FREE CAREER COACHING for You
Get Your Career in The Right Path
Position: Deputy Commissioner
Closing Date: 13th April 2020
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2020 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details here)
This position is responsible for provision of strategic direction and policy establishment to enhance Revenue Collection in all Customs operational areas as well as Enforcement of Customs laws, policies and procedures in all regions.
TASKS AND OUTPUTS:
- Oversee formulation of strategies and plans for the development and implementation of Customs revenue mobilization, trade facilitation and administration programmes to effectively manage the division.
- Oversee, direct, and monitor regional operations in the division to enhance revenue mobilization.
- Oversee development and implementation of a comprehensive annual work plan for effective revenue mobilization operations
- Coordinate preparation of revenue performance reports for the department
- Oversee analysis and implementation of legislation and policy guidelines and strategies for smooth running of revenue mobilization operations.
- Establish and maintain liaison and working relationships with local, regional and international stakeholders for effectiveness of revenue mobilization.
- Day-to-day operations, supervision, management of performance and development of staff in the Division
- Facilitate implementation of the work plans for the following corporate initiatives in the unit: Division: Audit, Integrity, QMS and Risk Management.
- Development and management of the divisional work plan and budget.
- Drive initiatives to improve ethics, culture and facilitate change management in the division.
- Oversee management of Special Economic Zones (SEZ), bonded facilities, customs warehouse, auctions, refunds, manifest and motor vehicle functions
- A bachelor’s degree in a business-related field from a recognized institution.
- A Master’s Degree in a relevant field such as business administration, economics from a recognized university;
Postgraduate Diploma/Certificate in Customs Administration.
(NOTE: Not sure where to get started on your cover letter? Check our NEWLY UPDATED cover letter template for NGOs for FREE! You can copy and paste this proven sample to create a lasting impression and get invited to the interview right away. Get it here.)
Minimum of 10 years work experience in a similar role (especially in field operations) with at least 5 years in a senior management role.
Competencies required for this Role
- Strong managerial, administrative and leadership skills;
- Excellent decision making capabilities;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to convey conceptual and complex ideas and information;
- Strong analytical skills and ability to make evaluative judgment;
- Computer proficiency in the standard packages (word processing, e-mail and internet use);
- Demonstrate capability to drive performance and achievement;
- Effective interpersonal skills and delivery techniques to interact with, engage and inspire his/her team;
- Proactive and self-driven with a capability of building teams.
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview