ICT Jobs, Latest Job Openings, New Job Openings,
Principal, Cyber Prevent Engineer
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy for PRINCIPAL, CYBER PREVENT ENGINEER within our Cyber Security department in Corporate Security Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
The Cyber Security Prevent Team is responsible for implementing cyber security architecture and policies. The team is in charge of the day-to-day running of the Cyber Security Infrastructure, managing support SLAs with both internal and external customers, and running of key cyber security programs.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Cyber Prevent and Defense, the successful candidate will lend support in day-to-day operation and maintenance of Cyber Security solutions and services to ensure 99.999% uptime. He /she will provide technical security expertise and 2nd level support to staff and teams to ensure the efficient use of systems and tools. He or she will be responsible for managing key cyber security programs across the organization.
- Act as an operational team lead in the configuration, management and upgrade of a wide variety of cyber security technologies e.g. Intrusion Prevention systems, Web Application firewalls, Anti-DDOS protection, Web & Email content filtering, Endpoint Security, PKI & certificate management, multi-factor authentication, privileged identity management etc…
- Liaise with other business leads and participate in project meetings and contribute to design reviews – from high level design/architecture to configuration of system level parameters to meet security goals.
- Serve as the primary point of contact & escalation point for Security Administration tasks and coordinate provisioning, installation and troubleshooting of incidents
- Lead efforts in documenting & reviewing the changes, operation and troubleshooting of Cyber Security platforms and procedures
- Ensuring that controls are well fine-tuned to protect the Safaricom brand.
- Maintain up to date cyber security technologies by installation of new signatures and patches and ensure these tools cover the right scope.
- Ensure agreed support SLAs are met with respective vendors and with internal customers.
- Ensure that all new threats are addressed when the need arises
- Ensure that the environment is well protected from intrusions/hacks
- Execution of incident management plan and forensics tasks including doing reports on root cause analysis and remediation plans
- Assisting in defining, maintaining, continual improvement and weekly reporting on the Cyber Security program
- Maintaining and continual improvement of Cyber Security Operations processes and procedures.
- Providing 2nd level support to staff and teams to ensure the efficient use of systems and tools.
- Troubleshooting and remediating issues impacting Cyber Security Operations
- Assisting with key Vodafone cyber security baseline programs across the organization i.e. patch & vulnerability management, compliance management, data leakage protection, malware protection, privileged identity management, multifactor authentication etc…
- Degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science/information Technology
- At least one professional Information Security Qualification: CISSP/CISM/CISA/Comptia Security+
- Proven competencies in Network Security: CCNA or CCNP (Security)
- Proven competencies in Microsoft, Linux or Unix Operating Systems administration
- Proven competencies experience in Information Security Technologies
- Minimum of 3 years in Cyber Security systems administration e.g. Intrusion Prevention Systems, Web Application Firewalls, Remote access, Content Filters, endpoint protection, vulnerability management solutions etc…
- Expert level analytical and problem-solving skills are required.
- Good report writing and communication skills
- Good at coordinating and leading teams.
- Analytical Thinking. Customer focused.
Lead – International Money Transfer
Reporting to the Tribe Lead Payments the role holder is responsible for the product strategy, execution and expansion of international money transfers. The incumbent will interact regularly with the regulator, various partners and Hubs serving different corridors to ensure sustained growth while managing the contractual obligations and pricing. The incumbent will also ensure additional and adequate ongoing strategic and tactical focus on the proper execution of the overall IMT strategy.
- Develop and manage the overall FS IMT strategy from strategic planning through tactical execution.
- Own the product roadmap of the organization platform thinking holistically across the entire value chain to further the organization’s position in the market.
- Guide the business in the growth of both outward and inward remittances.
- Exploit new business opportunities beyond wallet to wallet transactions.
- In charge of the overall IMT revenue.
- Develop an IMT business strategic partnership framework that defines the contractual engagement for onboarding new partners and Hubs.
- Identify key corridors and strategic partners for key marketing and pricing decision.
- Work closely with existing and new IMT partners to identifying opportunities that will ensure growth on revenue.
- Define marketing strategy and plans to grow business in key corridors.
- In liaison with the regulatory team drive deeper relationships with the regulator to ensure approval of new partners to new corridors.
- Analyze the impact of the grey route partners and devise strategy that will reduce impact on the overall business performance.
- Develop targeted IMT loyalty scheme aimed at retaining and recruiting new customers.
- Working closely with the AML and AML teams ensure proper due diligence and compliance monitoring on existing and new partners.
- Responsible for projecting expenditure –OPEX for research, development and day to day running of M-PESA.
- Responsible for expending OPEX within approved limits.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
Working With Others
- Consciously takes steps to make the most of every conversation/interaction.
- Identifies people’s needs, interests and motives to be able to influence the decisions they make .
- Communicates simply to excite and engage people .
- Pro-actively adapts own style and approach to build rapport, and work with others more effectively .
- Builds and maintains strong relationships and networks.
- Targets effort and resources on high-value, high impact activity.
- Focuses on achieving maximum performance and driving continuous improvement.
- Thinks about processes and problems cross-functionally and end-to-end.
- Uses knowledge of products, technology, process, systems and policy to solve problems.
Creativity and Innovation
- Self Starter.
- Finds creative ways to exploit opportunities and solve problems.
- Takes risks and pushes what is possible.
- Experiments with unorthodox approaches.
- Uses data and research to make decisions that are competitively and financially robust.
- Balances current and future needs.
- Thinks and acts like an owner of the business.
- Acts in line with legal, regulatory, professional and ethical standards.
Working With Change
- Responds flexibly to changing situations.
- Comfortable dealing C-Suite and Operations in the same breath.
- Manages the business and people aspects of change to drive performance.
Project and Programme Management
- Defines scope and deliverables in terms of time, cost, quality and business benefit.
- Schedules activity and identifies resource needs, dependencies and synergies.
- Evaluates progress, mitigates risks and addresses issues.
Products, Services and Technology Knowledge – Financial Services
- Explains and matches the functionality and benefits of our products and services to our customer’s needs.
- Fixes problems to maintain & enhance service.
- Applies knowledge of the financial and banking regulation to deliver products and services.
Business Development and Sales Planning
- Forecasts future sales, revenues and risks.
- Plans sales activities for stores, accounts or territories to maximise sales and grow revenues.
- Identifies and qualifies opportunities to develop new business.
- Wins and retains Customers by identifying their needs or business challenges, and matching them to Safaricom products and services.
- Identifies opportunities to win more business by up-selling and cross-selling.
- Responds positively and professionally to objections, and addresses the Customer’s needs to successfully close the sale.
- Uses a range of techniques and approaches to make agreements that add value for Safaricom and our Customers.
- Understands customers’ commercial drivers and leverages them in negotiations.
- Applies commercial acumen to maintain a healthy profit margin.
Competing to win
- Brings energy and passion to work and always aims to beat the competition.
- Knows what the competitors are offering, how our offer compares and uses market data to drive decisions.
- Degree from a recognized university preferably in Business, Research, Finance or Economics.
- A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience in telecommunications (or similar), private banking or Financial Services industry, demonstrated progression and at least 3 years’ experience in a Telecommunications in a similar position.
- Must have a good understanding of the payment/financial services market.
- Must have excellent financial and analytical skills.
- Must demonstrates an awareness of current events and trends.