Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
- Health & Safety: This is an integral part of all job duties as is the company’s overarching value and is implemented in accordance with Group H&S guidelines. Ensures that safe work rules and practices are understood, implemented and consistently followed by the department’s employees and contractors.
- Coordinates and spearheads a tailored approach to the Group’s performance management cycle and ensures that the group guidelines are consistently applied. Challenges and ensures clear action plans are in place to ensure validity of the planning processes to deliver budget, Performance Improvement Plans & country ambition plans.
- Delivers timely and accurate reports required by the company and BU management that are compliant with financial accounting procedures and legal requirements such as cost of production reports, fixed cost reports etc. Monitors the robustness of the Company’s control environment and drive any necessary corrective actions ensure compliance with group policies and procedures in close liaison with Internal Audit department.
- Designs, reviews the operational effectiveness and documents the CAPEX management business process when required.
- Initiates and/ or co-ordinates projects as necessitated by the Company’s control department’s annual action plans or as assigned by the GM or the Industrial Controller in line with the BU’s priorities.
- Overall responsibility for accounting in the company. This entails liaising with the Shared service team to ensure timely supplier payments, supplier statements reconciliations, monthly stock takes and stocks reconciliations, petty cash management, review of accounting entries, approving payroll entries e.t.c.
- University degree preferably in a business/ statistics related course as well as a professional qualification with an acknowledged accounting body such as ACCA, CPA or equivalent.
- At least 4 years’ experience in audit or a Finance department for busy medium/ large sized manufacturing firm. Experience as a Team leader/Manager is preferred. Good computer knowledge, exposure to an ERP environment and advanced reporting tools and very good knowledge of Microsoft office applications.
- High level of analytical and performance management, communication, presentations skills and ability to pay attention to detail.
- Ability to mobilize people and inspire them towards a common ambition and better results.
- The ability to make difficult decisions in a timely manner, willingness to take an independent position in the face of opposition.
To apply send your CV to email@example.com by 15th May 2019. Quote the position in the email subject line.