Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Working with NGOs, the UN & International Organisation
Find details here
Medical jobs, Healthcare jobs, Nairobi Hospital jobs,
Reporting to the Unit Manager, the successful applicant will be responsible for carrying out eye–related clinical tasks in consultation with the ophthalmologist in line with established protocols and the Hospital’s objectives.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collect patient information as requested by the ophthalmologist including medical histories and eye measurements.
- Explain procedures, treatments and diagnoses to patients and carry out tests on patient’s eye pressure, pupil reactions, scope of vision, colour vision and muscle movement.
- Assist the Ophthalmologist to prepare the surgical room and equipment and to observe the patient.
- Clean and maintain sensitive ophthalmologic equipment and the exam rooms in line with established guidelines.
- Obtain patient medical histories and coordinate patient scheduling.
- Train and provide work guidance to allied ophthalmic personnel.
- Carry out office administrative duties.
- Provide assistance in eye surgeries, set up and maintain the related equipment.
- Perform diagnostic testing, including measuring a patient’s vision.
- Provide assistance in ECG tests in the executive clinic – VIPs; and
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned to the job holder by the supervisor from time to time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Higher Diploma in Ophthalmology from a recognized institution.
- Must be a Registered Ophthalmology Technologist in Kenya and hold a valid practicing licence.
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience.
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
- Knowledge of ophthalmic pharmacology and the use of corrective lenses
- Basic life support skills
- Drive and openness to learning
- Time management skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Basic counselling skills
- Decision making and judgement skills
- Analytical skills
- Patient care skills
- Attention to detail
- Customer service skills
- Planning and organising skills
- Communication skills
If your background, experience, and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number, your current remuneration, testimonials, and full contact details of 3 referees, to reach the undersigned not later than 8th December 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We shall ONLY accept ONLINE applications and contact SHORTLISTED candidates.
The Nairobi Hospital does NOT charge recruitment fees.
Head of Human Resources
The Nairobi Hospital
P. O. Box 30026 – 00100