Become a Certified Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
National Police Service Commission Internship Opportunities
The National Police Service Commission was established by the Constitution of Kenya 2010, Article 246(3) and given the following mandate:
- To recruit and appoint persons to hold or act in offices in the Service;
- To confirm appointments within the National Police Service;
- To determine promotions and transfers within the National Police Service;
- To exercise disciplinary control over and remove persons holding and
acting in offices within the Service
- To perform any other functions prescribed by national legislation,
In line with Government Internship Policy, the Commission intends to offer
internship opportunities to qualified youth in the area of Human Capital
Management to accord them an opportunity to gain practical work experience
which will improve their competencies and competitiveness in their career life.
The internship program aims at providing the youth an opportunity for on-thejob
experience to build upon skills learned at school and for professional
development hence, enhance their employability. In this regard, the Commission
seeks to recruit qualified youth for these positions.
- Internship Positions
Thirty (30) internship opportunities in Human Capital Management (HCM)
Qualifications and Basic requirements
- Bachelors Degree from a recognized institution in Human Resources
- Management or any Social Science field with a diploma in Human Resource Management
- Be unemployed Kenyan aged between 20 and 34 years
- Must not have benefited from a similar program
- Not retired or exited from formal employment
Must have completed their training and graduated with documentary proof of qualification.
Other requirements the successful interns will be required to have in line with
the internship policy and guidelines for the Commission are as follows; –
i. Valid certificate of good conduct
ii. Personal accident insurance cover for the internship period
iii. Copy of Pin certificate
iv. National identify card (ID) or copy of passport
v. Two (2) colored passport size photos
4. Duration of internship
The above positions are on a six (6) months renewable contract. The
individuals recruited shall be of high integrity and must satisfy the
requirement of leadership and integrity set out in Chapter six (6) of the
Constitution of Kenya.
(NOTE: Not sure where to get started on your cover letter? Check our NEWLY UPDATED cover letter template for NGOs for FREE! You can copy and paste this proven sample to create a lasting impression and get invited to the interview right away. Get it here.)
NPS Career page
Applicants are required to fill NPSC internship application form which can be downloaded from the NPSC website (www.npsc.go.ke) and submit together with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates so as to reach the address shown below by the close of business on or before 19th March, 2018 at 5.00 p.m.
NATIONAL POLICE SERVICE COMMISSION
WESTLANDS, SKYPARK PLAZA BUILDING, 5TH FLOOR
P.O. BOX 47363-00100
1. Only those shortlisted will be contacted.
2. The Commission does not guarantee employment after completion of
the internship program.
3. Canvassing directly or indirectly will result to disqualification.
4. Gender, ethnicity, disability and regional balance consideration will be
applied in the selection process.