Trainer Jobs, Psychology Jobs, NGO Jobs,
Economic Recovery Assistant – Digital Trainer
Overall purpose of the role:
- The Economic recovery assistant – Digital trainer will support the Digital Learning program by providing high-quality face-to-face mentorship access to on-demand digital skills across the three refugee camps, provide online work linkages to online freelancers, work closely with the partner trainers and mentors in training and assessing participants before onboarding to work platforms. Train ICT skills in Microsoft productivity software and ICDL, online collaboration tools, and user support in opening and operating on-line job accounts for clients. She/he will provide financial literacy and life skills trainings to the trainees
Roles and Responsibilities:
Project Management and Development:
- Participate in mobilization and enrolment of digital learners.
- Work closely with the partner trainers and mentors in training and assessing participants before onboarding to work platforms.
- Participate together with the digital team to prepare training manuals.
- Establish and Maintain the digital training database.
- Keep inventory of all the ICT equipment’s under your supervision
- Support needs assessment and propose new ideas to improve the digital learning and on-line jobs for youth.
- Support high-quality face-to-face mentorship access to on-demand digital skills across the three refugee camps.
- Provide online work linkages to trained freelancers.
- Support the freelancers in bidding for online work and offer assistance when required.
- Support acculturation, priority setting, networking, career planning, and counseling related to the individual’s (mentee’s) identified goals toward advancement in their freelancing career.
- Support freelancers in client engagement and contract management strategies
- Watch out for trends on the online platforms and advise the program team on ways to align implementation
- Support knowledge sharing, with other experienced freelancers in the local and international market, both offline and online.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Record learner’s attendance details.
- Keep a database of those trainees already working online and track their progress for success stories sharing.
- Record earnings by on line job clients and report to your supervisor
- Submit weekly/monthly project updates to the digital learning officer
Planning and Budgeting
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly plans and share with your supervisor with the aim of implementing them
- Training Digital Learning Skills
- Plan and implement active learning for the students in relation to the stipulated syllabus.
- Training the trainees on freelancing ethics including privacy and confidentiality safeguards between freelancers and clients.
- Formulate a suitable scheme of work, lesson plans, and record of units covered for various kinds of innovative Digital Skills training undertaking.
- Continuously evaluate students, maintain performance, and provide feedback to learners during their learning period
- Participate in mobilization and enrolment learners.
- Provide IT Support in the IT lab center assigned to you.
- Working with stakeholders in delivering various Digital Skills to the learners
- Provide counselling and social development mentorship to learners.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Experience and technical competencies
- At least a Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, BBIT, Community Development, or any other related field.
- Three-year previous experience in teaching youth in a school/college / Vocational training institution setting
- Excellent skills in written and spoken English
- Experience in working with underprivileged youth.
- A good team player with high degree of initiative, flexibility and tolerance.
- A minimum of 5 proven years of freelancing and the digital economy.
- Experience working online and bidding for online jobs
- Experience in digital creation, innovation, and problem-solving
- Goal-oriented with the ability to work under pressure, independently, and with limited supervision.
- Strong cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Ability to tolerate diverse cultural, educational and religious diversity in the workplace
Protection Assistant – Psychosocial (Behavior Modification)
Overall purpose of the role:
- The purpose of this post is to provide day to day case management and psychosocial support and related activities in Kalobeyei Settlement and Kakuma Camp. In particular, the person is responsible for addressing mental health needs of GBV survivors and women at risk especially those with alcohol abuse problems and other Persons of Concern. In collaboration with the Psychosocial Officer, S/he will be in charge of the running of the Behavior Modification – Alcohol Abuse Recovery Program alongside providing case management and psychosocial support to GBV survivors. S/he will provide training and supervision of the Para-Counselors, to follow up on the progress of the participants in the camp and ensure effective case management. S/he will work and liaise closely with the Protection Team Leader, GBV Psychosocial Assistants on documentation of program activities as per the donor requirements..
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide comprehensive psychosocial counseling to GBV survivors and women at risk focused on the survivor centered case management approach.
- Provide assessment and counseling (with a focus on addiction counseling) both at individual and group level as the situation demands.
- Ensure all work with clients is confidential and that ethical practices are observed.
- Document client data accurately in the intake forms and ensure they are under lock and key.
- Ensure that the progress notes and GBVIMS are accurately updated on a regular basis.
- Participate in the interpretation of the analyzed data on trends and work with Protection Team Leader to disseminate information to all relevant stakeholders.
- Participate in the development of the case management monitoring tools and systems and ensure that all staff that are required to utilize it are trained on the correct way of handling the systems.
- Participate in the preparation of accurate reports for all psycho-social related activities.
Coordination and Networking
- Maintain and strengthen existing networks through other service providers at the camp level, to ensure that survivors receive quality services and support both at the agency levels.
- Actively participate in scheduled meetings such as the Case Conferences and GBV inter-agency meetings.
- Identify new networks to work with to ensure wholesome support to the clients.
- Work in close collaboration with the Protection Team Leader and GBV Psychosocial assistants to ensure ongoing needs of at-risk groups, women and girls are being met in the prevention related activities.
- Strengthen existing referral systems and networks of psychosocial service providers.
- In collaboration with other partners, design psychosocial interventions within the refugee community focusing on the psychosocial needs of adults, youth and children.
- Assist in development of referral networks between partners implementing GBV and implementation of referral pathways.
- Participate in conducting trainings for partners on relevant organizational development areas and support peer learning between DRC and other partner agencies.
Community Engagement and Outreach
- Conduct sensitization, dialogue and mediation sessions with the wider population about issues of trauma and GBV.
- Facilitate formation of support groups for survivors of GBV and other vulnerable groups.
- Identify and strengthen Community structures through engaging community leaders, camp management and other stakeholders to ensure that the survivors receive adequate support at the community level.
- Support the Protection Team Leader and GBV Psychosocial assistants, in dissemination of relevant information during the Community GBV prevention forums and meetings.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Assist in preparing daily, monthly, quarterly and annual reports, progress notes, and treatment plans on time.
- Use appropriate data collection tools and submit assessments and reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Work closely with the refugee staff to ensure quality reporting.
- Assist in the designing, planning, implementing and facilitating of external trainings for numerous target groups.
- Ensure Core Humanitarian Standards are mainstreamed in the day to day project implementation.
- Attend relevant training forums relevant to the job.
- Assist with any other related activities as deemed necessary by the supervisor.
Staff Management and Development
- Provide supervision to the Para counselors and ensure effective provision of Psycho-social services.
- Conduct continuous performance/evaluation for the Para counselors working under her/him.
- Engage in quality self-care through supervision, debriefings, and other shared sessions.
- Conduct regular formal and on-job training and mentorship to Para-Counsellors on areas related to Case Management,
Counseling and other related topics to enhance professionalism.
- Conduct regular case conference meetings with the Para-counsellors both at individual and group levels.
- Organize for external capacity building forums on GBV Case Management and Therapeutic Counseling techniques.
Experience and technical competencies
- 2 years’ experience in providing psychosocial counseling including addiction counseling.
- Good team player; able to take direction and work collaboratively with others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including empathic listening.
- Ability to communicate in a highly professional manner with clients, community members and professional partners.
- Able to complete required reporting and documentation within the set deadlines.
- Highly motivated, creative, and compassionate person who is dedicated to ensuring that models of best practice are utilized.
- Able to uphold high ethical and professional standards.
- Able to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality.
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work in a challenging environment.
- Ability to promote the values of equality, non-discrimination, and human rights for all.
- Experience working in a refugee context is highly desirable