Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Software & Data jobs, Engineering jobs,
Test Automation Engineer
Arifu, an ed-tech company, is looking for a detail-oriented Test Automation Engineer to help in scaling Arifu to realize ourbold vision of placing a smart personal learning assistant in the hands of those with the greatest need for information and opportunity globally. This is a full-time remote position. Applications will be accepted until 5pm East Africa time on21st of October 2021.
Arifu’s mission is to place information and opportunity in everyone’s hands. The Arifu chatbot is an omni-channel (SMS,Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Telegram, and very soon Interactive Voice) enabled content marketplace and delivery platform enables personalized advisory services that makes learning FREE and RELEVANT whilst generating valuable insights and analytics for partners. Arifu has been able to provide learning to over 1.5 million people. We partner with organizations to digitize their in-person training programs, allowing anyone to access the content, anytime, on any mobile device. The Arifu personal adviser delivers content based on learner preferences and responses allowing for
better engagement and impact.
The Test Automation Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
● Experienced Quality Assurance Engineer with the ability to build automation frameworks, create test strategy, test plans, and identification of regression impact in areas of a complex fixed income asset management platform.
● Produce & manage level test plans, estimate effort and resource test plans.
● Monitor changes to scope during the development cycle and re-evaluate plans and resources accordingly.
● Manage expectations of when testing activities will be complete mitigating risks to key milestones.
● Liaise with the relevant departments to ensure key infrastructure environments, interfaces & access is set-up to enable all required testing activities.
● Build test scripts from various sources including functional specifications, technical specifications and sessions with developers and designers.
● Select and develop appropriate test automation tools, applying the latest techniques in test automation; e.g., data-driven testing.
● Use risk-driven techniques to develop, maintain, and execute automated test suites for various Software Cafeteria products; i.e., perform automated dynamic testing.
● Execute automated tests, and validate the results.
● Work with the Development team to capture and reuse automated Unit Test Cases, Test Stubs and Drivers, and other Development test objects.
● Work with the Development team to create and maintain an automated nightly build verification “smoke” test.
● Ensure proper version control and configuration management of all test objects developed and test environments used.
● Creation and implementation of cloud-based solutions such as SaaS and PaaS.
● To facilitate in-house performance testing ensuring that all key infrastructure, data requirements are met as well as establishing the best tools for the job.
● Identify key components of the system that are suitable for automation and implement an approach to deliver benefits through automation.
● Results tracking and reporting.
● Monitor defects raised by the team and challenge their prioritisation supporting the resolution.
● Create, maintain and manage test-related documentation.
● Stay abreast of new technologies in the field and provide recommendations to Arifu’s management on new solutions.
A desire to impact lives, the ability to make a long term commitment to your team and the product, and exceptional problem-solving abilities are all essential prerequisites on the Arifu team. For this role, we’re also looking for someone
with the following:
● 5+ years of relevant work experience with automation tools, preferably Selenium.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline.
● ISTQB certified.
● Solid background in testing throughout the SDLC.
● 3+ years experience in:
o manual testing & automated testing at levels of unit & system covering both functional & non-functional types of tests.
o testing Web Services, APIs, server-side components, and cloud applications using REST.
o strong SQL skills and be able to confidently test batch processes and use SQL to validate test results.
o test-driven development.
o one or more of the following: LoadRunner, HP ALM, Rational Robot, JMeter, Katalon, JUnit, Webdriver, TestNG, Bamboo, TeamCity, Jenkins, JMeter, LoadRunner, QTP, WinRunner, SilkTest etc.
● Experience with and understanding of OO concepts and programming languages such as Java, Springboot, XML, C++, C#, Python.
● Knowledge and experience with Cloud methodologies like PaaS and SaaS; orchestration systems such as Chef;Azure IaaS servers; PowerShell scripting; and, Splunk and AppD.
● Demonstrated ability to manage design issues with solutions delivered in to test to ensure delivery of software meets requirements within set deadlines.
● Able to work with little or no documentation and develop an understanding of the solution in order to sufficiently test the solution is fit for purpose.
● Strong technical skills are essential as the candidate will be required to learn and understand new applications and testing tools as they are introduced throughout the testing cycle.
● Strong communication skills and project management abilities in order to successfully oversee Arifu’s information technology business initiatives.
● Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple, diverse projects simultaneously.
● Must be flexible, independent and self-motivated and willing to upskill the rest of the team.
Compensation and Benefits:
First and foremost, we care about your success. This is because investment in our team members is the only driver of Arifu’s success. We offer competitive compensation packages including participation in the Arifu Rewards Program. We also offer a comprehensive health insurance package. Other benefits include monthly airtime allowance, and remote work support and management tools, and plenty of online and offline extra-curricular activities.
Arifu is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant. Arifu does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
To apply kindly visit the following link:https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfjl_IgEzv4AbZ7xphdvVkCh7EK9OztY0cVvdAVBA18p0JFcg/viewform or click the “Apply Now Button” (please note that we will only be accepting applications via this link). If we see a good fit, we’ll get back to you to set up a conversation. You will be required to upload your CV and cover letter as one document (maximum two pages for the CV and one page for the cover letter), so please have that ready. In your cover letter, convey how your prior experiences in university and work are relevant to Arifu’s mission and what motivates you to want to be a
part of the team.
Should you have any concerns or challenges, please reach out to us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).