Are you still using the OLD and OUTDATED CV format?
CV Format UPDATES for the year 2022 REVEALED
Find details here
Business related jobs, Agriculture related jobs, Community Development jobs, Social Work jobs, Gender Studies jobs,
GENDER AND YOUTH COMMUNITY FACILITATORS
- Community engagement and training of adolescents and young people
- Contribute to teamwork plans and successful implementation of approaches for adolescents and youths (GIRL-H & Transforming Masculinity).
- In collaboration with USAID Nawiri Gender and Social Change Officer, identify and recruit adolescents and youths from the community as program beneficiaries.
- Manage girls’ and boys’ group’s safe space groups in collaboration with mentors.
- Provide mentorship and support to mentors for girls and boys
- Support the USAID Nawiri Gender and Social Change Officer with conducting training for the mentors on technical curricula for adolescents and young people.
- Support and guide the mentors to deliver training to adolescents and young people.
- Support safe space activities including safe space mapping and social asset building.
- In coordination with the Gender and Social Officer, monitor the implementation of activities through regular field visits and assessments to ensure program quality and impact and document successes and lessons learned.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Monitor adolescent and youths (Girl/Boy) groups daily and upload all data collected data in ONA platform on a weekly basis.
- Prepare accurate and timely monitoring and field reports on a weekly basis and other project documentation as required.
- In collaboration with USAID Nawiri Gender and Social Officer, report on the attendance, capture Adolescents and Young Mothers data in the tracking tool, businesses, and savings groups’ performances via the USAID Nawiri group monitoring tool and to the County Project Coordinator.
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient, and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Mentors (Girl and Boy mentors)
Reports Directly to Gender and Social Change Officer
Works Directly with Gender and Social Change Officer, Gender, Adolescents and Youth County Coordinator and Gender, Youth and Social Dynamics Lead.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum 1-year experience working with NGOs/CBOs in adolescent and youth interventions, including livelihood interventions
- Diploma in Community Development, Social Work, Gender Studies, or any other related field.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Commitment to working with adolescents and youth, girls, and boys in need, regardless of, religion or gender.
- Experience in data collection and data entry is an added advantage.
- Experience with the mentorship of girls.
- Experience facilitating training.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Local language skills are required. Strong written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
Program Implementation & Data Collection Intern
PURPOSE OF INTERNSHIP:
The internship will provide an opportunity for professional training through support to the team based on the activities:
- Support set up of safe spaces for Cycle two and three in Marsabit county.
- Conduct mentors trainings on GIRL H curriculum.
- Support in monitoring of groups during safe space meetings.
- Collect session attendances in the safe spaces and support in entering to excel or commcare.
- Mobilise participants for MIW activities.
- Support transition of participants to different pathways.
- Do data cleaning, entry and share data with M&E officer.
- Support mentorship,coanching and management of participants at their safe spaces.
- Report any issues with safe space activities to P.O for address.
- Guide mentors in filling of data collection forms.
- Mobilize communities and participants to attend champion days.
After this internship, the intern will:
- Gain hands-on experience in GIRL program implementation.
- Gain experience in working in a multicultural environment with diverse activities
- Gain experience in working in an international humanitarian organization
- Ability to attend to coordinate and work well with other Team members.
- Demonstration of participation in rogram implementation.
- Abililty to write reports on field activities.
- Ability to compile a safe space timetable.
- Ability to enter and share clean verifiable data.
- Ability to work with adolescents and young people.
IDEAL CANDIDATE SHOULD POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- Certificate, Diploma/degree in Community Development, Economic Development, Gender and development studies, Business, Agriculture, Livestock or related field.
- Should have knowledge of quantitative and qualitative data collection, reporting techniques and should understand and be able to apply basic measures of central tendency and spread;
- Commitment to working with Women, Girls, youth and vulnerable groups in need, regardless of race, tribe, religion or gender;
- Understanding of working with local partners and commitment to working with GIRL H team.
- Good problem solving, written and oral communication skills;
- Strong written and spoken English and Swahili;
- Local language skills required;
- Ability to work without constant supervision and as part of a mixed team;
- Good knowledge of MS Office software such as Excel, Word, and Access