Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
Supervisory jobs, Logistics jobs, Twiga Foods jobs,
Execution of work against plan
(NOTE: Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs. 5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free Get More Details Here.)
The job holder will execute predetermined work processes as defined by
- Maintaining electronic databases of sales, registration, inspections, and maintenance of fleet management
- Ensure fleet availability to meet all requests by scheduling, forecasting, and surveying current user trends
- Maintain knowledge and utilize all fleet information and user surveys to forecast new requirements
- Arrange fleet and fleet operational staff to provide support and schedule Special Event Planning
- Perform vehicle registration, insurance and inspection formalities and documentation regarding induction of new vehicles in existing fleet.
- Maintain a fleet compliant to Twiga standards for training, documentation of maintenance, trip records, issue reporting, safety & security).
- Oversee routine and ad hoc maintenance, obtain tags for new vehicles, and renew old ones to ensure schedule fleet management.
- Monitor and ensure fleet operation in compliance with local and government rules and regulations.
- Maintain and monitor data management systems to organize fleets as per various schedules and requests.
- Monitor expenses related to assigned area of work systematically and offer interventions to manage within expectations.
- Execute and implement operational standards to maintain vehicles by advocating best practices in industry. Maintain quality standards by establishing and enforcing Twiga organization standards and values.
- Facilitate and implement corrective actions and capacity building to manage entire fleet to achieve company objectives.
- Developing processing plans and optimizing resource allocation within agreed standards.
- Managing infrastructure and equipment maintenance schedules and activities.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant regulations and by conforming to Twiga’s quality, environmental, food and safety requirements which are instrumental to facilities management.
- Comply with all organization policies, procedures, and statutory guidelines. Minimize and mitigate risks to the organization and enforce zero-tolerance to non-compliance.
- Close gaps/lapses identified as an outcome of audits; risk and/or any other compliance review; investigations; or other assessment mechanisms and take corrective/preventive actions within the agreed timelines.
- Model Twiga’s culture and way of working and inculcating this within the team.
- Deliver the performance objectives. Participate in monthly 1-on-1 performance reviews with line manager, and institute corrective action where performance falls below expectation.
- Proactively manage own learning and development
- Adhere to the annual leave plan agreed with the line manager
- Adhere to people management polices
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- At least Five (5) years of proven experience as a Fleet Supervisor or in Logistics in a highly commercial environment with demonstrable experience in achieving targets.
- Has on-the-job experience with driver/ fleet management.
- Has a good understanding of perishable product handling in logistics. (safety, food safety, security)
- Excellent Communicator with the ability to listen to others and understand their needs, and the ability to explain information clearly ensuring everyone is on the same page.
- Strong organization skills with good record keeping ability for keeping records up to date and sticking to systems in order to make information retrieval quick leading to efficiency.
- Ability to multitask to meet demands coming in from various sources, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Problem-solving ability, able to stay calm and think through unanticipated situations.
- Good computer competency – comfortable with technology and willing to learn specific job-related software
- Strong planning, prioritization, and management of own activities and office workflow even when working under tight deadlines
- A customer focus attitude to regard those to whom services are provided as customers with a strong customer orientation, understands customer requirements, identifies clients’ needs, matches them to appropriate solutions, or suggests and implements solutions to customer issues
- Willing and able to adapt to changing work requirements and priorities that may require overtime or extended hours.
- Good technical skills and ability to understand and propose solutions by focusing on client requirements
- Ability to bring together stakeholders and drive continuous improvement.
- Experience in working with Third-party service suppliers.