Driving Jobs, Project Mmangememt Jobs, Engineering Jobs, Career Opportunities,
Heavy Commercial Drivers
The successful candidates will be assigned driving duties in any of our business divisions within our countrywide branch network.
- The ideal candidates shall have demonstrated commercial vehicles driving experience in addition to the following requirements.
- A minimum of KCSE or equivalent education level with a D+ Within the age bracket of 25 to 45 years
- A valid driving license: Class BCE & Class A & Special Class Endorsement is an added advantage
- Evidence of continuous driving experience for at least 5 years heavy commercial vehicles, 2 of which should be in driving a seven tonne truck or above.
- Physically fit with good eye sight as this will be certified by a licensed medical examiner.
- Should not have a Criminal Record.
- Experience in long haul driving, defensive driving certification and ability to cope with extended hours of driving will be an added advantage
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications may present themselves for recruitment at the recruitment venue: G4S Training Academy, Old North Airport Road, Opposite Air Gate Centre (formerly Taj Mall) on Friday 28th July 2023 at 0900 hrs.
All candidates must carry their original National ID Card, Original Valid driving License ,Work References (Certificate of Service & Recommendation letters) and Original KCSE Certificate
- Respond immediately and safely to all emergency calls and requests for assistance
- Deal with emergencies as directed and work effectively and efficiently as a member of a disciplined team
- Minimize distress and suffering, including giving first aid care
- Establish and maintain the confidence of members of the public
- Give general fire safety advice and guidance to people when requested
- Work to help educate members of the community in the risks and hazards of fire
- Assist in Service initiatives, programmes and strategies to reduce fire calls
- Recognise health and safety issues at work and deal with them to minimize or eliminate the degree of hazard or risk
- Maintain a level of physical and medical fitness necessary to carry out the duties of a firefighter
- Maintain all firefighting and emergency equipment in a state of readiness, including cleaning, repairing and testing as required to approved standards and procedures
- Know the local streets, roads and buildings situated within the fire station response area
- Complete basic paperwork and routine administration, including recording of information
- Take part in a continuous training programme by attending lectures, exercises, practice drill sessions and other forms of training to maintain competence levels
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the level of responsibility and expertise as may be required by the Chief Fire Officer
- Ensure personal safety and the safety of others at all times
- Knowledge and Qualifications
- Relevant tertiary education
- Formal training in Fire science
- Working knowledge of firefighting equipment and apparatus
- Knowledge of first aid/CPR methods
- 2 – 3 years in firefighting
- Proven experience as firefighter
- Willingness to follow legal rules and guidelines and firefighting standards at all times
- Great physical strength and stamina partnered with the ability to dress and move quickly
- Patient and cool tempered with the ability to function in a team
- Dedicated and compassionate
- Financial Acumen
- Conflict Management
- Microsoft Word – Intermediate level
- Microsoft Excel – Intermediate level (Advance level are advantageous)
- Microsoft PowerPoint – Basic level
- Google suite of products
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications may send their applications to email@example.com by 28th July 2023
- Participate in the procurement process.
- Coordinate in vetting process of staff in both head office and Courier offices,
- Monitor the day to day cleaning process within head office,
- Oversee day to day attendance of the stewards to make sure there is no under staffing.
- Oversee landscaping, internal and external flowers and plants are well maintained.
- Report any incident to the service provider on matters related to negative behavior of either the supervisor or the subordinates,
- Coordinate with the service provider’s supervisor on matters that may need the assistance of the cleaners.
- Coordinate storage and collection of material waste for head office, courier and Nairobi cash centre.
- Oversee unblocking of toilets and sewer lines in both head office and at the Nairobi Cash Centre.
- Participate in the procuring process.
- Conduct induction to new staff.
- Coordinate in vetting process of the new team,
- Monitor and supervise the entire process of tea distribution within head office to make sure the required standards are met, both quality and quantity,
- Coordinate on any catering services required for meetings.
- Ensure safety within the food processing area by making frequent checks on cleanliness and proper functioning of all electrical appliances.
- Daily reconciliation of the amount of tea supplied to head office and cash centre -(Mombasa road CIT crew).
- Monthly reconciliation of all company paid costs: ( breakfast tea and lunches).
Procuring and distribution of procured items.
- Procuring of both water bottles and water dispensers for all the regions as per branch request,
- Weekly procuring of bottled drinking water for head office.
- Daily distribution of drinking water to all water points within head office,Karuri & Limuru branches.
- Coordinate distribution of water for Western and Coast region.
- Coordinate on water servicing, cleaning and maintenance,
- Procuring and replacing new dispensers, water taps,
- Procuring drinking water for the Cash Centre and Courier offices..
- Control usage of fresh water by making sure we adequately use bore hole water which is cost effective.
- Procuring of tissue paper and distribution of the same to Courier, Training School and Cash Centre Mombasa road.
- Procure health and safety materials and distribution to branches.
- Procuring and distribution of furniture.
- Procuring any item as requested by the department: for Admin, Hr and Finance departments.
- Raising of stores requisitions for Admin, Sales and finance departments.
- Daily check on the premises to make sure the premises are safe and secure,
- Identify any risk and take necessary measures to prevent accidents,
- Identify all the repairs required and give advice to management,
- Get quotes and seek approval of repairs where applicable,
- Negotiate prices where applicable,
- Raise Pos’ as per approved quotes,
- Collect material sample where applicable,
- Liaise with contractors and supervise repair process in head office, Cash Centre and training school ,
- Do basic repairs.(furniture, wash rooms, walls, floors, taps, Air conditioners, equipment,lights etc)
- Assist and coordinate in office rearrangement.
- Assist and coordinate staff parking slots within hq.
- Coordinate on repairs of air conditioners within head office,courier server room, training school and UPS airport office.
- Plan and coordinate on office fumigation and pest control at Cash centre, head office and Courier office and other branches.
- Make bookings for fleet that require fumigation,
- Coordinate on exchange of sanitation bins within head office Utility bills payments
- Make a follow on un-delivered water and electricity bills.
- Seek authorization for the invoices,
- Follow up on the payments with accounts dept. and where a cheque is issued, deliver the same for payment.
- Get invoices from the county government for both trading license, land rates.
- Get invoices for land rent and facilitate payment and reconciliation of accounts.
Supplier and Contractors payments.
- Check if billing of invoices is done correctly to avoid over or under billing.
- Reconcile invoices where applicable and solve any differences in quantity & cost with the supplier or contractor.
- Make sure payments are done timely by making sure all invoices are timely authorized.
- Prepare allowances for union sable staff within Admin and transport departments.
- Prepare leave schedule,
- Plan on relieving of staff who are on leave rooster,
- Advice senior management on new products in the market that can improve performance standards.
- Numbering of tender documents
- Spiral binding for boardroom and other report documents
- Distributions of marketing items including banners, brochures, t-shirts and any other material.
- Coordination of off loading bulk stock within the head office.
- And any other request from management where applicable.
- Knowledge and Qualifications
- Diploma in a related field
- Two years experience in Facilities Management
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications may send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st July 2023