Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Agronomy jobs, Agriculture related jobs,BAT jobs,
Leaf Growing Specialist
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
To supervise extension services to achieve agreed company quantity, quality, and cost objectives.
(NOTE: Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs. 5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free Get More Details Here.)
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Timely prepare, obtain approval from the (Area Leaf Manager) ALM, implement, and continuously monitor a crop action plans to produce the agreed quality, quantity, and cost of tobacco leaf
- Provide professional technical guidance and assistance to the extension contractor and farmers
- Continuously evaluate competitor activity and put in place proactive mitigating measures to maintain competitive advantage.
- Implement, supervise and ensure compliance by all direct and indirect reports on all company guidelines and policies
- Effectively supervise loan issued to farmers to ensure crop quality and quantity objectives are met while minimising risk of loan defaulting.
- Train, develop and motivate all staff to ensure optimal individual output
- Identify community development projects in the area in liaison with the local leadership, communicate the same and supervise the implementation of those approved.
In addition, the job holder is required to liaise on daily basis with various local and external customers in public such as National Government and County governments
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline i.e.: Agronomy/Extension
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the field
- Valid motorbike license is mandatory
- Ability to develop a credible and professional relationship with middle line management.
- Leadership skills and teamwork spirit
- Experience with Excel (at least basic level)
- Excellent communication ability
- Demonstrate a strong level of understanding of modern training and development principles, philosophies and methodologies