Are you still using the OLD and OUTDATED CV format?
CV Format UPDATES for the year 2022 REVEALED
Find details here
ICT jobs, Engineering jobs, Bank jobs,
The role holder will be expected manage, support and ensure availability, performance and capacity of network & telephony resources.
(NOTE: Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs. 5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free Get More Details Here.)
He/she will be expected to work within the services level agreements to ensure exceptional network service experience.
- Establish a planning process for review of performance, secure, quality and capacity of the network & telephony infrastructure.
- Configure and troubleshoot network traffic engineering using BGP/OSPF/EIGRP and large-scale network operations and maintenance procedures.
- Analyse networks and troubleshoot network bugs to successfully mitigate large scale issues and develop innovative solutions.
- Configure routers, switches, firewalls, and load balancers, as well as upgrade software on routers, switches, firewalls and load balancers on a large-scale network.
- Conceptualize large scalable network solutions, write applicable acceptance and design documentation while implementing on a reduced time scale.
- Define and influence strategy within and outside the team
- Drive operational excellence projects to improve network performance and reliability
- Work closely with our software developers to fully automate operations
- Supervise IT contractors/vendors handling network equipment and installations to ensure value for money
- Provide support, monitor and respond to all queries assigned, investigations, correspondence and ensure closure of the same within service level agreements.
- Ensure adherence to policies, procedures, guidelines, standards and relevant regulatory requirements.
- Escalation of items/ any exceptional matters arising as per escalation matrix.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by my Line Manager from time to time.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in ICT, Computer Science or related field from a recognized University.
- Cisco Certification CCNA (Route & Switch), CCNA Security, CCNP (Route & Switch) will be an added advantage.
- Cisco Certification – CCNP Data Center and or Collaboration will be an added advantage.
- Certification in any Linux flavours will also be an added advantage.
- At least three (3) years of experience in Networks Engineering or Network Development Engineer or related occupations.
- Three years of experience to include: IP networking fundamentals and the application of IP protocols; use of protocols and technologies, including DWDM, 802.2/3, 802.1d VLANs/STP, IPv4 & IPv6, TCP (internals & flow control).
- Preferably one year of experience to include, HTTP; experience with either Python or PERL scripting
- Experience in Documentation, coordination and the deployment of manual and automated tests for complex systems – experience with DNAC will be an added advantage.
Send your CV and application letter showing how you meet the role requirement stated above to: Recruitment@nationalbank.co.ke by Wednesday, 15th December 2021.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage/s of the process.