Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
Business administation jobs,Accounting jobs,Finance jobs,Economics jobs,Data science jobs,Managerial jobs,
Financial Analysis & Controls Manager
- Performs analysis and research of present and future financial performance, financial plans (e.g., expected returns, resource allocation, pricing, investment opportunities) and economic transactions (e.g., customer deals, commercial partnerships, acquisitions, etc.).
- Assists in the execution of annual business planning and forecasting process. Completes analysis, modeling, and research to support preliminary and adjusted forecast cycles. Partners and solicits insight from business and commercial stakeholders.
- Provides business leader support and actionable insights during financial close periods. Reviews recurring financial reporting and presentations. Identifies trends, and formulates action plans. Determines financial results (e.g., revenue, profitability, OPEX, etc.) and conducts variance analyses. Identifies variance causes and solutions. Collaborates to ensure execution of plans and accountability for results.
- Develops and leverages relationships with customers and partners to bolster sales, and to understand and manage business risk. Collects customer feedback data and applies data analysis techniques to improve customer experience. Builds strong relationships with customers at senior levels. Designs and negotiates solutions to complex financial issues with customers. Engages with customers and partners on their wider relationships with Microsoft. Serves as advocate for Microsoft and its customers. Understands customers’ businesses to plan growth. Manages balance between customer centricity, enablement of sales, and cost effectiveness
- Provides business insights and recommendations to peers and stakeholders to achieve revenue and profitability goals and drive shareholder return, including. Resource allocation, cost optimization, revenue generation, trends, and future requirements. Manages and executes processes through engagement with internal and external stakeholders. Collaborates with business leaders to define action plans for financial and business analysis findings.
- Applies advanced understanding of Microsoft Finance and business (e.g., monetization strategy, market, key drivers, revenue channels, advanced technology, and business partner work context) to multiple situations to evaluate results and analysis. Develops and manages strategies to proactively mitigate, or reactively address, potential adverse effects of macroeconomic and/or geopolitical risks. Maintains working knowledge of Microsoft financial systems, policies, and processes to evaluate potential impacts of changes, and drives improvements in efficiency and accuracy.
- Contributes to new and unconventional methods and approaches to data collection, analysis, interpretation, and financial models. Provides advice and direction to teammates and peers on data management and operations.
- Leads efforts to leverage technology to increase productivity (e.g., report optimization) and to ensure accurate conclusions.
- Integrates varied data sources and assimilates the information into a comprehensive, clear narrative. Communicates results in a compelling and understandable message. Articulates understanding and awareness of business partner situation.
- Ensures compliance with company policies, legal standards, and regulatory requirements by reviewing and monitoring accuracy of financial documents and business processes. Drives corrective measures. Consults with business partners on sharing financial information, approved instruments and processes, and consistency with corporate policies. Collaborates with Compliance groups to ensure team is current on company policies and procedures.
(NOTE: Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs. 5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free Get More Details Here.)
- Embody our culture and values
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data Science, or related field AND 4+ years of post-graduate financial analysis, accounting, controllership, or finance work experience
- OR Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data Science, or related field AND 2+ years of post-graduate financial analysis, accounting, controllership, or finance work experience
- OR equivalent experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Association of Certified Chartered Accountant (ACCA) or equivalent certification.
Government Affairs Manager
- Program Development – You shape Microsoft’s policy agenda to address complex governmental issues/affairs and business priorities, and develop and/or recommend highly impactful solutions for advancing the agenda while managing risks and consequences; you develop processes to facilitate program outreach and execution, assessing the feasibility of extending the program to advance Microsoft’s policy and/or political agenda.
- External Communication – You direct and align complex or conflicting policy with Microsoft’s goals and strategies; you enhance company reputation by driving a communication framework and messaging for Government Affairs; you participate in and assist in developing internal/external events to drive Government Affairs’ objectives and social media engagement.
- External Relationships – You develop and influence partnerships with coalitions, the Public Sector, and relevant interests groups to achieve desired regulatory and/or legislative outcomes; you lead the implementation of improvements to initiatives based on community and stakeholder feedback; you establish Microsoft’s reputation as a globally trusted provider of technology and you assist in navigating and minimizing roadblocks.
- Internal Collaboration – You advocate for and manage policy issues and lead Microsoft’s engagement with internal stakeholders related to government affairs; you support senior stakeholders by regularly counselling on public policy, geo-political topics and/or cultural context; you provide direction to teammates and you act as a project lead across countries and teams.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Business Acumen – The ability to understand the parts of the business and their interrelationships. This includes skill in understanding the industry, competition, and expected future developments and challenges, the business’s competitive strengths and weaknesses, opportunities to grow the business and reduce operating costs; and awareness of the environment for opportunities.
- Formal Presentations – The ability to create and deliver formal presentations to others. This includes sharing information on a range of topics in a clear, concise, engaging and convincing manner; commanding the audience’s attention; developing effective presentation materials (e.g., handouts, visual aids); and handling questions or argumentative positions from the audience.
- Documentation – The ability to draft or review policy documents, whitepapers and other external or internal facing documents. This includes the willingness to proactively share documentation with other members of the Government Affairs community and participate in the drafting and reviewing of documentation that applies beyond your geographical scope.
- Corporate Partnerships – The ability to develop and leverage strategic internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals. This includes the ability to engage key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of the Government Affairs agenda and initiatives; and support associate efforts in these areas.
- Corporate Communications – Knowledge of corporate communications best practices and techniques. This includes knowledge of existing and emerging media and/or communication tools (e.g., print, intranet, internet, electronic, broadcast communications). This also includes the ability to apply knowledge of various media to produce communications material and set and execute public relations strategy.
- Cross Cultural Skills – The ability to conduct business in multiple cultures. This includes the ability to recognize and adapt to cultural differences in work and communication styles across regions or countries.
- Legal And Regulatory Requirements – Knowledge of the rules, regulations, sanctions and other statutory requirements, guidelines, and instructions relating to governing bodies and organizations, both internally and externally.
- Legislative Processes – Knowledge of legislative process and political framework. This includes the ability to track all stages of a bill’s progression from introduction to final passage, theories, principles and practices.
- Campaign and Lobbying Regulatory Compliance – Knowledge of local laws related to government affairs including campaign finance laws, election laws and regulations, parliamentary rules, ethics rules, lobbying disclosure laws, and contracting requirements. This includes the ability to ensure compliance of internal and external stakeholders.
- Government Operations – Knowledge of government operations, practices, and stakeholders. This includes the ability to utilize this information in the planning and execution of company activities and events.
- Political Advocacy, Lobbying and Engagement – Knowledge of public opinion and organized engagement to influence the political process. This includes skill in writing political communication materials, and lobbying to compel or persuade key constituencies and elected officials to take action on behalf of the company. This may include regionally specific political knowledge and lobbying skill.
- Technology Policy – The ability to understand, anticipate, and forecast the impact of technology on policy. This includes knowledge and awareness of technology concepts, evolution, innovation, and internal and external technological advancements and trends; and of policy related to technology, including Cloud, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, devices, accessibility, privacy, telecommunications, and internet topics.
- Product Policy – Knowledge of Microsoft products and how they are impacted by public policy. This includes the ability to participate in technical conversations related to products.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.