Feeling Stuck in Career?
Get free professional career coaching
Kenya Forest Service (KFS) Jobs, Managerial Jobs
- The Kenya Forest Service (KFS) is a State Corporation established by the Forest Conservation & Management Act of 2016. The Service is mandated to conserve, develop and sustainably manage forests and allied resources for environmental stability and the social-economic development of the people of Kenya. In line with the provisions of the Forest Conservation and Management Act of 2016 the Service wishes to recruit a competent and qualified person to fill the following vacant position:
SENIOR MANAGER, FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION – GRADE KFS 2 REFKFS/SMF&A/2020 (1 Post)
- The Senior Manager Finance and Administration shall provide strategic leadership and advice to ensure optimal utilization management of the Kenya Forest Service’s (KFS) resources for effective and efficient service delivery.
- Reporting to the Chief Conservator of Forests, the incumbent shall formulate and coordinate the implementation of sound Financial and Accounts management, Human Resource and Administration policies and strategies for effective management of Financial, HR and Administration activities.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop effective Finance and Accounts, HR and Administration policies and strategies to meet objectives of the Service.
- Initiate and coordinate the Organization’s Development interventions aimed at promoting culture change in Finance, accounts, Human Resource and Administration policies.
- Prepare and implement the annual work plan for Finance, Accounts, HR and Administration activities.
- Undertake benchmarking on current developments in HR and Finance/Accounts Management Practices.
- Ensure compliance with financial reporting standards and labor legislation.
- Preparation of the strategic Financial/Accounts and HR plans, forecasts and
- cash flow projections.
- Coordinate the HR&A and Finance department procurement plans, budgeting process, monitoring cash flow and overseeing the organization’s financial performance against budget goals
- Coordinate and guide on staff related issues within the Service
- Facilitate the development and implementation of competitive and
- sustainable reward policies and systems
- Establish, implement and maintain appropriate Human Resource Information System (HRIS)
- Advise board and management on financial, industrial relations and
- employee grievance/disciplinary issues
- Ensure compliance with Article 10 and 232 of the Constitution and promotion of national Cohesion
- Coordinate administrative functions related to housing, office block, waste
- management, fleet management, vehicle maintenance, office facilities and
- Develop and implement succession management strategy in the Service
- Oversee adherence to internal controls.
- Compile and consolidate annual financial statements.
- Interpretation and implementation of accounting standard and financial
- Engagement with the National treasury and the Ministry of Environment and Forestry on financial issues.
- Resource Mobilization.
- Expenditure control and Management.
- Provide advisory support to all Kenya Forest service cost centers.
- Oversee the finance and accounting functions.
- Liaise with financial partners.
- Prepare finance and accounting strategic objectives.
Job Specification & Requirements
- Minimum of Master’s degree specializing in Finance, Business Administration Strategic Management Human Resource Management or equivalent from a recognized University.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or its equivalent from a recognized university
- Certified Public Accountant CPA (K) or its Equivalent with CPS-K as an
- added advantage
- Twelve (12) years’ experience in a Senior Management position in a large in
- a large and reputable public organization, eight (8) of which should be as Head Finance, HR & Administration or Business Development
- Certificate in a Leadership Course from a recognized institution
- Through knowledge of Kenya Labour Laws, local & International Finance laws.
- Must be a member of relevant professional body i.e. ICPAK or its equivalent in good standing
- Strong computer skills-ERP systems
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact with different levels of management
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Be a person of high integrity who meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- Have been cleared by the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Have a valid Certificate of Good Conduct from Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
- Have been cleared by the Ethics and Anti-corruption commission (EACC).
- Have a valid Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Have a valid credit report from a licensed Kenyan Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
How to Apply
- The detailed advertisement with all the job descriptions and requirements is found in the Kenya Forest Service Web Site: http://www.kenyaforestservice.org (under jobs)
- Interested candidates who meet the requirements are asked to apply while clearly indicating reference number for the position. Applications including current curriculum vitae, indicating current and expected remuneration, mobile number, names and contact details of three referees, copy of national identity card, copies of testimonials, copies of professional and academic certificates and copies of statutory requirements clearly marked with reference number for each position- should either be sent through the post office or hand delivered to the following address in a sealed envelope marked “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF SENIOR MANAGER FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION /FOREST CONSERVATION COMMITTEE CHAIR – KFS” ; so as to reach the Service not later than 10th August, 2020 by 5.00 pm.
Chief Conservator of Forests,
Kenya Forest Service, Karura, Off Kiambu Road,
P. O. Box 30513-00100, G.P.O.
- Canvassing will lead to disqualification. The Service is ISO accredited and an equal opportunity employer. Applicants living with disabilities and those from marginalized areas and minority communities are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview