Get a job with NGOs, the UN & International Organisations
Earn a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Find details here
Business related jobs, Conservation jobs, Finance jobs, Tourism Management jobs,Business administration jobs,Accounting jobs,Managerial jobs,
Conservation Tourism Manager
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Undertakes detailed conservation and social diligence on selected tourism operators in eastern and southern Africa.
- For new investments, prepares summary recommendations to the Conservation Committee on the conservation and social impact potential of a given investment based on the results of their diligence processes and the overall impact objectives of the Fund.
- Prepares detailed recommendations to the Conservation Committee for conservation and community activities to be undertaken by tourism operators in eastern and southern Africa, including specific language to be included as conservation criteria for investment on a case-by-case basis, in the form of a formal memorandum with annexed materials.
- Monitors on a bi-annual basis the conservation and community activities being undertaken by tourism operators receiving investment from the Fund and assessing performance against targeted Fund benchmarks and detailing that assessment in the form of a formal memorandum.
- Monitors as necessary the environmental and social risk profile of the companies that have received investment from the Fund and works closely with cornerstone investors to meet their risk and outcome reporting needs
- Coordinate the work and meetings of the Fund’s Conservation Committee, including all aspects of project management.
- Work closely with TNC Africa staff in the countries covered by the Fund as necessary on diligence and recommendations to ensure consistency in messaging and outcomes across TNC’s work in the region.
- Work with Protect Indigenous Landscape Director to ensure conservation and social impacts are aligned with TNC 2030 goals/ outcomes.
- Experience making written and oral recommendations and presentations
- Provide guidance to tourism operators on strategies to achieve outcomes for conservation and communities.
- Makes strategic decisions based on analysis, experience and judgment.
- Incorporates cross disciplinary knowledge to support program objectives.
- Coordinates the work of other professionals, inside and outside of the organization.
- Significant latitude to deal directly with field personnel and organizational leadership.
- Ability to contribute to conservation strategy decisions and support the Conservation Committee in their decision-making process.
- Requires willingness and ability to travel up to 50% both domestically and internationally, and to work occasional weekends and evenings
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Conservation, Finance, Tourism Management or related and 7 years of related experience or equivalent combination in a private sector environment, such as tourism or conservation finance focused on the landscapes of Africa.
- Experience leading and managing complex projects and strategic initiatives in an unstructured environment in the nature-based tourism sector in Africa.
- International work experience.
- Project management experience and experience meeting deadlines.
- Experience making written and oral recommendations and presentations
- Experience developing end products with software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel.
- Multi-lingual and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.
- Self-starter with ability to generate work products with limited support.
- Experience developing conservation tourism business plans or major strategy assessments, particularly with conservation forms of deal structuring, negotiations support, financial modeling and analysis, business planning.
- Experience developing, presenting and writing-up complex materials in briefing notes and / or memorandums.
- Knowledge of politics and society with respect to environmental and international affairs in Africa.
- Willingness to learn and develop expertise in new conservation strategies, economic drivers, management tools, and global affairs.
- Strong team player who can build relationships and work collaboratively across the organization, including with senior management, TNC Africa conservation staff and with Conservancy partners
Government Relations Director
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Applies a diversified knowledge of best practices to lead TNC’s government relations efforts within the region and countries where we work.
- Support country programs and strategy leads to develop and implement government relations strategies.
- Work with TNC country programs, partner governments and other NGOs and/or multilateral agencies to drive policy agenda in support of TNC’s work in the region to design strategies for and encourage the adoption of policies at the national level to help those countries develop and meet their commitments to their respective targets under the CBD and UNFCCC.
- Manage and provide strategic direction to TNC Africa’s policy work, fostering enabling conditions to achieve desired policy results.
- Lead and coordinate policy work in line with TNC Africa’s programs and strategies.
- Works with the Africa Region External Affairs team and other partners to engage with public funding agencies in our countries, such as international lending agencies, bilateral development groups, and private investors, to create understanding of and support for TNC Africa priorities.
- Support program objectives by working in a complex matrix organization environment collaboratively within a cross-functional interdisciplinary team.
- Acts independently within broad program goals, i.e., community-based and landscape-level conservation, sustainable finance, smart development, science and capacity building, and strategic partnerships.
- Manages multi-disciplinary administrative and professional staff with responsibility for performance management, training, and career development. Establishes clear directions and sets stretch objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to network and communicate effectively about TNC Africa.
- Develops and administers departmental budget and has authority to modify budget based on changing circumstances. Operates within budget guidelines to ensure sound financial performance.
- Work checked through consultation and agreement with others rather than by directives of superiors.
- Ensures that program meets all lobbying, contractual and legal regulations and standards.
- Bachelor’s degree and 7 years of related senior-level work experience, including current and evolving political, legislative and conservation trends on a regional and/or international level.
- Experience working with current and evolving political, legislative, sustainability, and/or conservation trends on an international, regional, country, and sub-national level.
- Fluency in English and knowledge of other languages within the geographies we work.
- Experience building strong relationships across an organization and with partners such as corporations, public agencies, donors, and/or volunteers.
- Experience managing and supervising a large multi-disciplinary team and managing a program budget.
- Experience in directing or participating in complex negotiations and presenting to and communicating with government officials, corporate executives, board members and others.
- Experience designing, implementing, and directing multiple and multifaceted projects, setting deadlines and ensuring program accountability.
- Experience in public policy, conservation/environmental policy, regulatory advocacy, and public funding.
- Experience communicating complex processes and ideas effectively to a variety of audiences within and outside an organization.
- Postgraduate degree in relevant field, such as business development, corporate governance or strategic management or international development will be an added advantage.
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural experience appreciated. French and Portuguese an advantage
- Experience with corporate social responsibility or corporate sustainability.
- Outstanding analytical, policy influencing, and project management capabilities. Demonstrated ability to successfully develop and implement complex projects in an unstructured environment.
- Outstanding written and oral communication, negotiating, and organizational skills.
- Independent and self-motivated with the ability to participate effectively in a remote team environment.
- Demonstrated Fundraising experience.
Financial Compliance Officer
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Ensures programmatic commitments, TNC policies and procedures, financial standards and legal requirements are met and managed for compliance.
- Responsible to lead and facilitate external, internal, donor or government /country audits, to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of audits, monitoring and completion of corrective action plans and submission within timelines as required by local laws.
- Lead person for audit planning and managing auditors to ensure they carry out audit activities promptly; guide audit implementation, and support in development and signing of audit reports.
- Provides audit and financial review support to the Africa Region by reviewing financial statements and audited reports.
- Promote a complete audit trail culture in the support documentation of all financial transactions.
- Maintain register of audit recommendations from financial audits, follow up and keep track of implementation of audit recommendations until they are closed.
- Perform general accounting duties to include recording of accounting transactions such as journal entries, revenue, adjustments, payables as may be applicable, business and payroll taxes, JE for transfers, loans, land transactions, accruals, deferred revenue & expense corrections, recording expense adjustments into the financial system.
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of accounting transactions such as journal entries
- Reinforces consistency in the organization’s policies and procedures and provides support related to relevant field.
- Ensure tax, filing, compliance and other regulatory certifications for the region are made.
- Liaise with regions accounting vendors, Operations Administrators and Finance Specialist on tax filings, compliance and certification.
- Maintains current knowledge of local government requirements related to finance and align with tax and other legal requirements.
- Provide training to staff and partner organizations on compliance aspects e.g., Standard Operating Procedures, Tax matters.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field and 4 years’ related experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience with relational databases especially MS Excel and accounting packages.
- Experience using accounting and financial reporting systems.
- Experience in manipulating, analyzing & interpreting data.
- Experience with technical command of spreadsheet programs, general ledger reports and other financial management tools.
- Experience in supporting multiple projects in various locations and/or countries.
- Experience with government regulations related to grants and contracts.
- Professional certification such as a CPA or CIA, or a candidate for same.
- Experience in auditing and tax matters.
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
- Multi-lingual skills and/or multi-cultural experience appreciated.
- Advanced expertise in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong organizational skills
- Non-profit accounting experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, accuracy, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of current trends in finance, accounting and regulatory environments.
- May require fluency in a foreign language to support global operations.
- Technical expertise on complex accounting/financial issues.
Executive Coordinator to the Africa Regional Managing Director
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Facilitate effective coordination between the RMD and the Africa Development and External Affairs teams and other fundraising teams across the organization on meetings, proposals, and other business.
- Assist the RMD in managing weekly activities and follow up
- Assist RMD with expense reporting.
- Support Africa Leadership Team weekly calls, including agenda development and follow-up.
- Facilitate project and strategy reviews in close cooperation with the RMD and the Africa Director of Conservation
- Coordinate with the EA or Chief of Staff of the Chief Conservation Officer on key workstreams that involve the Africa Region RMD (full cost budgeting, SCA priorities, Conservation Team, RMD Team, etc.).
- Provide support for new staff interviews for key positions.
- Ensure the RMD’s travel schedule is known to key individuals identified by the RMD.
- Maintain accountability for strategic goals related to functional area.
- Act independently and in supervisor’s stead as needed, exercising independent judgment to identify and solve complex problems.
- Develop and implement new initiatives that will ensure department and organization-wide goals and strategies are achieved
- Ensure programmatic commitments, Conservancy policies and procedures, financial standards, and legal requirements are met and managed for compliance; decisions may bind the organization financially or legally.
- Assist with the development of and work within a budget; negotiate and contract with vendors.
- Maintain confidentiality of frequently sensitive and emotionally charged information
- Manage and implement multiple projects, including managing budget, setting deadlines, and ensuring accountability.
- May manage or participate in complex negotiations.
- Travel occasionally, working long and flexible hours, as needed.
- Work is diversified and may not always fall under established practices and guidelines.
- Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements and minor physical exertion and/or strain
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years related experience or equivalent combination, including 2 years providing direct administrative support to a senior manager;
- Experience managing and implementing multiple projects;
- Excellent communications and detail management skills;
- Experience with current technology in relevant field;
- Experience working with a wide range of people, such as board of directors, donors, volunteers, and/or all levels of staff across multiple geographies and time zones
- Experience negotiating agreements
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experiences are appreciated;
- Ability to manage and implement complex processes and diverse activities;
- Ability to work in partnership with others in a collaborative role;
- Advanced knowledge in current and evolving technology utilized by program;
- Demonstrated ability to conceive and write creatively for various audiences;
- Proficiency in interpreting guidelines and manipulating, analyzing, and interpreting data;
- Strong organization, planning, and problem-solving skills; and/or
- Successful experience implementing strategic program goals