Engineering, Technical, ICT, Computer,
Engineer – Access Transmission Planning
- We are pleased to announce the vacancy of an Engineer – Access Transmission Planning within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
- Reporting to the Principal Engineer-Transmission Planning Capacity and Optimization, the role holder will be responsible for modeling, planning, design, and optimization of reliable transmission systems /networks in support of fixed services (enterprise and consumer) and back haul requirements for mobile services.
- Delivery of timely and quality Transmission and IP Solutions on Fiber, Microwave, Vsat, IPRAN DWDM, GPON etc. Plans within the project schedule and with the correct constraints (capacity thresholds, reliability etc.)
- Compilation of topology maps, schematics, Google route, building entry points & floor plans in GIS formats.
- Optimal Transmission design and implementation plans that save on CAPEX and NOPEX requirements.
- Maintain accurate Transmission and IP routing plans meeting the service descriptions such as reliability and redundancy.
- Review of BOQs against the designs for Fiber, Microwave, IPRAN, GPON, and DWDM projects.
- Supplier Management, Analysis of Subcontractors quotations & contracts and Process management with SLA setting with Supplier, Subcontractors, and other 3rd parties.
- Monitoring capacity threshold per route in line with set KPIs (70%) booking on links, fiber cores and ducts.
- Ensure reliability of planned design to achieve accurate, timely and economical plans e.g., performance of link against link design specs once built.
- Ensuring accurate, up-to date database documentation on network planning, design, implementation in addition to capacity planning, Routings, RFIs and fiber core provisioning in TIBCO, Connect Master, Cell base, Map info, atoll, NQMS, OSP Insight etc.
- Schedule periodical audit function of on-ground data against database.
- Follow proper process with Regulators and Government Authorities and ensure accurate records are maintained for Spectrum usage with CA etc.
- Evaluate reliability and cost effectiveness of trials introduced in the network and their ability to keep up with emerging technologies.
- Degree in Electrical, Electronics, Telecommunication Engineering, or related field.
- IP Certification e.g., CCNA, CCNP or CCIE
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with 2 years in a specialized role in a busy telecommunications environment–Involved in Strategy Modeling, Planning, Design and Optimization of reliable transmission systems /networks.
- Knowledge in transport/data communication planning design and optimization tools.
- Excellent Analytical skills.
- Excellent Attention to details.
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent Trouble shooting and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent Project management and business cases development.
- Excellent documentation and reporting skills.
M-Pesa Africa – Cyber Security Prevent & Defence Specialist
- Reporting to the Manager- Cybersecurity Prevent & Defence , the Cyber Security Prevent & Defence Specialist will be responsible for:
- Being a SPOC in Cyber Security for one African Market and backup SPOC for another, assisting with remediation of vulnerabilities, patching and systems hardening;
- Maintenance and support of various cybersecurity systems including (but not limited to) Firewalls, WAF, Antivirus, Logging Solutions, Network and Host IDS/IPS
- Act as an operational team lead in the configuration, management and upgrade of a wide variety of other security products/appliances
- Troubleshoot and remediate Level 1/2/3 issues impacting Cybersecurity operations
- Facilitate implementation, management and optimization of Cyber Security policies, standards and procedures;
- Provide support for cyber incident detection and response;
- Drive standards of excellence to achieve the Cyber Security strategy
- Implement actions to close MPA risks, Audit & Reviews (Internal and External)
- Improvement of the Cyber security posture of the company through several initiatives, including but not limited to Cyber Security Baselines.
Skills and competencies you require for the role
- Good communication skills and team player;
- Experience in the use of security tools;
- Project management skills, and proven task execution (getting things done)
- Superior Report writing skills;
- Analytical Thinking.
Apply if you have:
- Minimum of 5 years Network Security experience with Intrusion Prevention Systems, Web Application
- Firewalls, VPN administration, Content Filters, Security Scanning tools
- Minimum of 1-year focused Security experience in Incident Management, Intrusion Analysis, Network troubleshooting or Reverse Engineering.
- Experience in design, delivery and support of Information Security solutions to customers will be and added advantage
What you can expect from us
- We believe in a fair and robust interview process
- We have a robust flexible total reward scheme
- Dedicated support and mentoring/coaching
- Opportunity to develop and progress – plus a solid dedication to work-life integration. It all means you’ll have everything you need to advance your career and achieve your full potential.
Specialist – Enterprise IoT Service
- We are pleased to announce the position of Specialist – Enterprise IoT Service in the Technology Enterprise Services within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
- Reporting to the Manager – Enterprise IoT Services, the role holder will be required to design, deliver and operate Internet of Things (IoT) services for Enterprise customers. Contribute in collaborative effort to deliver, develop and maintain technical aspects of IoT service for Enterprise customers. This includes but not limited to Networks, platforms, professional service, IoT device management, Partner engagement and performance management.
- Lead and champion Enterprise IoT technology delivery for Enterprise customers.
- Lead and champion IoT capacity building effort to scale.
- Lead and motive for design of processes to design, deploy and operate IoT technologies for Enterprise customers.
- Define IoT Performance management metrics to measure success criteria and lead optimization efforts.
- Lead in identification, selection and management of IoT delivery and support partners for Enterprise customers.
- Lead collaborative effort with stakeholders to create IoT center of excellence, build competence for scale.
- Define, review and Optimize customer journey for Enterprise IoT services.
- Degree in BSc Computer Science, Telecoms, Electronic Engineering, Data Science or any other relevant qualification.
- Teamwork: Teamwork, Agile, Scrum, HW-SW codesign
- Business Intelligence: Streaming Analytics, Predictive Analytics, Hadoop, PowerBI, Tableau, Machine learning, Elastic Stack
- Information security: Cryptography, Authentication, Non-repudiation, Encryption, Ciphers, Public Key Infrastructure, Elliptical Curve Cryptography, AES, RSA, SSL, TLS, DTLS and VPN
- Mobile development: Android, IoS, Cordova, Meteor, BLE, Java.
- Hardware Interfacing: Raspberry Pi, Arduino, GPIO, USB, I2C, LEDs, FPGA, ASICs, SoC, Bluetooth, LoRaWAN, Microcontrollers, ARM Cortex.
- IP Networking: Routing, Switching, VPN, MQTT, CoAP, AMQP, HTTP, SSL, DTLS, HTTPS, Nginx, Mosquitto, Load Balancing
- Automation: Test Automation, Unit Test, CPPUnit, JUnit, SOAPUI, Mocha, Regression, JMeter
- Design for data:
- Big Data, MongoDB, Apache Cassandra, Spark, Elastic Stack
- ML/AI: Machine Learning, Deep Learning, AI, Neural Networks, TensorFlow
- Linux, Unix, project management, mobile networks architecture, data center architecture, AT commands, TCP/IP, WAN/LAN, LoRa, Sigfox, OBDII, SAE, protocols, cloud architecture, J2EE, iOS, Android, raspberry pi, raspbian, mobile computing, micro chip design, data analysis, algorithm, data structure, data architecture, postgresql, XML, JSON, Nodes.JS, Agile, SCRUM, intellectual property