Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Administration, Secretarial , Education, Teaching, Medical, Healthcare,
Assistant Registrar – Students Registration & Examinations
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare and Maintain accurate student academic records, including course registration, performance, deferment, suspension, resumption of studies and credit transfer records
- Coordinate semester grade reports distribution to the students and sending term performance reports to parents and sponsors
- Provide and communicate information from the Registrars’ Office to appropriate individuals and groups as required/ requested
- Assist in the administration of examinations and continuous assessment tests
- Maintaining clock in clock out registers for lectures and analyzing the same
- Provide support to students on online learning
- Assist in the issuance of academic Certificates
- Assist in grade verification process before issuance of Transcripts and preparation of diplomas
- Maintain accurate and up to date student grade books
- Orderly archiving of examination scripts, and all other student records within the Academic department, examination office and registry
- Provide excellent customer services to students, faculty, and staff
- Perform any other relevant responsibility as requested by the Head of Academics and or the Registrar.
THE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Key Skills and Personal Attributes
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
- Major strength in Statistics and Data analytics
- A high level of professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Internet).
- Understanding of technology applications related to records and data management processes
- Excellent judgement with the ability to balance risks and opportunities
- Ability to work under pressure to deliver challenging tasks
- An absolute commitment to upholding the College Values. In particular, commitment:
- to prioritize the needs of students
- to act with integrity, authenticity & respect at all times
- to secure continuous improvement and excellence
- to focus on coaching and developing others to reach their full potential Demonstrated commitment to continuous personal development
- Sound administrative skills and experience in working with individuals of diverse demographic nature.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma in education, business administration, or related field from a recognized institution with a major strength in Statistics and Data analytics and records management.
- 1-2 years of related registry work experience in a tertiary educational setting.
- Demonstrated continuing professional development
- Sound knowledge and understanding of best practice locally and internationally in regards to Academic records and management
- A deep understanding of, commitment to and involvement in hospitality Industry
- Understanding of technology applications related to records and data management processes.
- Experience with Excel and other Microsoft Office applications essential; database management experience highly preferred
Deadline: Sunday 11th June, 2023
Public Health Manager
- The Public Health Manager is responsible for ensuring effective design, development, implementation and evaluation of integrated Health programming in both emergency and development contexts for the national society. This role contributes to the realization of key objectives of the Health and Nutrition sector strategic plans as well as the overall organization strategic plan objective of ensuring communities lead healthy lives and have opportunities to achieve social, economic and psychosocial wellbeing. It includes active participation in researching, analyzing data, reporting and liaising with health agencies especially the Ministry of Health and other partners to ensure quality programming to meet set targets and international humanitarian standards.
SCOPE OF THE ROLE:
- Provide technical support and leadership in RMNCAH, GBV, & management of KRCS clinical facilities
- Provide oversight and monitoring support to the implementing teams.
- Provide technical support and guidance in the management of the KRCS health facilities in refugee operations and drugs and substance abuse rehabilitation center
- Build the capacity of the implementing teams.
- Spearhead Health systems strengthening efforts for delivery of Integrated Health and Nutrition interventions
- Establish and maintain partnerships.
- Coordinate resource mobilization.
- Oversee and undertake research, policy, advocacy, documentation and generation of data for decision making.
- Provide leadership in the design and development of evidence based high impact Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health (RMNCAH), Gender Based Violence and blood donation interventions in line with the organizational strategy and sector specific strategies and plans.
- Provide technical support and guidance to the teams managing the health facilities in Kalobeyei, Dadaab and drugs and substance abuse rehabilitation center
- Coordinate preparation of funding proposals to meet the identified needs in line with the strategic plan ensuring adherence to donor requirements.
- Undertake scoping for new partnerships and ensure strategies are in place to maintain existing partners.
- Represent organization in national Government health sector and other stakeholder coordination forums.
- Participate in the development and review of health sector policies and guidelines for enhanced service delivery to meet the country health targets.
- Contribute to advocacy efforts to ensure RMNCAH, Gender Based Violence, blood donation and drugs and substance abuse rehabilitation center priorities are clearly articulated in national and county plans for increased resource allocation for sustainability
- Contribute to advocacy efforts to ensure that RMNCAH, Gender Based Violence, blood donation, drugs and substance abuse rehabilitation center priorities are included in the organization wide strategies and plans.
- Participate in the development of annual work plans, budgets and programme reviews and ensure follow up actions on evaluations/audits are implemented
- Guide and mentor staff under direct supervision to set clear targets aligned to the organizational strategy, support in performance appraisal and capacity development initiatives for staff in Health RMNCAH, Gender Based Violence, blood donation and drugs and substance abuse rehabilitation center to effectively play their role and enhance visibility for the organization, and adherence to code of conduct and codes of professional practice.
- Plan, monitor and evaluate the performance of programme staff against set targets and objectives, assess training needs and implementing development action plans aimed at building the capacity of individuals and multi-disciplinary teams
- Represent the Society at meetings, conferences and workshops and other forums to promote the activities of KRCS and articulate issues related to humanitarian relief
- Prepare inception reports, concept papers, periodic progress reports and annual reports showing achievements against planned targets as well as providing justification for performance variances and areas of improvement
- Monitor usage of Health (RMNCAH), Gender Based Violence, blood donation and drugs and substance abuse rehabilitation center supplies and assets in accordance with donor regulations;
- Ensure budget spending according to approved budgets, review and analyze budgets versus actual expenditures and take remedial measures;
- In coordination with the Head of Health Nutrition and Social services, determine RMNCAH, Gender Based Violence and blood donation program staffing needs and ensure such positions are filled in timely manner;
- Ensure the implementation of the staff health policy in collaboration with the HR department
- Degree or Masters in MBChB /Clinical Medicine with higher Diploma in Reproductive Health
- Master’s in Public Health/Epidemiology
- Post graduate in Gender and Development will be desirable
- Relevant post-graduate qualification in community health, or equivalent qualifications with certificate in project management will be an added advantage
- Over seven (7) years’ experience in planning, implementing and evaluating health programmes particularly RMNCAH and Gender Based Violence and overall technical support to health facilities.
- Additional experience in grants management particularly USAID, EU funded grants
- Must be registered with medical practitioners and dentist council and or Kenya Clinical Officers’ Association (KCOA)
- Knowledge of public health, humanitarian relief issues, trends and goals aimed at preventing and alleviating human suffering
- Strong leadership, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver the Society’s strategic objectives
- Strong communication and presentation skills in both English and Kiswahili, including ability to develop reports and prepare relevant publications
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including the ability to build collaborative relationships with sensitivity to cultural, ethnic and political issues
- Demonstrated ability to influence and resolve differences and conflicts
- Demonstrated technical expertise in strategic management, project planning and budgeting as well as programme monitoring and evaluation
- Demonstrated competence in resource mobilization including implementation of effective fundraising strategies to increase resource through grant proposals
- Ability to develop and implement accountability and performance management systems, giving candid performance feedback as well as providing support for professional development efforts linked to strategic objectives
- Ability to maintain high standards of personal integrity; establishing productive relationships; treating individuals with fairness and respect
- Ability to empower programme staff through coaching and mentorship by emphasizing accountability and results oriented management
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, data-base, email and utilization of the internet
Deadline: 7th June 2023