Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
Partners in Health Research and Development (PHRD), a clinical research facility under KEMRI –CCR is currently looking for a motivated individual to fill in the following position:
Position: Assistant Principal Clinical Scientist KMR 4 (1 Position)
Reports to: Principal Investigator
Job purpose: The purpose of this position is to provide leadership and coordination to the clinic team over a wide range of HIV and STI related clinical studies at PHRD.
- Oversee and provide comprehensive medical care/clinical support to study participants enrolled in clinical trials.
- Provide clinical trial oversight and management as designated by the Principal Investigator
- Train, mentor and provide guidance to clinical staff to ensure studies are implemented in accordance with good clinical practice.
- Communicate with trial sponsors and collaborators as needed Education and Professional training
- A degree in medicine and surgery (MBCHB)
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field
- Proficiency in computer application;
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution
- Must have valid retention certificate from KMPDB
- Team player
- Strong communication skills
- Research experience or willingness to learn
- Ability to be effective in high-pressure situations, can handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and work under minimal/remote supervision
- Must have four (4) years’ experience working in a busy public health facility.
- Experience in care and treatment of HIV infected persons
- Experience providing reproductive health services will be an added advantage.
Terms of employment
Employment is a one year renewable contract as per KEMRI Human Resource Policy and Procedures Manual with a probation period for the first 3 months. Salary is negotiable within the appropriate grade depending on education, experience and demonstrated competency.
How to apply
a) All applicants must meet each selection criteria detailed in the minimum
b) Must include a current CV with names of at least 2 referees.
c) Must include copies of academic and professional certificates.
d) Must include a copy of Certificate of good conduct
e) Must have KRA Certificate of Tax compliance
f) Must have Clearance Certificate from HELB
g) Must have credit reference Bureau Certificate
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application together with their detailed CV to the recruitment officer through e-mail: email@example.com not later than 23rd September, 2019.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY.
Only those shortlisted will be contacted