HR Jobs, Project Management Jobs,
Human Resources Officer
WHAT WE CAN ACHIEVE TOGETHER
- The Human Resource Officer is responsible for administering and maintaining HR systems, programs, procedures and plans according to HR policies and will provide support to all levels of personnel on various HR-related issues. The Human Resources Administrator will provide human resources support services in the following functions: employee relations, compensation, talent management, benefits, payroll, staff development and training, organizational development and recruiting. They will be responsible for administering and maintaining HR systems, programs, procedures and plans according to HR policies and will aid all levels of personnel on various HR-related issues. The position will partner with Human Resource supervisors and HR team to provide administrative HR support to ensure prompt delivery of HR services and adhere to best practices. This position will report to Human Resource Manager Africa Region and may be based in any of the following countries that TNC is registered, Zambia, Kenya or Angola, South Africa or Tanzania or Gabon.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR YOU
The HR Officer will serve as the support to the Africa HR Operations to enhance operations efficiency to achieve the desired strategy for Africa Business Unit.
- Provide day-to-day HR Administrative support in the areas of general staff queries, drafting travel request letters, new staff notification communications, milestone celebrations and new hires announcements.
- Support in day-to-day communications with the Africa BU staff on queries related to benefits administration and act as a liaison person with HR Services vendors.
- Ensure accurate staff data entry in the ERP and provide monthly reports.
- Keep abreast with the statutory requirements and submit mandatory government employee data requirements.
- Provide accurate and timely collation of staff data as appropriate for payroll processing.
- Manage appropriately all staff leave schedules collaboratively with the program supervisors.
- Effectively carry out timely off boarding processes with exiting staff and ensure all steps are followed through.
- Collaboratively administer all data and update learning systems regularly and in a timely manner.
- Support the BU HR Operations with any other administrative duties assigned.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management and 3 years HR related work experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience responding to HR related questions and problems from employees/management.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: database management and spreadsheet software; constructing and producing reports; data input, manipulation, and analysis.
- Experience working with MS Office software, HR information systems and analytics tools.
- Experience maintaining files, processing paperwork, data entry or related.
- Experience in matrix organizations and supporting multiple programs.
- Experience responding to employee or customer inquiries.
- Experience working with MS Office software and database software.
- Over 5 years HR related preferably in an INGO sector supporting multiple countries in the Africa Region
- Fluency in either French or Portuguese is desirable and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.
- Experience supporting HR processes including payroll processing, Onboarding, learning and development, HRIS and HR Metrics and data analytics
- Solid knowledge of word processing, database management, and spreadsheet software, with ability to construct and produce reports, data input, manipulation, and analysis.
- Broad understanding of fundamental HR concepts, processes, and services.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- High level of confidentiality.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Time management skills.
- HRMS / ERP and Power BI usage experience.
- Active member of a registered professional HR body.
- Fluency in English and additional language where TNC operates, Portuguese / French language.
- May require fluency in foreign language(s) to support global operations.
Program Coordinator- Africa Climate and Forest Protection Strategy
WHAT WE CAN ACHIEVE TOGETHER
- The Africa Climate and Forest Protection Strategy Coordinator provides administrative, research, project management and other general assistance to program staff working toward achieving protection, conservation, or stewardship goals. The coordinator may manage conservation data, participate in conservation planning, develop project packages, and maintain project records.
- Reporting to the Africa Forest Carbon Catalyst (AFCC) Manager, the Africa Climate and Forest Protection Strategy Coordinator supports the overall strategy coordination and other programs such as the AFCC and Congo Basin. They provide administrative, research, project management and other general assistance to program staff working toward the achievement of protection, conservation, and stewardship goals. The Africa Climate and Forest Protection Strategy Coordinator will manage conservation data, participate in conservation planning, develop project packages, and maintain project records. The position will be based anywhere TNC has an office in Africa, Gabon, Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Angola, South Africa.. No employment visas or relocation assistance is being offered with this position except for the local labor employment requirements.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR YOU
The Africa Climate and Forest Protection Strategy Coordinator provides planning and organizing support to the Climate Strategy program team, facilitating the harmonization of different work streams, and managing administrative aspects. They will be responsible for the following:
- Coordinate and track multiple project plans and workstreams across teams, track status via a project management software.
- Development of documents, presentations, and other materials, and coordination of events and consultancies with external partners,
- Oversee document management systems that all Africa Climate strategy team members can access.
- Circulating and following up on the review of technical reports by the program team and technical leads.
- Facilitate collection of numerical data and disseminate among teams for analysis and synthesis.
- Coordination of internal meetings and tracking of agreed actions and tasks.
- Attend Management Team Meetings and Steering Committee Meetings, draft minutes, and action points, and follow up the implementation of these over time.
- Financial administration and budget tracking, including procurement procedures.
- Review partners contracts and expedite processing and payments for subgrants and sub partners.
- Plan and support trips of TNC staff and external partners.
- Support logistics of a range of stakeholder meetings and workshops as needed.
- Under minimal supervision, makes independent decisions based on analysis, experience, and context.
- Demonstrate sensitivity in handling confidential information.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years’ experience in natural resource management, Ecology, Agricultural Economics, Forestry, Environmental Science, Law or similar field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience managing staff or volunteers.
- Demonstrated experience in relationship building experience to work closely with a variety of partners and stakeholders.
- Experience coordinating multiple programs and projects in multiple locations.
- Experience coordinating and managing multiple priorities, with assignments sometimes coming from several sources and work independently.
- Experience completing tasks independently with respect to timeline(s).
- Experience using common software applications such as Word, Excel, web browsers, etc.
- Experience coordinating multiple projects.
- Experience handling standard business communications via written, spoken and graphical means in English and other relevant languages.
- Experience with report writing.
- Over 5 years’ experience in providing program support in an INGO working across multiple countries in Africa.
- Experience coordinating project information from several sources to populate databases, create reports and produce manual files.
- Ability and willingness to apply science to decision-making and guide activities.
- Knowledge of current trends and practices in environmental conservation, climate change and adaptation, land management and natural resource preservation.
- Extensive experience in program coordination and support to several projects across multiple locations and countries in Africa
- Experience working in conservation or climate related projects in the NGO is preferred.
- Experience supporting teams during resources acquisition, project implementation and monitoring and evaluation of projects and reporting.
- Qualifications and experience in project management is preferred.
- Multi-lingual and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.
- Strong administrative skills including attention to detail and numerical ability.
- experience with planning, administering, and recording results of work-team meetings and activities.