Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Working with NGOs, the UN & International Organisation
Find details here
ICT jobs, Designing jobs,
About the Role
As UI and UX designer you will work closely with the product team to meet organizational design requirements. You will be responsible for taking a product roadmap and bringing it to life with exceptionally usable screens, African-centric design, and an engaging personality.
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
You will be expected to work closely with the development team to understand technical limitations on design and adjust accordingly. We will work in a very iterative manner, so you must be able to design an MVP version, an amazing final version, and incremental improvements in between. You should be knowledgeable about usability within our mostly East and West African markets but also with global standards.
The right candidate will find this role to be an exciting opportunity to build something new and bold as part of a start-up style department while being supported by a robust, mature company.
UI/UX Designer Responsibilities:
- Create a design system that includes a brand book, component library, and UI style guide. This will help enforce consistency across our mobile, web, and social media experiences.
- Work with the product team to build new features – mock-ups, screens, components, iconography, user flows, across mobile (native and web) and desktop.
- Coordinate with other designers working on related products.
- Create A/B testable designs.
- Gather input from users through user interviews, observing users using the system or conducting UAT, hosting focus groups and design surveys.
- Advice on usability improvements from our analytics and user feedback.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent presentation skills; can share information in a meaningful way
- Fast learner with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently
- Highly organized and able to prioritize work appropriately
- Willing to take accountability for work produced
- Comfortable working in a highly complex environment
- Skilled in using tools such as Figma and Sketch
- Ability to communicate with front end developers and understand how their designs will be implemented in HTML and CSS; Python or Java
- Relevant qualification or diploma
- 2+ years experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Experience with HTML and CSS; Python or Java would also be a bonus
- Extensive mobile and responsive experience
- UI design portfolio that can be provided upon request
- Experience with technical projects
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role, please submit your application quoting in the subject line the Job Title “UI/UX Designer” and attach a detailed CV &portfolio with the correct e-mail address and telephone contacts. All written applications and CVs/portfolios should be submitted via the email below: firstname.lastname@example.org.