, and negotiating with multiple stakeholders)
- Excellent attention to detail regarding text (spelling, grammar, translation), visuals, facts and figures, and video
- Position is mostly remote but involves travel within the country appox. once a month and out of country once a quarter. Must be willing to locate in Uganda, Rwanda, Malawi, or Kenya
Nice to haves:
(not requirements, but mention if this is you)
- Canva or Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator/Premiere experience
- Data visualization tools (Canva, Tableau, etc)
- Experience with multiple camera technologies
- Past work traveling often to remote locations, working in the field
- Database management experience
- SalesForce and Hubspot experience
- Professional storytelling / creative writing experience
- Fluency in French or primary languages where GD works (Arabic, Swahili, Kinyarwanda, Chichewa, etc.)
Manager – Accounting
The role will cut across Financial Management, Accounting & Reporting and Audit & Compliance.
Financial Management, Accounting and Reporting
- Prepare and keep track of project and country budgets & spending
- Provide finance inputs for country proposals, policies and projects
- Bookkeeping – pass journals and supporting documentation according to the monthly close calendar
- Review monthly, quarterly and annual spending for accuracy
- Prepare and present budget and actual reports the users of financial information
- Ensure that funds expended are compliant with Donor requirements, national/state regulations and organizational policies
- Create error free periodic reports, such as balance sheets, profit & loss statements, management reports etc.
- Document and update financial policies and procedures in our knowledge management system, Guru.
Audit and Compliance
- Lead the management of annual and country audits
- Assist in the preparation and provision of support for the financial statement audits
- Prepare financial statements
- Oversee the preparation and submission of regulatory filings
- Ensure compliance with applicable standards (i.e. IFRS), rules, regulations, and systems of internal control
- Implement payment and procurement protocols, including ensuring proper documentation (both hard and soft copies) and adherence to controls
- Coordinate the submission of statutory payments to the statutory authorities on time and file original receipts
- Implement the Finance and Accounting Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of professional experience in accounting or finance, with experience in data analysis budgeting and reporting.
- Professional qualification (ACCA or CPA) is required.
- Professionally proficient in English
- Ability to liaise remotely with a wide range of people at all levels and across different cultures and to act with credibility, tact and diplomacy
- Excellent stakeholder management and strategic influencing skills
- Ability to be proactive and logical in problem-solving scenarios
- Strong time management skills with an ability to plan ahead, anticipate requirements, and obstacles, and an ability to juggle competing priorities successfully, and to work to tight deadlines
- Maintains a calm disposition and positive outlook particularly when working under pressure
- A full appreciation of the value of cooperation, both internationally and within a team environment
- Aptitude to learn quickly new software tools, such as Slack, Intacct, Limelight, and Google Spreadsheets
- Advanced excel skills
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Alignment with GiveDirectly Values and active demonstration of our core competencies: emotional intelligence, problem solving, project management, follow-through, and fostering inclusivity.