NGO jobs, Finance jobs, Accounting jobs, Management jobs, Administration jobs, Human Resources jobs,
- Coordinating and supervising the implementation of the Finance procedures tools and ensuring the correct use of Financial Resources at project level according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to provide quality, reliable and transparent information to the organization on the use and allocation of resources in the project.
- Implementing circuits and workflows (management of cash boxes, transfers, advances, purchase procedures, payment validations, follow up of regular payments, bank reconciliations) in order to anticipate expenses at project level and to optimize cash needs and its security.
- Implementing and supervising transactional procedures and systems in order to ensure transparent accounting practices and full traceability (invoices, receipts, bank statements, etc.), according to MSF guidelines and rules, and using the respective software in place.
- Ensuring the timely execution and control of the monthly and yearly accountancy closure, with due quality.
- In close collaboration with the FinHR Manager and the Finance Coordinator, defining, analysing and following-up the project budget, in order to ensure that funds are used according to funding contracts and proposing corrective action if needed.
- Ensuring financial reporting of SKID (Field financial software) monthly closure
- In close collaboration with the FinHR Manager, following up all service contracts in project site (premise and vehicle rental contracts, deposits, rent payments, etc.) Ensuring that MSF staff who have financial responsibilities are aware of and comply with local finance procedures, including those related to security.
- Directly in relation with the grounds. Responsible for the quality of the accounting (daily / monthly basis), ensures a good system of internal control, Review of accountancy (ensure all entries are well captured), VAT follow up with RPO and suppliers, audit requirements. Responsible for SKID VAT day to day management.
- Ensure the quality and timely accounting for SKID e.g. cash procedures, bank accounts, receipts and supporting documents, electronic data entry, monthly closing process and documents, ensuring strict respect of deadlines and strict compliance to MSF guidelines, financial standards and procedures. Manages VAT refunds and maintains a monthly follow-up
- Coordinating and supervising the conduct of local audits relating to accounting, tax, labor, stock and asset management with support from FinHR Manager
- Implement cash management procedures in order to ensure the highest control and security, and ensure cash availability
- Coordinate and overseeing the payment of tax liabilities in order to comply with legal obligations, Follow and share noncompliance suppliers or incomplete requirements for VAT exception application, preparing the timely payment of taxes
- Replace/manage Finance department staff in case of absence and supervise Accountant’s activities with regards to the bank
- Process the payment to suppliers and keep strict on all documentation involved, informing the FinHR Manager of any sort of disparities for both KES and USD, perform bank payments and performs reconciliations of the bank
- Ensures that the receipts given to the payment are legitimate with regard to the guidelines (validation table, …)
- Ensures compliance with cash control procedures
- Assists the finhr assistant in her treasury functions (especially the monitoring of advances)
- Is the technical reference for any accounting-related issue including compliance with SKID financial standards and procedures, legal compliance, training and support on the SKID accounting software / system, Check corrections have been correctly done. Check that the monthly pay is correctly imported and encoded from HOMERE in UF
- With FinHR Manager, ensures the re-invoicing of other sections via STV both HQ and Local
- Oversees the quality, accuracy, consistency of SKID accounts
- Check and match accounts reconcilable. Make a summary of unmatched entries with comments, submit to FinHR Manager
- Ensures the good archiving in SKID
- Responsible for preparation of SKID purchases VAT exemption requirements with RPO.
- Liaise with RPO in VAT Compliance Management. Send 3 copies of MSF section certified Proforma and or Invoice, ETR/ ESD, TCC, add Service contract / lease for security and rental invoices and Phone contact list for telephone service invoices
- Follow the VAT tracking tool, in close collaboration with supply department follow with suppliers for VAT refunds, Follow-up of VAT refund for each client OC and report to FinHR manager
- Hard post Bank and Cheque Register entries after review and green light from FinHR Manager
- Review weekly / mid-month accounting
- Is the direct interlocutor of the accountant for questions of quality of accounting with support of FinHR Manager
- Monitors compliance of calculation, timely payment and filing of all documents related to taxes, charges and taxes, in collaboration with Admin / HR coordination
- Contract management (Finance Focal Point for other departments, template tracking, archiving etc …)
- Any other duty delegated by line manager from time to time.
- Desirable, degree in finance, management (business) or administration.
- Essential, working experience of at least two years in relevant and similar jobs
- Desirable working experience with MSF or other NGOs, in developing countries
- Experience in FINANCE UNIFIFELD ERP system is desirable.
- English & Kiswahili
- Computer literacy (Excel, Outlook, …)
- People Management and Development L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L3
- Results and Quality Orientation L3
- Teamwork and Cooperation L3
Project Finance/HR Manager
Objective of the Position:
- Planning, coordination and implementing Financial, HR and Administrative activities, policies & guidelines in the project, according to legal obligations and MSF protocol, standards and procedures.
Tasks & Responsibilities
She/he will perform the following main tasks:
- In close coordination with Project Coordinator, Finance & HR Coordinators, calculate, analyse and monitor the project’s HR and Financial operational needs and associated budget to ensure proper funding and operation. Proposing corrective actions when required.
- Planning, supervising and ensuring implementation of the HR processes and procedures to ensure adherence of recruitment, training, induction, development and communication.
- Advising on set-up and updating the project’s organizational chart and job descriptions and assisting the PC, and/or team leaders and supervisors to draw up annual holiday planning and staff shifts in order to forecast HR needs and to ensure HR availability for the project activities
- Ensuring hiring, amendments and contract termination formalities for employees at project level are according to local labour laws. Archiving and updating individual employee files, informing them on their rights and preparing all mandatory tax declarations, in order to ensure legal compliance. In close collaboration with the PC and HRCo, looking for the best options to avoid and/or solve possible labour conflicts in the project
- Supervising/performing payroll procedures, ensuring that all data related to monthly salary calculation of the project national employees are correctly entered in Homere (days off, unpaid leaves, sick leaves, overtime, salary advance, etc.), in order to ensure on time and accurate salary payments. Under supervision of the HRCo, ensuring the indexation process of the national staff salary grids are in order to ensure internal equity, cost-of-living adjustments and the correct application of employment conditions in the project sites
- In close collaboration with the PC and HRCo, implementing the administrative procedures of any Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in force between local partners (e.g. Ministry of Health, etc.) and MSF.
- Implementing and supervising, transactional procedures and systems in order to ensure transparency and traceability in accounting practices and procedures. Ensuring and controlling monthly/yearly accountancy closure.
- Ensure all HR, Administrative and Financial reporting is done according to protocols and procedures.
- Perform monthly payroll procedures, ensure and supervise annual leave planning, contract formalities according to local labour laws and ensure legal compliance in employee related matters.
- Support line managers in improving employee capability and development to forecast HR needs and support in disciplinary measures.
- People Management within the HR department
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Education: Degree in Finance, Management (Business, HR) or Administration. Proven knowledge of accounting/ finance, knowledge of Homere HR and/ or Unifield accounting systems is an added advantage.
- Experience: Essential, working experience of at least two years in a similar position.
- Skills/ Competences: Flexible; diplomatic; culturally sensitive; result oriented; attentive to details; organized; strategic, team player.
- Language: Proficiency in written and oral English & Kiswahili.
Applicants MUST be Kenyan nationals and have the necessary statutory documents (ID, NSSF, NHIF and KRA PIN certificate). Candidates meeting the above qualifications are requested to ONLY submit a motivation letter and an updated curriculum vitae as a single file (in pdf-format), mentioning on the subject email line “Project Finance/HR Manager”, to:
The HR Coordinator
Medecins Sans Frontieres Belgium (Kenya)