Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation that utilises local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence-informed solutions and interventions to existing and emerging public health concerns.
CHS works in partnership with various stakeholders including the Ministry of Health’s National Tuberculosis, Leprosy and Lung Disease Program (NTLD-Program) towards the implementation of TB care and control activities across the country. This is part of a United States Government initiative against TB in Kenya with funding from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
CHS is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of Learning, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer based in Nairobi.
Scope: Health Information Systems
Overall Job Function
Reporting to the Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist the jobholder will be part of the M&E team supporting TB ARC II activity. He/she will assist the M&E Specialist to implement and manage comprehensive monitoring and information systems across the project, assist in routine data aggregation, implement data quality checks and audits to ensure integrity of data and use of surveillance data for evidence-informed decision making. Advise on enhancements of HIS and innovative technology approaches to improve data capture across levels.
- Design, develop, enhance, implement and manage Health Information Management Systems within the activity including TIBU system maintenance
- Assist in data analysis (routine and adhoc) using statistical approaches or appropriate presentation formats for a diverse target audience
- Plan, implement and facilitate data flow and management processes through innovative technology approaches from the counties with targeted interventions for TB programming
- Participate in the review and revision of tools, follow up on tools requests, printing and implementing a tools distribution database for the counties and sub-counties
- Maintain programmatic databases including lab and TraiNet to track all capacity building activities for health care workers conducted under USG funding
- Plan and coordinate county and sub-county performance review meetings to enhance data quality and ownership at the county level
- Participate in Data Quality Audit missions at the national and county levels
- Support counties to identify gaps and implement Continuous Quality Improvement models as well as monitor TB Quality improvement indicators
- Support the M&E Specialist in implementing strategies to increase TB Data use and demand amongst S/SCTLCs, County Health management teams
- Implement innovative capacity building approaches/ forums for diverse health care worker cadres such as ECHO
- A bachelor’s degree in health informatics, biostatistics, statistics, demography, computer science and/or monitoring and evaluation or an equivalent academic qualification from a recognized institution
- Experience in working with county governments and/or National TB and Leprosy Disease Program will be an added advantage
- Understanding of health information management/reporting systems in Kenya especially TIBU and USAID/PEPFAR/DATIM/MOH reporting systems
- At least 5-7 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation of health related programs in Kenya
- Advanced skills in using MS Excel, Access, PowerPoint and statistical software such as SPSS, STATA and ArcGIS
- Understanding of USAID reporting requirements
- Experience in conducting Data Quality Audits/assessments
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and adhere to strict timelines/deadlines.
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV including contact details of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the subject title as Learning, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer: CHS/HR/LMEO/001/2019 by 5.00 PM September 15, 2019.
Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.