Become a Certified Project Management Specialist
Latest Recruitment at Telkom Kenya
IT Specialist – BI and Mediation
Reporting to: Manager – IT Billing Support
Department: Technology Division
(NOTE: Would you like to know the BIGGEST CV mistake you can make? Find out plus the Top 8 Ways To Make Your CV Stand Out.)
Who We Are
Telkom connects the people that keep Kenya on the move. It does this by providing integrated telecommunications solutions to individuals, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), Government and large corporates in Kenya, drawing from a diverse solutions suite that includes voice, data, mobile money as well as network services. Powered by its vast fibre optic infrastructure, it is also a major provider of wholesale, carrier-to-carrier traffic within the country and the region.
- Monitor BI and Mediation applications ensuring that all downstream applications receive inputs.
- Perform data catch-up and other corrective actions in the event of faults.
- Perform data quality and consistency checks on data in the BI and Mediation applications.
- Generate and circulate daily, weekly and monthly application QOS reports
- System administration of BI and Mediation system by ensuring system and user configurations are set up correctly.
- Handling business requests which involves carrying out feasibility study and implementation on BI & Mediation systems
- Perform troubleshooting, first/second level support and resolution of issues with respective system vendors
- Document BI and Mediation processes/systems and ensure they are up to date
- Project involvement in procuring and implementation of BI and Mediation systems / upgrades
- Redundancy and back up management – ensuring redundancy for BI and Mediation are backed and that backup system is available and working.
- Carry out system maintenance together with system administrators and database administrators to ensure Mediation and BI systems are functioning optimally e.g. disk space check/expansion, memory & CPU checks
- Generate on-demand reports for the business users & Training of users
Requirements for the job
- A degree in Computer Science or Information Technology(2nd Class Upper)
- At least 3 years’ experience in B.I. and Mediation
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2019 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details here)
- Proficient in Unix & Microsoft OS, Unix Scripting, programming and SQL
- Industry work experience
- Demonstrable ability to work with confidential information
- Commercial orientation and business acumen
- Drive and Initiative
- Customer focus
- Ability to work well as a part of a team
- Problem solving
- Ability to work long hours to meet deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills, innovative and creative
- Ability to work without supervision
How to Apply
Application should be sent by 7th September 2018, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees. Apply through firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure the job title is quoted on the subject field. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Senior Projects Manager
Reporting to: Head of Enterprise Operations
We are seeking an individual who is dynamic by nature and passionate with a track record of delivering results to join our Enterprise Team. This role responsible for overseeing the conceptualization, planning, development and implementation of assigned Enterprise client’s projects. In addition he/she will be the project management champion in the projects team, providing coaching and mentorship to the team as a senior projects expert.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the assigned team follows the defined project management standards in the planning and execution of the projects management processes (cost, schedule, quality, communication, stakeholder, risk, closure)
- Follow up on the delivered products and solutions on an agreed regular basis with the customer to keep informed about the life cycle of the implemented customer solution.
- Carry out project planning for assigned projects with a clearly documented plan involving all relevant stakeholders.
- Manage the relationships with the customers during the implementations phase, until hand-over phase.
- Validate and oversee the realization of the consolidated project cost optimization plans from the assigned project managers.
- Identify project risks and/or issues and implement necessary action plans to manage them so as to avoid potential delays and scope creep.
- Manage the project budget, monitoring the expenditures and costs against delivered and realised milestones as the project progresses
Academic/ Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/ Engineering/Telecommunications
5 years’ experience in project management
- Strong Leadership, Internal & External Stakeholder Management Skills
- Track record in developing self and others
- Personal effectiveness and credibility
- Process discipline and quality orientation
- Efficient and results oriented
- Strong organization, presentation and communication skills
This position is opened to Kenyan citizens only. If you fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position.
Application should be sent by 13th September 2018, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees. Apply through email@example.com and ensure the job title is quoted on the subject field. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.