Are you still using the OLD and OUTDATED CV format?
CV Format UPDATES for the year 2022 REVEALED
Find details here
Law jobs,Managerial jobs,Kenya Revenue Authority jobs,
Responsible for (Purpose of the job).
Responsible for the implementation of policy and strategy related to litigation as well as offering team leadership in litigation.
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
Tasks and outputs:
- Participate in the formulation and ensure implementation of policies and strategies for the Litigation Section.
- Participate in the preparation of the Section’s work plan and budgets.
- Ensure compliance with agreed systems and procedures to enhance efficient and effective prevention and execution of business risks.
- Review research and legislation that impact on KRA and recommend any necessary amendments.
- Arrange and participate in stakeholder engagements (External Counsel, Judiciary, DPP, EACC, AG).
- Review Memoranda of Understanding, bilateral and multilateral legal instruments with tax implications.
- Representing KRA in mainstream courts, Tax Tribunals, and other courts.
- Manage follow up of post litigation revenue recovery on concluded cases by revenue Departments.
- Review drafted Pleadings and D
- Manage the general performance of staff in the respective teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law (LLB).
- A Post graduate diploma in Law.
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
- Possess a valid Practicing Certificate (LSK).
- Computer literate.
- Management and Governance courses.
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline will be an added advantage.
Minimum years of experience
5 years post admission experience in commercial law and litigation practice, 2 of which should be in an entry level management position in a comparable organization.
Competencies required for this role
- Strong administrative, managerial and leadership skills
- Excellent decision making skills and capabilities
- Excellent planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Resilient, focused and results oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Motivated, dynamic and dedicated team player.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships.