Become a Certified Project Management Specialist
The Area Manager will be based in Kakuma Refugee Camp and will be the employer’s representative of the Area Program. He/she will provide effective leadership and management of the Area Program to ensure that expected results are achieved. He/She will be a member of the Program Management Team (PMT) and the Joint Management Team (JMT).
The Area Manager reports to the Program Manager in Nairobi and will supervise senior program staff and support staff.
- Provide and contribute to the strategic direction, leadership and overall technical and management support to the program
- Proactively grow the program through development of concept notes and proposals to existing and new donors
- Identify, monitor and report unmet needs with the aim of exploring the potential of LWF addressing those needs within the context
- Ensure alignment and coherence with relevant LWF strategies at national and global level
- Ensure projects and activities meet humanitarian and development standards, and respond to community needs
- Recruit qualified team members, support and supervise the teams to achieve program goals and maximize national ownership and leadership
- Identify, assess, monitor and implement measures to reduce or control risks that may impact program delivery, quality or compliance
- Provide oversight on implementation, integration and donor compliance
- Lead needs assessments to inform programming
- Liaise with Technical Advisors based in Nairobi to ensure relevant support, tools and resources are being provided and integrated into programming
- Coach, train, and mentor staff with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity, exchanging knowledge within the team and providing professional development guidance
- Supervise and mentor staff in the respective processes including performance management, staff care in liaison with the Human Resource Office in Nairobi
- Undertake regular field monitoring visits to assess progress and identify technical quality issues and/or other implementation issues, provide solutions and implement modifications as required
- Ensure proper M&E systems are in place in liaison with the MEAL Advisor based in Nairobi to develop M&E plans for the program, develop the CRM, document lessons learnt and identify opportunities for evaluations and quality improvement
- Engage and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders including Government agencies, INGOs/NGOs, UNHCR, and UNICEF.
HOW TO APPLY:
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2019 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details here)
Applications should reach the undersigned by close of business on 14th March 2019, with reference Area Manager-Kakuma and must include full contact details of 3 referees.
The Human Resource Manager, Lutheran World Federation Kenya-Djibouti-Somalia
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
LWF World Service is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation.
(NOTE: Not sure where to get started on your cover letter? Check our NEWLY UPDATED cover letter template for NGOs for FREE! You can copy and paste this proven sample to create a lasting impression and get invited to the interview right away. Get it here.)
LWF World Service is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies.
Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.
LWF is a Child Safe Organization.