Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Working with NGOs, the UN & International Organisation
Find details here
NGO jobs, Project Management jobs, Regional jobs,
Programme Development Manager – Regional Programming Unit
The role will lead on program development of new business for the Regional Programming Unit. It will oversee all aspects of BD including identifying, generating, cultivating, and pursuing funding opportunities aligned with our Country Strategic Plans and Account Strategies by building strategic relationships, strengthening RPU’s competitive position, developing and implementing win strategies, and preparing for and developing strong proposals. Embedding NBD best practice and improving RPU’s capacity by building a robust NBD culture and discipline and instituting highly strategic NBD functions.
This role will work collaboratively and closely with members, partners and other departments of RPU to ensure smooth management of awards, sub-awards and contracts, focusing on donor compliance and accountability. This position will also be responsible to build the capacity of staff on strategic portfolio planning and coordinates such information across departments.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
In order to be successful, you will bring/have:
- Professional qualification in Business development, International Development, Finance/Accounting, Strategic portfolio analysis and planning and change manage similar
- 5+ years demonstrated experience identifying and securing funding from DAC government donors, multilateral agencies, corporate donors and/or foundations.
- Demonstrated experience in leading assessments of funding landscapes, and developing programme funding strategies to meet strategic goals.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex issues through critical thinking, analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in.
- Highly developed networking skills and ability to form productive working relationships with external donor agencies.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including communicating with impact, influencing, negotiation, and coaching.
- Demonstrated people leadership skills, able to effectively manage both direct reports as well as lead staff in all countries around the region in a matrix management relationship.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a senior management team, contributing constructively beyond the role’s specific resource mobilization remit.
- Experience in project and change management related to organisational development projects and international, cross-functional teams with a proven history of delivering results.
- A high degree of flexibility and adaptability in order to respond to changing needs. Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours in the event of major emergencies including travelling at short notice and for extended periods of time.
- Fluency in English
- INGO experience and an excellent grasp of operational issues.
- A detailed understanding on funding mechanisms for development work such as Save the Children’s.
Contract duration: 12 Months (Renewable)
Locatio Based in East and Southern Africa region in any country with SCI prescence