Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
Position:Engineering Services Manager
Location: Kericho, Kenya
End Date: Nov-14-2019
(NOTE: Would you like to know the BIGGEST CV mistake you can make? Find out plus the Top 8 Ways To Make Your CV Stand Out.)
Job Number: 190009RZ
Main Job Purpose
To Lead Engineering team in accordance with laid down Company policies and procedures. Partner with line managers and individuals from Unilever Tea Kenya Limited (UTKL) in providing timely and high quality delivery of engineering services/support in Electrical, mechanical, Civil, transport, Energy and projects areas and provide advice on asset procurement and replacement policies
- Day to day running of Central engineering function (mechanical/electrical/vehicle/civil). Ensure the garage & manage a time-based planned maintenance system, provide technical support on all Company buildings, tarmac roads & bridges & all load bearing structures.
- Engineering support to embedded technical resources across 8 tea processing factories embedded within 12,000 hectares for tea plantations
- Take charge of engineering requirement & maintenance of utility services, installation, maintenance, inspection and repairs of all electric installations, power lines and machinery is carried out.
- Manage power generation & distribution within the Unilever grid.
- To ensure installation, maintenance, inspection and repairs of all civil infrastructure, motor vehicles, heavy plant, mechanical plant, installations and water pumps in UTKL.
- Support the design, installation, commissioning, inspection, repairs and maintenance of all projects in UTKL.
- Support installation of new processes & machinery Support the development of process controls in new tea technologies. designing, installing and commissioning new production units, monitoring modifications and upgrades, and troubleshooting existing processes
- Preparation of Department’s budgets & Capital Expenditure Proposals in line with the requirements and manage expenditure accordingly.
- Take custody and maintain company assets within Engineering and other areas of operation.
- Provide advice and guidance to units as in relation to improvements, technology changes and standardization of machinery.
- Lead the Energy committee, devise a strategy for reducing energy costs and environmental impact and coordinate its activities.
- Draw up all Contracts and ensure full achievement to the required quality standard.
- Responsible for welfare of workers in the department and reporting any known or suspected cases of sexual harassment and bribery to the code officer.
- Train & develop all engineering employee, implement the Company policies, CBA and labour laws at all times to ensure full compliance and promote good IR, welfare and safety in Engineering
- Responsible for the internal controls in all process areas within the unit e.g. payroll, cash, stores, procurement etc.
- Responsible for the implementation of WCM in Engineering and factories.
- Masters/Bachelors graduate in Mechanical, Engineering, Production Technology or Agricultural Engineering
- At least 8 years’ experience practicing as a Registered with Engineers Board of Kenya as a professional Engineer with domain in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience within Production, Process and Packaging Expertise; including Project Management and Managing a large technical team
- Experience in partnering with line managers and technical resources across to provide timely and high quality delivery of engineering services/support, professional guidance on engineering Issues by articulating and implementing policies throughout the business on (among others) safety, work/ material standards, asset replacement policies, compliance to local legislation and asset and engineering human resources management (among others) safety, work/ material standards, asset replacement policies, compliance to local legislation and asset and engineering human resources management