Banking jobs, Business-related jobs,
Relationship Manager -Ultimate Banking
Relationship Management and Customer Service
- Provide clients with personalized service so as to develop close relationships, achieve maximum profitable contribution for the client and the bank, and build client loyalty.
- Identify financial and non-financial requirements for clients by conducting a financial needs analysis.
- Ensure clients are aware of all financial services offered by the bank; drive a full-service bank agenda.
- Use systems effectively for customer contact management, sales, and service activities.
- Ensure delivery of service promises for improved customer satisfaction levels.
- Minimize client attrition.
- Ensure that set Complaint Management processes are followed and TATs are met.
- Source New Business from clients through referrals, marketing activities, and personal contacts.
- Develop the customer base and expand the unit’s business growth through marketing of the banking products and services.
- Enhance HFC personal Banking sales and revenues and promote cross-selling of bank products to all existing clients.
- Achieve Revenue goals, Sales and Portfolio growth targets across a range of products and services.
- Achieve Product holdings per customer growth targets
- Ensuring revenue growth through customer acquisition, new need identification, product cross-sell, and re-engineering increased product usage for existing clients.
- Participate in cross-departmental customer calls for marketing initiatives.
- Drive segment-based focus on products and conduct branch product trainings.
- Complete the training programs allocated in line with your Role.
- Ensure that the target market selection criteria are adhered to and that we are in full compliance with Know Your Customer (KYC) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) requirements.
- Strong responsibility for ethical selling to customers with complete disclosure about products and services.
- Ensure the portfolio allocated is closely monitored and the actions recommended are diligently executed.
- Ensure the required approvals are obtained before authorizing payments.
- Monitor overdrawn accounts and overdue loans and follow up with clients to regularize.
- Ensure that accounts are not overdrawn without authorization.
- Adhere to set processes and procedures.
Key Competencies and Skills
- Knowledge of Banking and Business Operations: well-rounded knowledge of ALL the Bank’s operations and processes and excellent knowledge of Bank policies and procedures
- Audit Standards and Legislations: Good knowledge of International Accounting and Audit Standards, and Legislations.
- Compliance and Regulatory Framework: Good understanding of the regulatory issues, reporting and operational requirements as provided by CBK, KRA, KIB, etc.
- Conceptual and Analytical Skills: Ability to quickly grasp and understand systems and keen attention to detail
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills: the ability to build rapport easily with customers, have well-developed oral and report-writing skills, and have the ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Results and Achievement-Oriented: strives to achieve results, enjoys measuring others, being measured, and being judged on performance standards.
- Personal Ethics: Must be honest, fair, just, but firm with oneself, and of high integrity.
- Negotiation Skills: You must be a good negotiator, particularly in changing behavior and work practices, but always seek a win-win outcome.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field
- CISI Certified Level 1 will be an added advantage
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar job with a financial services institution.