Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs
5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free
Find details here
Systems Administration jobs, Software development jobs, Accounting jobs, Finance jobs,Environmental Engineering jobs,NGO jobs,
Senior Finance and Budget Assistant – Temporary Job Opening (TJO) [Temporary]
• Acts as Certifying Officer on behalf of and in the absence of the Fund Management Officer.
• Undertakes reviews, analysis and preparation of the medium-term plan and its revisions.
• Reviews, analyses and assists in the finalization of cost estimates and budget proposals, in terms of staff and non-staff requirements, including programmatic aspects.
• Ensures compliance with the medium-term plan and other legislative mandates.
• Assists managers in the elaboration of resource requirements for budget submissions.
• Undertakes research and provides support to higher level Finance & Budget Officers with respect to budget reviews of relevant intergovernmental and expert bodies.
• Provides input into the preparation of allotments, including redeployment of funds when necessary, ensuring appropriate expenditures.
• Maintain and update sub-programme specific management information on the status of Environment Fund, Trust Fund, counterpart contributions allocations, project commitments, proposed revisions extensions and submitting reports to Director, Deputy Director and donors.
• Check financial reports for existence and correctness of budget lines, create the non-existent lines in UMOJA as and when necessitated.
• Monitors budget implementation/expenditures and recommends reallocation of funds as necessary.
• Reviews requisitions for goods and services to ensure:
(a) correct objects of expenditure have been charged, and
(b) availability of funds.
• Monitors extra-budgetary resources, including review of agreements and cost plans, ensuring compliance with regulations and rules and established policies and procedures.
• Assists in the preparation of budget performance submissions.
• Assists in finalization of budget performance reports, analyzing variances between approved budgets and actual expenditures.
• Monitors integrity of various financial databases.
• Verifies accuracy of input data, ensuring consistency of data in previous allotments to new allotments issued.
• Co-ordinates with other finance and budget staff on related issues during preparation of budget reports.
2. Project Implementation and Monitoring:
• Check financial reports for existence and correctness of budget lines to facilitate payments and recording of expenditures.
• Monitor reports for commitments and expenditures against approved project budgets and obligations, verify availability of funds, and notify of any variances and inaccuracies and provide solutions if possible.
• Review and study financial reports/statements from implementing agencies for conformity with funds sent to them and to ensure expenditures are properly recorded, are within commitments and match approved project documents/ revisions. Reallocate funds as and when necessary.
• Liaise with other organizational units to initiate necessary actions at all stages of project implementation; Prepares payments for final disbursement by Cashier.
• Notifies payees of status of payments.
• Assists staff members, Fund Management Officers and donors regarding queries on payment and deposit-related issues.
• Follows-up on audit recommendations.
• Files and archives as required.
• Keeps up-to-date on documents/reports/guidelines that have a bearing on matters related to programme, Programme of Work budgets, ensuring compliance with intergovernmental recommendations and decisions as well as with United Nations policies and procedures.
• Drafts correspondence to respond to enquiries in respect to relevant financial and budget matters.
• Provides guidance, training and daily supervision to other general service staff in the area of responsibility.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
High school diploma or equivalent is required. Supplemental training in accounting and finance or related field is required.
Passing the Global General Service Test (GGST) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Services and related categories in the United Nations Secretariat.
Successful passing of the Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) in English at the United Nations Headquarters (UNHQ), Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA), United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG), United Nations Office at Vienna (UNOV), International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR) or International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) may be accepted in lieu of the GGST.
The GGST is administered to applicants when required before the administration of a written assessment and/or interview.
A minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in finance, budget, accounting, administrative services or related area is required.
Experience in an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) accounting and finance system and International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) is required.
Experience in the United Nations system or other comparable international organization is desirable.
Experience in supervising staff or work of others is desirable
PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT OFFICER
- Develops, implements and evaluates assigned programmes/projects, monitors and analyzes programme/project development and implementation, reviews relevant documents and reports,identifies problems and issues to be addressed and initiates corrective actions, liaises with relevant parties, ensures follow-up actions.
- Researches, analyzes and presents information gathered from diverse sources for wetland valuation.
- Coordinates policy development, including the review and analysis of issues and trends, preparation of evaluations or other research activities and studies related to climate change.
- Generates survey initiatives, designs data collection tools, reviews, analyzes and interprets responses, identify problems/issues and prepares conclusions.
- Organizes and prepares written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications.
- Initiates and coordinates outreach activities, conducts training workshops, seminars, makes presentations on assigned topics/activities.
- Leads and/or participates in missions, including provision of guidance to external consultants, government officials and other parties and drafting mission summaries.
- Coordinates activities related to budget funding (programme/project preparation and submissions, progress reports, financial statements) and prepares related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget).
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in environmental/ecological economics or equivalent with specialization in water resources management, hydrology, sustainable development, environmental sciences, development studies, ecology, environmental engineering, natural resources management or a related field is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two (2) additional years of qualifying work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in project or programme management or related area is required.
- Experience in climate change adaptation, water resources management, including modeling, is desirable.
- Experience in working with governments on adaptation planning and project design is desirable.
- Working experience in the United Nations system or similar organization is desirable.
SENIOR INFORMATION SYSTEMS ASSISTANT
• Provides support for computer information systems, databases, and applications in assigned area; performs complex troubleshooting for various applications, as well as in the administration of UNEP’s enterprise cloud resources and enterprise architecture data warehouse.
• Participates in the development, programming, testing, debugging and implementation of new computer application systems releases, modules, and functionalities; conducts version management.
• Designs and develops computer application systems and programs, typically using more than one programming language as well as UN established standards for IT technologies and tools.
• Installs computer application systems software and hardware according to specifications, monitors applications systems using appropriate monitoring tools and produces monitoring reports.
• Manages, designs, creates, produces, and maintains technical documentation for relevant computer application systems and products; manages and administers changes to technical documentation in accordance with prevailing change management and operation procedures.
• Assists in developing/refining support and operations procedures for relevant computer applications systems, including programming requirements and recommendations to users for the programming interfaces.
• Serves as team leader in projects dealing with the planning, specification, design, development, implementation, and maintenance of simple computer application systems; liaises with users to define and specify requirements; builds, tests and modifies prototype computer application systems; performs installation and maintenance of computer applications systems in user offices.
• Contributes to feasibility studies, systems analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation and testing of computer application systems improvements and new computer application systems.
• Assists in the identification of user computer application system’s needs, including business process and document workflow analysis, organization, and maintenance of document repositories; identifies classification schema, retention, and archival procedures: designs and develops workflow systems; conducts research on document/information/knowledge management computer applications, tools, procedures, and standards.
• Provides support on computer application systems development matters, including security and data backup and recovery as per the UN standards and procedures, as well as responding timely to the United Nations Office of Information and Communications Technology (UN OICT) frequent cyber security alerts.
• Drafts correspondence and communications; including work plan revisions and other related issues, as well as prepares unit contributions for a variety of periodic reports, as well as correspondence with service providers as required, as well as maintenance of the UN Unite Apps self-assessment reporting.
• Keeps abreast of developments in the field; conducts research on new technologies; performs benchmarking and proposes new acquisitions; assists in the implementation of new technologies.
• Provides guidance and training to new/junior staff; plans day-to-day work and supervises other staff as required.
• Performs other related duties as required.
High school diploma or equivalent is required. Additional training and a technical or vocational certificate in information technology, computer science or other related areas is required.
Passing the Global General Service Test (GGST) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Services and related categories in the United Nations Secretariat. Successful passing of the Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) in English at the United Nations Headquarters (UNHQ), Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA), United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG), United Nations Office at Vienna (UNOV), International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR) or International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) may be accepted in lieu of the GGST.
The GGST is administered to applicants when required before the administration of a written assessment and/or interview.
A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in information systems analysis and programming, systems administration and maintenance, software development, technical writing, or related area is required.
Experience in software development and technical writing is required.
Work experience in mobile application development and cloud-based container platforms, Azure or AWS administration and DevOps is desirable.