Nutrition jobs, Agriculture related jobs, Environmental Science jobs, Social Sciences jobs,
Monitoring Assistant, SC4
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. WFP’s work to collectively contribute to achievement of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) 2 and 17; – Zero Hunger and Partnership for the goals respectively.
This position will report directly to Programme Associate. Job holder will be expected to produce organized and accurate technical work and reports. S/he will also be required to provide guidance on standard practices to other staff (Business Support Assistants ranging between 4 to 6) and counterparts in his/her area of work. S/he will also coordinate WFP efforts closely with Storekeeper to ensure seamless support to the refugee Populations. Jointly with the storekeeper, they will support the Programme Associate to run the day-to-day operation of the WFP food Assistance points while also contributing to the design and implementation of the self-reliance activities within the area of jurisdiction.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Verify the planned movements and distribution of food or non-food items, reporting issues or discrepancies to the supervisor for timely resolution of problems and to ensure that the quantity distributed and the quality of the operation is in line with WFP standards.
- Maintain information records and monitoring plan documentation, such as records of commodity movements and Programme checklists, in order to assist in the effective delivery and distribution of food items or non-food items.
- Collate assistance Programme(s) data in accordance with clear direction, in order to support Programme reviews and informative decision-making.
- Liaise with cooperating partners and internal counterparts to gather feedback and comments to support Programme reviews and improve services.
- Receive and collate comments and feedback from cooperating partners, beneficiaries, and beneficiaries, to support identifying programmatic issues with a view to fostering efficient operations.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Provide guidance for cooperating partners on WFP operational practices, monitoring tools and methods in order to support them to complete self-monitoring tasks and to contribute to the visibility of WFP in the coverage areas.
- Prepare field mission reports to document Programme implementation.
- Follow set emergency response processes and procedures for emergency food assistance.
- Coordinate with implementing partners and actively monitor progress and performance of Self Reliance / Resilience / Food Systems project activities including identification and training of farmers, post-harvest handling support, productive asset creation (water dams/pans, borehole or shallow well, market linkage assistance, among others) to ensure deadlines and targets are met.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Completion of secondary school education.
- University degree in Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences, or other field relevant to international development assistance is desired.
- Experience: Has experience analyzing programme output and outcome data as well as implementation of food security/self-reliance projects.
- Knowledge & Skills: General knowledge of WFP monitoring and evaluation systems and standards is desired/added advantage. Ability to lead small teams and to build and maintain partnerships.
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- The World Food Programme DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
- WFP embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that celebrates diversity and inclusivity in all ways.
- All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications and merit.
- Applicants profile MUST match the C.V attached. Any discrepancies between the C.V and the profile will lead to automatic disqualification.