Banking jobs, Credit Risk Management jobs, Accountancy jobs, Credit Analysis jobs, Business related jobs, Economics jobs, Computer Science jobs,
Head of Corporate & Credit Approvals
Job Purpose Statement
To support the Group Director, Credit Risk Management in developing and implementing a prudent credit risk framework in support of the bank’s objectives of building a balanced credit risk portfolio within the Corporate Banking segments. The role in Credit Risk entails working closely with other business and support partners to analyse and develop strategies for credit originations in various channels, to achieve profitable growth while maintaining credit risk within acceptable levels. Responsible for the Management and Governance of Credit Corporate & Portfolio from inception – ie. throughout the complete credit life cycle.
- Creating, implementing and administering the Bank’s Credit Risk strategies, policies, product guidelines, procedures, and credit approvals within management discretion limit.
- Ensure loan book quality is maintained at the prescribed level of provisions, portfolio at risk and non-performing loans.
- Evaluate & understand risk associated with individual transactions, products, securities, and the borrowers as well as the economies & industries they operate within. This includes review and understanding complex transactions as well as analyze credit applications to assess whether the credit risk is in line with the Bank’s Credit Risk Appetite, specific policies, segment / product Risk Acceptance criteria, relative to the profitability of the transaction.
- Conduct assessment and understanding of the Risk Reward for each deal reviewed as well as deliver well thought out decisions, showing sound judgement whilst adhering to the limits within the required Delegated Authority granted.
- Facilitate Post credit approval monitoring and credit risk control which includes but is not limited to covenant monitoring, crafting of credit strategy for accounts on Close Monitoring or Watch-list, collateral compliance tracking, excess and arrears management.
- Responsible for providing leadership successful goal attainment within the credit and risk mitigation areas across all product lines and dependent departments to ensure safety & soundness, while optimizing the profitability and sustainable growth of the organization.
- Identifying training needs within the business stakeholders, formulating training material and assisting in conducting regular training within the bank for credit risk matters relating.
- Identify and drive change within Credit risk unit, and the respective Business segments by initiating and owning change projects plus represent the Unit when required at various fora including Credit Portfolio review, Early Alert Committees, Internal Audit reviews.
Ideal Job Specifications
- Relevant undergraduate degree – preferable financial oriented.
- Appropriate Masters Level or Post Graduate Qualification – preferable financial oriented.
- Relevant professional qualification in Banking, Accountancy, Credit Analysis (Certified Financial Analyst) and Credit / Risk Management.
Desired Work Experience:
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in Credit Risk Management, Corporate Lending, or other relevant areas of practice preferably in the Banking sector out of which 10 years should be at Management level.
- Experience on regional lending and appraisal of Country Risks as well as SyndicatedLending; both in-country and regional.
- Exposure and use cases to Credit, Trade Finance, Market and Operational plus Compliance Risk dimensions, Basel, IFRS 9, ICAAP, implementations.
- Econometric experience (eg. competence in understanding key macro and micro drivers of credit risk in specific industries, customer behaviour, and lending strategy)
- The ability to conduct complex risk analyses and provide Senior Management with business insights of credit quality and behaviour trends, and portfolio performance.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) and the ability to articulate complex issues at an intuitive level to a non-credit / risk audience.
- Ability to think creatively – to challenge the norm and drive through solutioning business segments and clients’ deals in the face of adversity and challenge.
Fixed Income Trader
Job Purpose Statement
- The role of the fixed income trader includes buying and selling fixed income securities for retail client and institutional investors.
- He/she is responsible for managing the daily trade volumes to ensure timely and appropriate execution of the orders in compliance with the regulatory policies.
Academic & Professional
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science or any other acceptable degree from a recognized University.
- Certification by NSE for ATS, Avvento and Derivatives
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
Desired work experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of fixed income trading or customer facing role.
- General knowledge of the Financial Markets.