Commerce jobs, Finance jobs, Accounting jobs, Business Administration jobs,
Senior Credit Officer – Loan Issuance
- As part of our growth strategy, we are looking to hire a qualified personnel to fill the position of a Senior Credit Officer – Loan Issuance. Reporting to the Credit Manager,
- the position holder will oversee the societies’ loan issuance function by ensuring adherence to lending policies and procedures and constantly reviewing them to meet relevant changes in the financial sector.
- Evaluate creditworthiness and ensure timely appraisal of all loan.
- Confirming loan repayment mode and ensuring that appropriate documentations are attached to facilitate prompt loan recovery.
- Ensure that all loan applications are saved on EDMS before the credit manager’s approval.
- Ensuring professional, timely, accurate and efficient feedback to clients on pending documentation and requirements on pending loans and any other information sought.
- Consistently monitor remittance of loan repayment through DDA’s, check offs, Fosa remittance and standing orders etc.
- Ensure a 100% SLA adherence on all loan applications.
- Conduct risk assessments and client credit analyses.
- Reviewing financial statements, valuation reports, charge documents, policy documents and other documents to identify potential risks or opportunities, in making credit decisions.
- Draft letters of offer and valuation reports for signoff by the Credit manager.
- Prompt submission of valuation and charge instructions to valuers and lawyers respectively.
- Follow-up on loans pending conveyance with the goal of SLA adherence.
- Security perfection inline with the credit policy, safeguard all securities and keep an updated collateral register of all types of loans.
- Reviewing and assessing the performance of the Sacco loan portfolio and making recommendations to the credit manager.
- Thorough appraisal of new loan applications to ensure prevention of new loan default
- In charge of recovery on accounts in 31-60 days arrears.
- Scrutinizing DDA’s submitted by loan applicants to ensure they are correctly filled and all details are captured correctly.
- Ensuring that all internal standing orders are instituted promptly.
- Maintain a high standard of operational control including adherence to risk management and compliance guidelines.
- Keeping updated with Sacco’s guidelines for its internal policies and procedures to mitigate financial loss and fraud within the Sacco.
- Induction and training of new staff recruited into the department.
- Supervision of loan officers’ roles and responsibilities.
- Manage and prioritise the work of the team including taking responsibility for assigning tasks that work is completed on time in line with Sacco priorities.
- Financial Advisory services and education to members on savings and loans in Sacco forums, to walk-ins, and through phone calls
- Ensuring efficient flow of information to and from members and other stakeholders.
- Answer various routine inquiries (both phone and mails) from the clients and other members of the general public.
- Ensure preparation of monthly/weekly credit reports as and when they fall due.
- Analysis of the loans report / relevant reports to the role and recommendations to management.
- A Degree in Commerce / Business Administration or any other related field with at least CPA Part II/ ACCA II;
- A Diploma in Co-operative Management or any other related professional course will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role in a busy financial Institution.
- Good knowledge of Excel spread sheets & MS Word.
- Computer literate
- Excellent customer focus
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Good Communication skills
- Good problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Analytical skills and attention to detail.
Those who meet the minimum requirement fill the attached application form by
clicking on the link https://forms.gle/nravxrqwSBcWfbwd8 and share their cover letter
and Curriculum Vitae to saccocommittee@Safaricom.co.ke on or before 2nd October
2023. Incomplete applications shall not be considered.
Due to the numerous applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be