Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Security management jobs, Security operations jobs,Security Risk Management jobs,
Manager, Physical Security & Safety
- To Maintain a safe and secure environment for customers and employees by establishing and enforcing security policies and procedures; supervising the security guard force.
- Define and implement Physical Security Plan for Stanbic Bank Business Operation
- Identify and evaluate threats, vulnerabilities and the potential impact of security breaches and mitigate same with appropriate measures.
- Evaluate the physical environment in the building and sites occupied by the bank to determine the suitability of measures implemented to protect people and assets.
- Define and Implement the rules and processes for controlling people’s access to the Bank’s
- Spot security breaches and Assess the severity and respond in the appropriate manner.
- Develop the Knowledge and understanding of the systems and processes in place to monitor and control building access.
- Assess the appropriateness of the different types of intrusion detection systems and their application to the different types of premises that the Bank occupies.
- Understand the purpose and application of video monitoring devices and systems and of the components that make up comprehensive monitoring.
- Define and implement standards and specifications of different types of storage devices, safes and other secure facilities.
- Define and implement standard for security protocols related to the close protection for selected individuals.
- Effective understanding of the procedures needed to respond to emergency situations including the alerting of authorities and the execution of first responder activities.
Provide Leadership for effective performance
- Believing in oneself, own judgement, skills and experience, and using this self-confidence to challenge others for the benefit of Standard Bank.
- Continuously and actively curious, seeking a deeper, broader and more objective understanding, upon which to base commercial acumen, strategic decisions and actions.
- Understands the line-of-sight between strategy and organizational implementation. Translates the organizational strategy into specific decisions and actions to ensure the strategy implementation.
- Aligns resources to effectively execute against the strategic direction.
- Sets clear performance standards and expectations, and holds others accountable when these are not met. Takes accountability for team delivery against the expectations and contribution to results.
- Enables and empowers the team to implement/execute a strategic vision or change for the better. Leads with passion and energy.
- Effectively and strategically influences across the organization, based on previously established credibility and respect, as well as understanding the organizational dynamics, politics and interpersonal context.
- Understands and leverages the dependencies across the organization and the impact of own actions on the rest of the organization to create organization alignment for decision-making and delivery of quality outcomes.
- Taking responsibility for identifying, developing and retaining capability for the benefit of the broader business, based on a genuine intent to foster the long term learning or development of others.
Apply Regulatory and Legislative Compliance requirements to avoid breaches and Sanctions
- Manage contractual obligations in order to deliver the objectives required in the contract.
- Apply knowledge and understanding of the role / functions of construction and the built environment within the context of the local legislative and industry regulatory framework.
- Applicable Knowledge of legislation legal policies and procedures pertaining to the local, regional and relevant international laws.
- Demonstrates skills and abilities needed to effectively develop and present the Organization’s interests in matters of dispute.
- Good knowledge of the laws and legal principles governing the administration and contractual obligations of the organization.
- Ability to comply with relevant legislation, regulatory and professional standards.
- Insight into and understanding of the various laws and regulations regulating the financial services industry.
Manage operational risk
- Ensures adequate compliance with the laid-down instructions by all areas under control.
- Ensures the maintenance of an effective control structure, with control activities defined at each level and duties appropriately allocated.
- Establishes monitors and manages physical, operational and process risk controls and levels of authority in the POR to minimize risk exposure
Drive Operational effectiveness
- Ensures effective management of expenditure with emphasis on the containment of controllable costs.
- Optimises and streamlines existing systems, processes and controls for cost-effective service delivery.
- Provides an effective administrative function for the project team members
- Ensures overall operational readiness and efficiency of the branch infrastructure prior to operations
- Ensures overall staff complement is in line with workforce measurements.
- The ability to implement operational techniques and activities that are used to fulfil requirements for quality including; improvement, control, management or assurance of quality.
- Knowledge of and ability to implement all quality management policies and procedures.
- The ability to promote and maintain high standards of quality at work.
- Understands, implements, manages and maintains quality management systems and provides a support service to the organization.
- Knowledge and understanding of the formal international frameworks for measuring and monitoring quality.
- Knowledge and application of techniques that can be applied to determine the cause of process or control failures.
- Knowledge and understanding of the process and thinking required to formulate objectives and priorities, and implement plans consistent with the long-term interests of the organization in a global environment.
- The ability to identify and capitalize on opportunities and manage risks.
- Understanding and application of the discipline of policy analysis, definition, writing and implementation.
- The ability to develop and drive shared understanding of a long term vision for the organization.
- The ability to translate the organization’s vision and long term goals into medium and short term deliverables.
- Type of Qualification: A first Degree
- Field of Study: Security Risk Management
- Physical Security
- Real Estate Management
- 7-10 years
- A minimum of 10 years Security management operations experience with at least 3 years in financial institutions
Job Function: Information Technology
- 1-2 years
- Knowledge of security equipment
- Adopting Practical Approaches
- Checking Details
- Developing Expertise
- Documenting Facts
- Establishing Rapport
- Examining Information
- Following Procedures
- Meeting Timescales
- Producing Output
- Taking Action
- Team Working
- Upholding Standards
- Evaluating Risk Management Effectiveness
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Physical Security Management
- Promote Good Governance, Risk & Control
- Security Assessment and Testing
- Security Assessment