Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
The Library Assistant will report to the Manager Research and be in charge of developing and implementing effective Library Management systems, programs and activities and oversee the Commission’s Resource Centre/Library.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, design, coordinate and implement comprehensive knowledge management initiatives, strategies and conduct needs assessment and baseline surveys to determine the information needs of various players.
- Test modern Resource Centre products and services for effectiveness, quality and responsiveness to the Commission’s needs e.g. the audio-visual equipment.
- Create avenues for exchange of information, converting data into valuable information and ensuring its accessibility and usage.
- Maximize creation, discovery and dissemination of information within the Commission.
- Assess information needs, develop strategies to meet those needs, identify and obtaining required resources and ensuring accessibility of these resources to the staff, management and stakeholders.
- Perform a variety of clerical duties, including processing and maintaining library media, entering records and files, books and related reference materials.
- Serve as a key contact for data requests by responding to queries and assisting clients in accessing information tools and resources.
- Help conduct periodic inventories of book collection, materials, software, journals and equipment and participate in ordering and maintaining supplies and equipment.
- Conduct programs and oversee training for staff and clients in use of information tools..
- Bachelor’s degree in Information science/library science, or related discipline.
- Working knowledge of educational media and technology including the internet and its utilization for electronic learning and basic appreciation of modern trends in library and Information Science and Proficiency in MS office suite and excel
- Membership to a relevant professional body.
Experience, Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a busy organization in library or resource centre.
- He/she must be a person of integrity, demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be a team player
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2019 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details here)
- If your training, experience and competence match or exceed any of the above minimum requirements, please send a secured copy of your application, a detailed up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating current remuneration, e-mail and telephone contacts, together with copies of certificates and testimonials. You should also give the names of three (3) referees who must be familiar with your previous work and academic experience indicating their telephone, postal and email addresses.
- Application should be addressed to the Commission Secretary, CRA and be sent by post or hand delivered to the Commission offices at 14 Riverside Drive by Tuesday, 22nd October 2019 at 5.00 pm. as follows:
Application For The Position Of_ (insert appropriate position)
To The Commission Secretary
Commission on Revenue Allocation 14 Riverside Drive
P.O. BOX 1310 – 00200
The CRA is an equal opportunity