Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Working with NGOs, the UN & International Organisation
Find details here
NGO Jobs, Jobs in Kenya, Regional Leader Job, Current NGO Vacancies,
Position: Regional Leader for the East Africa Region
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 34,000+ staff members in nearly 100 countries are united in helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
Through our work, every 60 seconds… a family gets water… a hungry child is fed… a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
Here’s where you come in:
East Africa Region provides oversight to the National Offices covering up to Nine (9) countries where World Vision’s focus is predominantly programme implementation. These countries are: Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Sudan, South Sudan, Somalia, and Ethiopia.
As the Regional Leader for the East Africa Region, you will significantly contribute to the sustained well-being of the world’s most vulnerable children in the East African region. You will do this by directing regional operations, providing leadership to National Directors and ensuring effective management of ministry in alignment with World Vision’s Vision, Mission, Core Values and global strategic directions. This includes all areas of operations including but not limited to; strategy management, people management, financial resource management, risk management, board and partnership engagement while at the same time managing the performance and effectiveness of National Directors.
As the Regional Leader, you will represent, position, enhance and protect World Vision’s ministry in the region both internally within the World Vision partnership and externally to relevant audiences and bodies.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Strategic Leadership
- Accountability & Stewardship
- Organizational Culture
- Leadership Development
- Board Engagement
- Minimum educational qualification of a Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- A minimum of ten years’ experience providing strategic leadership as a senior organizational leader, within the humanitarian industry. Three years’ (3) senior leadership experience in Africa is required.
- A minimum of five years’ (5) experience managing a multi-cultural leadership team is required.
- A minimum of five years’ (5) experience working with an Advisory Council or Board, either as a member, reporting to one or developing and advising an Advisory Council or Board is required.
- Working knowledge and understanding of World Vision from a leadership perspective is required.
- Proven track record of successfully coaching and mentoring executive level leaders, either at a national, regional or global level.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Ability to travel frequently both regionally and internationally (up to 40%) is required.
How to Apply
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by 28 NOV 2021. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.